Paul was NEVER under Peter's authority

Right Divider

Body part
Paul received his authority from the risen and ascended Lord Jesus Christ.

It is claimed by the Romanists that Paul went to Peter in Galatians 2 to "check" that he was teaching correct doctrine. That is absolutely absurd in the highest. They claim that Paul waited almost TWO DECADES (~17 years) to "verify" his teaching? Absolutely ridiculous in every way!

Paul received HIS commission directly from the Lord Jesus Christ AFTER Israel had fallen. The TWELVE apostles were to judge the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL (from TWELVE thrones none the less). Paul is the ONE apostle for the ONE body.

When Paul met with the twelve in Galatians 2, they added NOTHING to Paul... but on the contrary Paul added something to them.

Gal 2:6-7 KJV But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person: ) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: (7) But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Paul was given something unique and they recognized it.
Gal 2:9 KJV And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Note that Paul is speaking about something given to HIM, uniquely.

During his entire ministry, Paul was defending his authority.
2Co 11:5 KJV For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

2Co 12:11 KJV I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.
And today... most of Christianity belittles Paul's ministry as well.

<more on this later>

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Thread cleaned up. Do not enter a thread if you have nothing of value to add. It is unnecessarily disruptive.

Right Divider

Body part
Paul constantly claimed a UNIQUE message and ministry.

1Ti 1:11 KJV According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Rom 2:16 KJV In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Rom 16:25-26 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

2Ti 2:8 KJV Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Eph 3:2 KJV If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

1Co 3:10 KJV According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

Again and again and again... Paul points to himself as the one that Christ gave something unique (i.e., the gospel of the grace of God) and yet again and again and again Churchianity says that "it's all the same" as what came before.

They are WRONG.

Last edited: