Pope Continues Heresies About Mary

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
we pray to mary because she asked us to do it
we don't have to
but
it is okay if we do

She asked you to do it where in the scriptures?

Does it bother you that Jesus instructed to pray to the Father in His name, and doesn't mention praying to her?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
She asked you to do it where in the scriptures?

Does it bother you that Jesus instructed to pray to the Father in His name, and doesn't mention praying to her?

you can't find common sense in the bible

you will have to look somewhere else for that

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
you can't find common sense in the bible

you will have to look somewhere else for that

If that is what your church teaches you, then its evident to why you would put stock in apparitions of mary - both your statement there and the apparitions are designed to lead people away from God.

republicanchick

I do respect Mary the mother of Jesus. I am glad she found favour with God. I am glad she was blessed to carry and mother our Lord and Savior. But I also respect her by not worshiping or praying to her. .

What part of Catholics don't worship Mary do you not understand?

it's been said over and over here, and amazingly, by the Catholic Church itself.

But anticatholics continue to spout off about this, knowing the Church doesn't preach we should worship Mary...

just shows how bigoted people can be, not to mention DISHONEST

+​

genuineoriginal

whoa!

how do you explain what happened in mexico?
According to your link, a cult was formed around a legend of a man that never existed.
At least that is what the Catholic clergymen have declared.
_____
Our Lady of Guadalupe
Nevertheless, many Mexican clergymen have historically opposed the devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe. Even recently some Catholic scholars, including the former curator of the basilica, Monsignor Guillermo Schulemburg, have openly doubted the historical existence of Juan Diego. Schulemburg said in an interview that Juan Diego was "a symbol, not a reality", and that his canonization would be the “recognition of a cult. It is not recognition of the physical, real existence of a person.” Father Oscar Sanchez, in charge of Juan Diego's cause, [...] said that Father Schulenberg and two other priests who signed the letter have "zero credibility .... They have no authority."
_____​

genuineoriginal

What part of Catholics don't worship Mary do you not understand?​
What part of "venerate means worship" do you not understand?

venerate
1615-25; < Latin venerātus, past participle of venerārī to solicit the goodwill of (a god), worship, revere, verbal derivative of vener-, stem of venus, presumably in its original sense “desire”; see Venus )​

republicanchick

What part of "venerate means worship" do you not understand?

venerate
1615-25; < Latin venerātus, past participle of venerārī to solicit the goodwill of (a god), worship, revere, verbal derivative of vener-, stem of venus, presumably in its original sense “desire”; see Venus )​

what part of You don't u/stand Catholicism so maybe you should talk about things you understand

do you not u/stand?

:luigi:

oatmeal

who has the authority to declare what is heresy?

isn't that the the pope's job?

Yes, for those who choose to follow RCism rather than believing scripture.

However, for those who choose God's word not man's words, the pope has no authority, nor does any man have authority to determine what is right or wrong or good or evil. God tells us that.

republicanchick

Yes, for those who choose to follow RCism rather than believing scripture.

However, for those who choose God's word not man's words, the pope has no authority, us that.

wow.. really strange... been practicing Catholic for MANY years now... never seen the pope contradict Scripture. I've seen one or 2 priests say something unscriptural, but 1 or 2 in the hierarchy? out of 10s of thousands?

hmm... that's not too bad a record (and consider i have been to many, many different catholic churches, travelled a lot...)

yeh, strange I have never seen this but somehow you, a nonCatholic has... hmmmmm

Curioser and curiouser..

:confused:

genuineoriginal

what part of You don't u/stand Catholicism so maybe you should talk about things you understand

do you not u/stand?

:luigi:

Let's see.
I don't understand why you don't capitalize the first word of a sentence.
I don't understand why you chose to capitalize the word, "You."
I don't understand what "u/stand" is supposed to be, it isn't a word in any dictionary I have searched.
I don't understand why you ended a sentence without a punctuation mark.

I do understand the etymology of the word, "venerate," and think that Catholics stating that they "venerate" Mary are hurting their case when the word originated from the worship of the pagan Roman goddess Venus.