Paul DeYonghe's Guide to the Faith Teachers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimiel

Where's the Beef?

Where's the Beef?

This thread is pretty prophetic of the Battle Royale, you have a lot of fluffy pictures, and no content.

Brother Vinny

Re: Where's the Beef?

Re: Where's the Beef?

Originally posted by famousGandalf7
This thread is pretty prophetic of the Battle Royale, you have a lot of fluffy pictures, and no content.

Cheap shot, not to meantion wholly inaccurate.

The fact of the matter is, you've sidestepped dealing with issues of content several times-- to ask for an apology, to claim the tenets I'm attacking arose from obscurity, what have you. All this points to one conclusion: You lack the chutzpah to defend what the Word-Faith Movement teaches, and so take great pains to make it appear as though thay do not teach what they clearly do.

servent101

This is the place where it said the really big guys come to duke it out... after years of practice is this what I will become?

HerodionRomulus

Gasp Shock Grin :)

Gasp Shock Grin :)

For once PdY and I fully agree. These folks are waaaay off base and their essentials are not in any way compatible with mainline, historical Christianity, either in practice or in creed.
None of them can affirm any of the basics of the faith.

When I was quite young in Christ, some 20+ years ago, I watched Fred Price and TBN regularly but........
as I continued to read the Bible, pray etc and examined every doctrine critically to test for it's validity, I realized they were quite off base.
Then I encountered a Bible that had Copeland notes and could EASILY see that it was non-Christian.

Once, on a whim, I took an issue of Charisma magazine and examined every article, every ad.
I found that the words "Jesus" "Christ" and "Jesus Christ" were used less than 6 times TOTAL.

Toooooo many people just take what some preacher says at face value and never question it. That's (IMHO) the main reason so many Christians don't fulfill our imperative to love God and love others. (I J3:23)

HerodionRomulus

Though not directly influencing the WOF movement, don't forget:

Unity School of Christianity
and
Norman Vincent Peale and the Power of Positive Thinking.

rene

Paul DeYonghe - I have to say that what you posted in your debate are the very same points that I have found to be true. You not only explained the points - you also documented them as well.

Very well done.

arminius761

well done

well done

Dera Paul,
Soon I read your discussion with fG7 and would like to say "well done". In my country (Bulgaria, eastern Europe) after the fall of the comunist regime we saw considerable goruth of so cald Word of faith curches. For this reason I need quite often to argue against their teaching espessialy having in mind that most of the christians during this time were new in faith and not mature enough. Studing their teachings I came almost to the same conclusions that you defend. Facing so extreme perversions it is refreshing to find people who still hold "this old faith delivered once and forever to us". It is good to remind us that even being "people of the book" we are not the first who open the bible and think about this topics. Througuot the church history this was done by people far more clever, commited to God and filled with the Spitir then we are so new additional doctrines to our faith are not allowed.
Be blessed for staying on the good foundation.

In Christ
arminius761

P.S. Big excuse for everyone who read this for my English. As you could see I am not a native speaker.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: well done

Re: well done

Originally posted by arminius761

P.S. Big excuse for everyone who read this for my English. As you could see I am not a native speaker.

Your English is fine, arminius761. And, welcome to TOL.

coffeeman

I don't think Tim Lahaye is part of the WOF movement...even though he looks likes James Copeland.

Anyone else ever notice that? Copeland looks like a carricature of himself....glory beeee

coffeeman

Kenneth....that's Kenneth Copeland...James was an outlaw.....
need caffeine quick!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.