Philo's POTD 5-19-05

Status
Not open for further replies.

philosophizer

Nice truthsmacking there, allsmiles. Impressive! :banana:

allsmiles said:
Joint Effort said:
hehe you got me there - that part was mainly for impact
I've begun to notice that around here, impact really isn't the best strategy.

Hey i dont have a problem with the middle class and im not poor im just saying that alot of the anti-abortion sentiment comes form families who have no idea what some of these mothers have to go through
It comes from people who understand the value of life. The mothers you are refering to, while in unfortunate circumstances, haven't a clue, and if they do they are given the option of wholesale slaughter. Having the option is the problem, if there was no abortion they would have to seek alternatives.

Someone kept her because she was wanted and because her pearnst were willing and able to look after and raise a child. What abot the countless empoverished single mothers who can barely afford to feed them selves let alone take care of a child tha need constant 24hr attention?
I addressed this, crisis pregnancy centers (my father started one years ago in my home town, the 313), adoption, you name it and it can happen.

Call it what you will i wasnt my intention to dehumanise anything.
I'm sure it wasn't your intention, but that's what follows when you advocate discrimination against the unborn. If you were a real liberal you would be touting the rights of the unborn just as strongly as you are espousing their wholesale disposal. You're not a liberal, you're a bleeding heart poseur who hasn't a clue.

Don't bother comparing this to the treatment of the slaves, im not a racist at all and bring issues like that into it obscure things.
Wasn't comaring abortion to the treatment of slaves, I was making a point in regards to dehumanization and how it follows when a certain group is being persecuted. Get it?

Thats harsh... While i believe people have the right to abort i also believe in and respect peoples right to be anti-abortion. At the same time personal attacks are petty.
Of course, the right not to abort is the opposite of the right to abort. Don't try to sound chivalrous by standing up for people who don't have abortions.

It wasn't a personal attack, I think that being a liberal connotates a thin skin.

That was unintentional - it just came across that way
How was I supposed to take it?

I'm not against the consumption of mean for eating it the fact that meat processing plants produce so much excess and when people dont finish their meals its not like throwing away yuor vegies if your havent eaten all your meat and many other people are in the same situation then that is alot of innocent animals killed just to go in the bin..
Once again, this is a seperate issue. Pointing to it is pointing away from abortion and a fairly shallow tactic. I don't blame you for using it, liberals have been doing this for fifty years, it just doesn't work.

I get where your comming from but at the same time every point youve stated is the same old conservative BS that has been comming out of the western world for just as many years
Calling conservative rhetoric BS isn't the same as showing us why it is BS. Once again, pointing to another issue is not the same as defending the one at heart.

I understand that you think i'm evil and should be ashamed of my self...And for all my talk if my partner ever wanted an abortion i'd probably try as hard as i could to talk them out of it. Hypocrit? Maybe...but i still believe in peoples rights to and hope you understand i harbour no hard feelings to those who feel otherwise, I'm just allsmiles!
I understand that you harbor no ill will, but that's not the point.

The point is, millions of humans are murdered each year because our society has fostered and nurtured a state of reliance upon "the easy way out." By making abortion acceptable and "on demand" our government has pandered to the worst character traits in man and made these negative traits favorable and easily accessed. By lowering our standards of behavior they have given single, unwed, mothers-to-be every excuse in the world to be lazy when the government, if they should be involved at all, should be setting a higher standard for us to hold ourselves to.

Yes, it would be easier for an unemployed, single mother-to-be to have her baby aborted, but we're americans, and we're supposed to do things not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

CONTEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.