Pope Francis: 'Christians and Muslims are brothers and sisters'

Quetzal

Pope Francis has told worshippers in a mosque in the Central African Republic that "Christians and Muslims are brothers and sisters".

He was speaking to Muslims who had sought shelter in the capital Bangui after nearly three years of violence between Christians and Muslims.

The mosque visit was seen as perhaps the most difficult part of his Africa tour, a BBC correspondent says Pope Francis then held the final Mass of his Africa trip in Bangui.

He was speaking in Latin, which was then translated into the local Sango language.

The Pope has now left the CAR at the end of his six-day visit to the continent.

More than 100,000 Muslims fled the capital as a result of the fighting but 15,000 are left in an area called PK5, according to the campaign group Human Rights Watch.

Imam Tidiani Moussa Naibi thanked the Pope for his visit and said it was "a symbol which we all understand", the AP news agency reports.
Source

Good on the Pope! Especially when fear is running rampant, I am happy to see a Christian leader taking the high road.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
matthew 7:23
matthew 7:14

is that all you got
it is not good enough
to reject a brother in Christ

Matthew 7:23King James Version (KJV)

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matthew 7:14King James Version (KJV)

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
What the Pope meant is that Christians and Muslims SHOULD be like brothers and sisters . He was deploring the fact that there is so much hatred and strife between the two religions .
And he's absolutely right ! A small number of Muslims are engaging in brutal carnage against Christians , and too many Christians hate Muslims , even the vast majority which is peaceful and means no one any harm .

Quetzal

What the Pope meant is that Christians and Muslims SHOULD be like brothers and sisters . He was deploring the fact that there is so much hatred and strife between the two religions .
And he's absolutely right ! A small number of Muslims are engaging in brutal carnage against Christians , and too many Christians hate Muslims , even the vast majority which is peaceful and means no one any harm .
:up: Well said.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
i am confident that Christ will gather in all of His lost sheep, no matter how scattered they are

and will cast out all the wolves