PETA wants lion hunter put to death

Nazaroo

Not a fair comparison. A military sniper is engaging a hostile target that can cause damage.

Lions and other big cats are also hostile targets that cause damage,
and terrorize villages throughout Africa and third world countries.

Not seeing any real distinction here except quality of weapons
and circumstances in third world countries.

You have probably never lived for any length of time in a village in the Congo
where there is constant danger of nocturnal invasions by predators.

Quetzal

Lions and other big cats are also hostile targets that cause damage,
and terrorize villages throughout Africa and third world countries.

Not seeing any real distinction here except quality of weapons
and circumstances in third world countries.

You have probably never lived for any length of time in a village in the Congo
where there is constant danger of nocturnal invasions by predators.
You can't distinguish between a hostile military target and a lion. It isn't even worth talking to you.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
They are not on the endangered species list. They are however listed as a vulnerable species. Trophy hunters targeting alpha male lions is a problem, as it affects the genetics of the lion population. The problem with that is that new pack leaders tend to kill the cubs of the dead pack leader thus removing the pack leaders genes. This affects the species, pair that with habitat destruction, it can become problematic.

The lion killed was a pack leader.

Your post makes it sound as if alpha male lions respect one another (i.e. there is no violence between them).

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/worlds-deadliest/deadliest-lions-vs

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selaphiel
Wanting the death penalty for him is obviously ridiculous. That said, killing a beautiful animal for the sake of some braindead macho posturing is abhorrent behavior. Sure it took great courage taking down that lion with those preparations and equipment...

Lions obviously are ferocious animals, but at least they do not kill for sport. The rate at which humans causes extinction of species is alarming to say the least.

Yeah, PETA's rather a nutball outfit and probably do more to hurt animal welfare than help.

A TOL first! Art Brain actually said something that is true! And now onto his obsession with me:

With regards to the rest then my sentiments exactly. Anyone who derives pleasure from killing an animal for supposed "sport" is a piece of work, so no particular surprise that Connie would like a 'trophy room' full of dead animals.

On the plus side, given his aim and if Connie were to actually go on a hunting spree, the only things in any real danger would be his own feet...

There is a reason that permits are issued for hunting wild game princess. Thinning the herd/pack so that animals don't starve to death is one reason.

Lion_StarvingInNairobiPark_200.jpg

article-1164269-040ECC18000005DC-184_638x388.jpg

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Wanting the death penalty for him is obviously ridiculous. That said, killing a beautiful animal for the sake of some braindead macho posturing is abhorrent behavior. Sure it took great courage taking down that lion with those preparations and equipment...

Lions obviously are ferocious animals, but at least they do not kill for sport. The rate at which humans causes extinction of species is alarming to say the least.

:up: This story is horrible.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/30/us/walter-palmer-whereabouts/index.html

(CNN)Dr. Walter Palmer is nowhere to be found.

The Minnesota dentist has gone underground in the onslaught of criticism after he killed a prized African lion named Cecil.

It probably shouldn't come as a surprise; an angry horde of Cecil supporters is calling for his head to be mounted on a wall.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is investigating the circumstances surrounding the lion's killing.

"At this point in time, however, multiple efforts to contact Dr. Walter Palmer have been unsuccessful. We ask that Dr. Palmer or his representative contact us immediately," said Edward Grace, the service's deputy chief of law enforcement.

CNN knocked on the door of his Minneapolis home, but no one answered.

His practice, River Bluff Dental, is shuttered, at least for now. A memorial of plush animals piles up at the door.

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
Man went from killing people with lions to wanting to kill people for killing lions.

An improvement, I suppose, if not an absurd one, but it is not eye for eye to want death for someone killing an animal. We as a species have a responsibility to ensure our own eminence and interests, just as a shark if he should decide to devour you in the sea.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/30/us/walter-palmer-whereabouts/index.html

(CNN)Dr. Walter Palmer is nowhere to be found.

The Minnesota dentist has gone underground in the onslaught of criticism after he killed a prized African lion named Cecil.

Look how the liberals downplay the massive death threats towards Dr. Palmer by using the word "criticism" :

"Palmer has since received death threats as worldwide anger continues to erupt over the killing of the safari park favourite..."
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/594647/Cecil-the-lion-death-threats-American-dentist

Arthur Brain

A TOL first! Art Brain actually said something that is true! And now onto his obsession with me:

Well, that would be one more than you've managed but hope springs eternal an' all that...

There is a reason that permits are issued for hunting wild game princess. Thinning the herd/pack so that animals don't starve to death is one reason.

Nobody said there wasn't queenie. It doesn't negate the fact that those who derive pleasure from killing animals and having their stuffed carcasses as "trophies" are complete knobs.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Well, Cecil, the peace loving lion would probably have eaten the PETA gentleman on an off day. :chew: That said I find hunting any animal you don't eat, from a distance and with a high powered rifle, to be contemptible.

Now if you do it with a hunting knife I have no problems. If you can drop one that way more power to you.

Or, better yet, "Bare handed?"

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Interestingly, lions are farmed for meat right here in the United States.

I bought a couple lion steaks as a Christmas gift one year. That was years ago, now that stuff goes for $1000 per pound!

I'll email you my address for my upcoming Christmas present (I'm worth every cent of it).

kmoney

Hall of Fame