Pope Continues Heresies About Mary

republicanchick

If you are not taught to worship Mary, what's all that worshipping of Mary about?

idolatry-mary_worship.jpg

it's really odd that you think being before a statue praying is the equivalent of worship

I guess you need to define your version of worship

republicanchick

Are you claiming that Peter said it was good to make images and bow before them?

in the Old Testament, GOD himself told the Israelites to make the Ark of the covenant with Gold and brass and other precious materials.

The Catholics are the only Christian religion except for maybe the Orthodox who continue such practices from the Old T days..

Jesus said he did not come to abolish the "law" (or worthy Old T traditions)

republicanchick

Try the Hebrew instead of English or Latin.

Leviticus 26:1
1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.rd.​

well, I guess the Jews and God himself violated this one... See the Old Testament (Kings and Exodus... etc) where the Israelites were instructed by God to make the Ark and the tent around with gold and brass... and statues of cherubim

++​

genuineoriginal

well, I guess the Jews and God himself violated this one... See the Old Testament (Kings and Exodus... etc) where the Israelites were instructed by God to make the Ark and the tent around with gold and brass... and statues of cherubim

++

God commanded Moses to make an earthly tabernacle after the pattern of the tabernacle in heaven that represented the angels surrounding Him when He was sitting on His throne.

God also commanded that nobody was to make images and bow down to those images.

Since the Church of Rome does not have anything resembling the tabernacle in heaven but does have a lot of images that they bow down to, your abuse of God's commandments does not absolve you of the mortal sins you are committing.

Aimiel

Those who die are un-believers and they partake of the second 'death' in the Lake of Fire. Believing that no one ever dies is heresy. Satan's first lie to man was to doubt God's Word that when one eats of the tree of knowledge one would die. Death takes those whom it owns, but those of us who have faith will only pass through the Valley of the Shadow of Death and the shadow of a dog has never bit anyone, so it won't hurt us. Jesus said that those who believe in Him would never die, He didn't say that no one would ever die.

republicanchick

God commanded Moses to make an earthly tabernacle after the pattern of the tabernacle in heaven that represented the angels surrounding Him when He was sitting on His throne.

God also commanded that nobody was to make images and bow down to those images.

Since the Church of Rome does not have anything resembling the tabernacle in heaven but does have a lot of images that they bow down to, your abuse of God's commandments does not absolve you of the mortal sins you are committing.

this is laughable. We don't have anything "resembling the tabernacle in Heaven"????

Jesus Christ's Real and tangible PRESENCE is not comparable??

yeh, laughable.. if it weren't so sad.

++

republicanchick

Those who die are un-believers and they partake of the second 'death' in the Lake of Fire. Believing that no one ever dies is heresy./QUOTE]

didn't read the rest b/c you got the first part of your post WRONG

I never said that no one dies physically. I was referring (and you KNOW it) to the spirit.

get freaking real

:luigi:

Aimiel

it's really odd that you think being before a statue praying is the equivalent of worship

I guess you need to define your version of worship
Praying to someone who is dead (Mary, other saints) bowing down in front of a statue of same or leaving flowers, food or other gifts or even lighting a candle beneath it at least 'seems' like worship. We're commanded:

Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

Why won't you obey Scripture and stop your idol worship, at least for the sake of those who aren't saved who steer clear of Christ simply because they see you bowing to a statue? If you do so, you're hindering those of little faith and Jesus doesn't take that lightly.

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

I take offense, if only because at least one 'little one' has been turned away from Truth due to idolatrous practices of the RCC. It's heresy, plain-and-simple.

Aimiel

no one ever dies. One ends up in Heaven or Hell, but never dies

it is heresy to say otherwise
Actually: we don't know what happens to the dead. According to Scripture, dead is dead. The dead are raised at judgment. They are dead, at least to us. Nowhere in Scripture are we taught to pray to ANYONE except God, The Father.

genuineoriginal

this is laughable. We don't have anything "resembling the tabernacle in Heaven"????
Yep. You don't have anything made after the pattern that God showed Moses.

Hebrews 8:5
5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.​

Jesus Christ's Real and tangible PRESENCE is not comparable??

yeh, laughable.. if it weren't so sad.
Why try to change the subject to talk about crackers?