ECT Pentecostal Testimony

andyc

So are you saying if you ask for speaking in tongue, you will speak in tongue?

I know what AoG believes because I was a member for several months. I was devoted member too.

Do you believe God answers prayer?

andyc

How were you 'born again' (saved)?

I always believed in God and always believed that Jesus died for me. There was never a time that I can think of when I didn't believe that Jesus died for me. However, I wasn't born of the Spirit because I didn't accept Jesus as my personal Lord and savior. I understood that Jesus died for sin universally, where I was included in it, but I didn't see it and accept on a personal level until I was 21 (now 45).
I received Christ one night while I was sick with a very bad flu. Had just been made redundant from my job, had large debts, thought my car was broken beyond repair, a girl I was with at the time took off. A real pathetic situation. I lay in bed suffering badly with the worst flu ever experienced, and went into self pity mode. I blamed everything on God, but while feeling miserable I started to think about things I had done throughout my life that were shameful. This confused me, and I couldn't understand why these thoughts of all the nasty things I'd done were suddenly flooding my mind. Obviously God was nailing me personally as a sinner and pouring on the conviction.
After a while I had tears rolling down, and hated myself. So I asked God to forgive me, and accepted Jesus as Lord and savior, and the flu symptoms lifted and I felt a peace that was beyond belief. I knew God as Father, and I knew I was his son. Went to sleep peacefully and woke a different person, and wanted more than anything to read the bible.
I told no one what had happened to me because I didn't want people to start telling me what to do. I continued going to bars and clubs with my buds, continue cussing, getting drunk etc, but started to experience conviction. God was gently guiding me away from that lifestyle in a way that I didn't experience condemnation, but the Holy Spirit was a gentle counsellor for 4 years bringing me to the place where I desired to be a part of a church fellowshipping with believers.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, I don't believe I can do that with you or for you. You have a spiritual 'blockage' that prevents your understanding, you need to overcome. That is a personal matter and journey no one but God can help you with until you give yourself completely over to Him...

right over your head.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I would appreciate it if you would leave this thread because you offer nothing. I do not post in peoples threads where I'm told not to.
Please don't post in this thread anymore.

I tell you what! If you promise not to post in whatever threads
I'm in, ever again and never post to me again, I'll not come
back to this thread? Remember, you must never say anything
to me or about me anywhere! And, you must never come on
another thread that I post in? Is it a deal??

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I tell you what! If you promise not to post in whatever threads
I'm in, ever again and never post to me again, I'll not come
back to this thread? Remember, you must never say anything
to me or about me anywhere! And, you must never come on
another thread that I post in? Is it a deal??

You are a troll Marowbe.

How you can ever think you are serving the Lord is beyond me.

Get off the thread.

LA