ECT Pentecostal Testimony

andyc

That isn't at all what 1 Cor. 14:1 is saying, but you forced to read it into the biblical text in order to maintain your present belief system.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Yes, I am forced to read "desire spiritual gifts" into a text that says "desire spiritual gifts". Shame on me.

andyc

I think we'll find that there are more people having spiritual gifts who desired them, than those who didn't desire them.

JosephR

I was exagerating to get the obvious point across. The fact is, you don't ask, you don'get. As you've aleady found out.

Did Noah ask to get to build a boat?

Elijah once asked something of The Lord , he did not get it...

I personally think the speaking in tongues is an elitist , socially motivated gimmick .... I am not saying The Lord cannot move on a person and they couldn't speak in tongues.. But if the Spirit is apon all who do then something is seriously wrong with this practice ..

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I personally think the speaking in tongues is an elitist , socially motivated gimmick .... I am not saying The Lord cannot move on a person and they couldn't speak in tongues.. But if the Spirit is apon all who do then something is seriously wrong with this practice ..

I haven't seen anyone sad while speaking in tongues and they all seem to be enjoying rejoicing together.

Act 2:13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.
Act 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
Act 2:15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.
Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

LA

andyc

No. He was told to build a boat.

Elijah fell into fear, and ran for his life. He wasn't thinking clearly.

I personally think the speaking in tongues is an elitist , socially motivated gimmick ....

Paul would disagree with you. He spoke in tongues more than all of the Corinthians.

I am not saying The Lord cannot move on a person and they couldn't speak in tongues.. But if the Spirit is apon all who do then something is seriously wrong with this practice ..

Paul explained that it is wrong to speak in tongues when it is not properly in order. This means that it is possible to use the gift when the Spirit is not moving on the person.
How do you think this is possible?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul would disagree with you. He spoke in tongues more than all of the Corinthians.

Paul explained that it is wrong to speak in tongues when it is not properly in order. This means that it is possible to use the gift when the Spirit is not moving on the person.

It is the same as when people argue against the gifts of the Spirit when they have no motivation from God to do so.

They just speak according to their flesh.

LA

JosephR

I have listened to opera before, I didn't understand what the words were but the emotion was clear and not needing a translation...... You ever listened to an instrument that you don't know how to play but still connect with the sound? This is what may have happened to you and the native person you spoke too..

Biblically I would have to say the gift and signs are not for you"us". Your not a Corinthian .... And you shouldn't handle serpents or raise the dead as a weekly worship service at your home church...

God bless

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I have listened to opera before, I didn't understand what the words were but the emotion was clear and not needing a translation...... You ever listened to an instrument that you don't know how to play but still connect with the sound? This is what may have happened to you and the native person you spoke too..

Biblically I would have to say the gift and signs are not for you"us". Your not a Corinthian .... And you shouldn't handle serpents or raise the dead as a weekly worship service at your home church...

God bless

yes. by all means, continue to relate the Word of God, as an instrament. apparently you have visualizations of serpents at churches, and crazy ideas of "Churches" - overall. yes, we ALL feel the music. so, is that special ? are you special ? do you hear and arrange notes and "music" to communicate in a "special" way ? can you play an instrament ? or do you just reply with negative implications of anything Jesus Christ - :patrol:

JosephR

yes. by all means, continue to relate the Word of God, as an instrament. apparently you have visualizations of serpents at churches, and crazy ideas of "Churches" - overall. yes, we ALL feel the music. so, is that special ? are you special ? do you hear and arrange notes and "music" to communicate in a "special" way ? can you play an instrament ? or do you just reply with negative implications of anything Jesus Christ - :patrol:

I have never disrespected The Lord Christ Jesus... Do you have something to say to me?