ECT Pentecostal Testimony

Word based mystic

since tongues seem to be a main issue I would be glad to say that I have spoken in tongues of men and angels at different times. someone asked andy so I thought I would tell as well.
Also have spoken in different types of tongue. 1 cor 14:2-4 2For one who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God; for no one understands, but in his spirit he speaks mysteries. 3But one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation.…4 One who speaks in a tongue edifies himself; but one who prophesies edifies the church.…

I personally have not experienced the expression where one speaks and the other translates.

I have led a person in prayer through speaking in english and the peruvian indian understood it in his native language. I had a spanish translator that the native peruvian could speak spanish as well. When he heard me praying he told the spanish translator to not translate because he could understand what i was having him pray in his local indian dialect.
I am open to questions.

Cross Reference

since tongues seem to be a main issue I would be glad to say that I have spoken in tongues of men and angels at different times. someone asked andy so I thought I would tell as well.
Also have spoken in different types of tongue. 1 cor 14:2-4 2For one who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God; for no one understands, but in his spirit he speaks mysteries. 3But one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation.…4 One who speaks in a tongue edifies himself; but one who prophesies edifies the church.…

I personally have not experienced the expression where one speaks and the other translates.

I have led a person in prayer through speaking in english and the peruvian indian understood it in his native language. I had a spanish translator that the native peruvian could speak spanish as well. When he heard me praying he told the spanish translator to not translate because he could understand what i was having him pray in his local indian dialect.
I am open to questions.

I know of many who gave their life to the Lord by understanding a message in unknown tongues directed at them. One such message was to a German in a meeting no one needed to interpret for him __ nor was the unknown tongue, German. I, too, have had "my mail" read to me several times.

lifeisgood

So are you saying if you ask for speaking in tongue, you will speak in tongue?

I know what AoG believes because I was a member for several months. I was devoted member too.

1 Corinthians 14:2 — For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
1 Corinthians 14:3 — But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
1 Corinthians 14:4 — He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
1 Corinthians 14:5 — I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
1 Corinthians 14:39 — Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

andyc

I tell you what! If you promise not to post in whatever threads
I'm in, ever again and never post to me again, I'll not come
back to this thread? Remember, you must never say anything
to me or about me anywhere! And, you must never come on
another thread that I post in? Is it a deal??

No

If you start a thread and don't want me to participate in it. I won't.

andyc

I am open to questions.

Yes I've heard similar testimonies. Great!

andyc

That must be why I haven't received that billion dollars I keep asking for... :think:

Why are you asking for a billion dollars?
Paul tells us to desire spiritual gifts, but I don't remember him telling us to desire massive wealth.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Because I did answer it in the form of a question. If God answers prayer he'll give you what you ask, or give you instruction.

No you did not. But I will answer your question.

God will answer if your question if it is legitimate or it is within His will. Duh. You should know better.

andyc

No you did not. But I will answer your question.

God will answer if your question if it is legitimate or it is within His will. Duh. You should know better.

He'll answer the question if it's not in his will also. It'll be no.

Cruciform

Why are you asking for a billion dollars? Paul tells us to desire spiritual gifts, but I don't remember him telling us to desire massive wealth.
Just making an important point, which you have insisted upon missing entirely. :doh:

andyc

Just making an important point, which you have insisted upon missing entirely. :doh:

You don't get what you don't ask for. This is what you missed entirely.
James 4:2-3 was the passage in mind. You don't expect to speak in tongues. Well don't worry, you won't.

andyc

Neither do you always get what you ask for. God answers as He wills.

His will is his word.
1John 5:14 Tells us that if we ask anything according to his will, we have what we asked for. The way you interpret this is that if you don't get it, it wasn't God's will. Nope. You either don't ask, or don't expect. It's that simple.
God is not yes yes and no no. All God's promises are yes and amen.