alwight

On a related note: I'd love to have a trophy room like this:

trophyroom4.jpg
You should be shot aCW. :AMR:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe someone will try to lure him out of his home and then shoot him with a crossbow.

You should be shot aCW. :AMR:

You pagans and atheists have murdering unborn babies (and selling their body parts) down to a science, murdering adults just isn't your style (unless you shot him or me in the back).

Play nice kiddos, I don't want any of my favorite pagans or atheists to get banned for making death threats.

alwight

You pagans and atheists have murdering unborn babies (and selling their body parts) down to a science, murdering adults just isn't your style (unless you shot him or me in the back).

Play nice kiddos, I don't want any of my favorite pagans or atheists to get banned for making death threats.
It was a figure of speech aCW, but on reflection I should have said "humanely put down". :plain:

zoo22

Some African officials have supported the death penalty for poachers. (Actually, it's been suggested that poachers be shot on site, with no trial: Tanzania’s Modest Proposal: Shoot Elephant Poachers On The Spot). Besides the issues of extinction and protecting animals, about 1000 African rangers have been killed by poachers in the past decade.

Once there was a death sentence for poachers in England. Even for poaching fish.

I don't support the death penalty.

I hope this American poacher dentist is extradited and gets the maximum prison sentence and maximum fines in Zimbabwe. I hope he's locked up in a jail with a dirt floor and has to use a hole in the ground as a toilet. I hope that in the prison, there are lots and lots of prisoners who were big fans of Cecil the lion. I hope that the people who helped him poach Cecil the lion are also punished to the maximum. I hope it all helps set a new, stricter tone in terms of punishing poachers.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
(1) So how do you guys feel about military snipers?
What do you mean, how do I feel about a soldier doing his duty? In war you kill people. There's no nice way to do that. Do I appreciate the ground soldier who both sees and is seen by his enemy more than the "duck hunter" or seaman lobbing shells from a distant ship? I appreciate the level of bravery required, but they're all doing their jobs.

(2) And if ISIS made a video beheading a lion, would that anger anyone?
Sure. Why wouldn't it?

Look, when I was a young man my grandfather taught me to track and hunt, to field dress and respect the animal I hunted. What trophy hunters do isn't something I was brought up to respect and I don't.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
As seen below, Dr. Palmer has quite a few trophies, and I would imagine most if not all of them were legal kills:

Palmer%2Bwith%2Bleopard.jpeg

palmer3_3390822b.jpg

2AE866F600000578-3177303-image-a-8_1438095309091.jpg

I wonder why he didn't get a permit for lion hunting?

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can we get a few more pages deep before you derail this conversation into an abortion debate?

I brought it up in the OP Que. Why is it that barbarians don't blink an eye when murdered baby parts are sold, but when an animal is killed they become rabid?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Two separate issues that are not related.

Actually they shouldn't be. Someone who without a permit kills an animal shouldn't be put in the same camp as someone who murders an unborn baby and sells his or her body parts (which in a righteous society would be a capital offense).

But if you would like to see the comments about executing Dr. Palmer for killing an animal, I'll gladly show you them again.

Quetzal

Actually they shouldn't be. Someone who without a permit kills an animal shouldn't be put in the same camp as someone who murders an unborn baby and sells his or her body parts (which in a righteous society would be a capital offense).

But if you would like to see the comments about executing Dr. Palmer for killing an animal, I'll gladly show you them again.
Poaching a lion is not the same as a woman aborting a fetus. I am glad you agree. I never thought I would ever have to create these sentences to be used in an actual discussion. It is hilarious.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Poaching a lion is not the same as a woman aborting a fetus. I never thought I would ever have to create these sentences to be used in an actual discussion. It is hilarious.

You're right: Killing an animal is nowhere near the same as murdering an unborn baby and selling his or her body parts. Isn't it insane that people are talking about executing the former, but just want to defund the organization that promotes the latter?

Lon

Well, Cecil, the peace loving lion would probably have eaten the PETA gentleman on an off day. :chew: That said I find hunting any animal you don't eat, from a distance and with a high powered rifle, to be contemptible.

Now if you do it with a hunting knife I have no problems. If you can drop one that way more power to you.

I was raised summers on a farm near a large pig farm.

Scripture says to treat animals well, but trophy hunting isn't a problem for me. That gets into my motives vs. your motives. Until we all become vegetarians, I don't believe we have room for judgment but I'm not trampling on your free speech. I'm just wondering if I can influence it a little :)

-Lon

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town Heretic
Well, Cecil, the peace loving lion would probably have eaten the PETA gentleman on an off day. That said I find hunting any animal you don't eat, from a distance and with a high powered rifle, to be contemptible.

Now if you do it with a hunting knife I have no problems. If you can drop one that way more power to you.

I was raised summers on a farm near a large pig farm.

Lon, you aren't responsible for the "Aroma of Tacoma" are you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aroma_of_Tacoma

Scripture says to treat animals well, but trophy hunting isn't a problem for me. That gets into my motives vs. your motives. Until we all become vegetarians, I don't believe we have room for judgment but I'm not trampling on your free speech. I'm just wondering if I can influence it a little :)

-Lon

While it's a waste if the meat of a hunted animal isn't consumed, when a permit is bought to hunt said animal I don't believe that consuming it's meat is required.

Cons&Spires

BANNED
Banned
God ordained our eminence over all animals. Therefore, PETA is nothing more than a heretical set of tree hugging idiots- think about this, they are more worried about the animals than the starving people in the East.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Some African officials have supported the death penalty for poachers. (Actually, it's been suggested that poachers be shot on site, with no trial: Tanzania’s Modest Proposal: Shoot Elephant Poachers On The Spot). Besides the issues of extinction and protecting animals, about 1000 African rangers have been killed by poachers in the past decade.

Once there was a death sentence for poachers in England. Even for poaching fish.

I don't support the death penalty.

I hope this American poacher dentist is extradited and gets the maximum prison sentence and maximum fines in Zimbabwe. I hope he's locked up in a jail with a dirt floor and has to use a hole in the ground as a toilet. I hope that in the prison, there are lots and lots of prisoners who were big fans of Cecil the lion. I hope that the people who helped him poach Cecil the lion are also punished to the maximum. I hope it all helps set a new, stricter tone in terms of punishing poachers.

Should abortionists be punished in a similar manner? Pr 8:36