Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanja

Rom 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it[The Gospel of Christ] is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Now exactly who are these ones believing that the Gospel is the Power of God unto ? Paul tells us in 1 Thess 1:4-5

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but alsoin power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Its the Beloved Election of God that the Gospel comes in the Power and and efficacy and energy of the Holy Ghost resulting in them believing !

Its the same ones he writes to them in another letter that they are again the Beloved, Chosen to Salvation by the Sanctification Power of the Spirit and belief of the Truth, which is the Gospel 2 Thess 2:13-14

Amen Brother !

Believing the Gospel of Christ according to the Power of God Rom. 1:16 is only possible by one who has been given Faith Gal. 5:22 in New Birth: Spiritually regenerated by the Power of God the Holy Spirit: All the Election of Grace.

Eph. 1:19
And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

beloved57

Is limited atonement or particular redemption a necessary doctrine in preaching the Gospel of Christ ? Or can one preach the Gospel without preaching that Christ death was only for some, and that for that some His death for them actually saved them ? The answer is NO ! Its absolutely impossible to preach the Gospel of Christ saying that Christ died for all without exception, to include they which shall surely die in unbelief and in their sins. Paul says this at the core/ heart of the Gospel 1 Cor 15:1-4

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

This is the truth of the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ, in the place and stead of His Sheep, or His Church, or Body ! Nothing about dying for all without exception here in this passage. Writing to believers of the Church of God 1 Cor 1:2

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Hence thats who the Our Sins points to in 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

beloved57

Paul says in 1 Cor 15:3

Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures. What scriptures ? Hes talking about the old testament scriptures like Isa 53:5-12

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

This reference of the death of Christ from OT scripture isnt about Christ dying for the whole world without exception, but for the Sheep Vs 6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Of course Jesus concurs by stating that He came to specific lay down His Life for the Sheep Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

So the our sins in 1 Cor 15:3 are the Sheep,

Nanja

Is limited atonement or particular redemption a necessary doctrine in preaching the Gospel of Christ ? Or can one preach the Gospel without preaching that Christ death was only for some, and that for that some His death for them actually saved them ? The answer is NO ! Its absolutely impossible to preach the Gospel of Christ saying that Christ died for all without exception, to include they which shall surely die in unbelief and in their sins. Paul says this at the core/ heart of the Gospel 1 Cor 15:1-4

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

This is the truth of the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ, in the place and stead of His Sheep, or His Church, or Body ! Nothing about dying for all without exception here in this passage. Writing to believers of the Church of God 1 Cor 1:2

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Hence thats who the Our Sins points to in 1 Cor 15:3

Amen Brother !

Christ's Death was Limited, in behalf of Our sins; that is, His Sheep, or His Church or His Body:

Elect sinners
Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world to have forgiveness of sins Eph. 1:4-7; His People given Him of the Father Mat. 1:21; John 17:2 to give His Life for John 10:11, 15; Eph. 5:25.

And so also His resurrection from the dead Rom. 4:25 was Limited to Our Justification exclusively, that is God's Elect Rom. 8:33.

So therefore, Christ's Redemption was Particular:

Not the whole world of people without exception.

For many are not Christ's People, but children of the devil Mat. 13:38-39.

beloved57

The Gospel as the power of God reveals to those believing, the righteousness of God, observe Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Now exactly what righteousness of God is Paul talking about ?

Its that righteousness of God that has been imputed to everyone Christ had their sins imputed to Him, so was made a sin offering for, in order that they would be made the righteousness of God in Him 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

See everyone Christ was made sin for [meaning He died for their sins] its automatic to the purpose of God, they are made the righteousness of God in Christ. And unto all that its true of, the Gospel of Christ, exclusively reveals unto them that righteousness of God that is theirs by a free gift of imputation, since Christ was made sin for them !

beloved57

Now those Christ died for are those God will not impute sin unto 2 Cor 5:19, because their sins have already been charged to Christ 2 Cor 5:21, for thats legally the only way it can be true that He died for their sins.. Now the non imputation of their sins is also the imputation of Christ's righteousness Rom 4:6-8

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

This solidifies the blessed truth that those whom God will not impute sin unto [because it been imputed to Christ instead] also have righteousness imputed to them without works, which is their Legal Justification before God !

Truster

Rom 1 :16

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

I am going to get straight to the point, and that is, there is simply no gospel being preached without preaching the doctrine of election [election of grace], and the fact that the Gospel begins in God [Rom 1:1] as the Gospel of God, As it proceeds from the Eternal Counsels of God as its root and foundation, for this evident from pauls writings here 2 Tim 1:8-11

8Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

11Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

Also Titus 1:1-2

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; 3But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

This Gospel of God elucidates How that God in Eternity Past, chooses a Special Beloved People, to Be His Portion, His Inheritance, to whom He prized and Valued above all others..

Deut 32:9

9For the LORD's portion is his people; Jacob is the lot of his inheritance.

Deut 7:6

6For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Paul writes on the Saints being Gods Inheritance..Eph 1:18

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, [not the children of the devil]

God having chosen them and gave them to the Son of His Love for their personal safe keeping and preservation..Jn 17:2

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. [the disciples, save judas, represented all them given to Jesus christ]

Now God the Father, decreeing to make manifest this Great Love, He has for His Son, and His chosen in Him and with Him, decree their awful fall in Adam, of which He covenanted with His Son for their redcovery, and redemption, through His blood [ Eph 1:7]..

And in line with this purpose, God also decreed for some of mankind to come into this world, also having a terrible fall in their Father the devil, but in order to Show His High Sovereignty in dispensing His salvation blessings, God purposed not to have mercy on that portion of mankind, Hence, distinctly making Manifest His Special Love for His chosen Inheritance..

Micah 7:18

Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage [inheritance]? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.

This must be preached in the Gospel of Christ, cannot be ashamed of..

The term gospel is neither a translated nor transliterated word. It is in fact heterological and fails to define itself. With no definition there would be no power. Evangelism on the other hand is autological and is the power to save unto all who trust.

Nanja

Now those Christ died for are those God will not impute sin unto 2 Cor 5:19, because their sins have already been charged to Christ 2 Cor 5:21, for thats legally the only way it can be true that He died for their sins.. Now the non imputation of their sins is also the imputation of Christ's righteousness Rom 4:6-8

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

This solidifies the blessed truth that those whom God will not impute sin unto [because it been imputed to Christ instead] also have righteousness imputed to them without works, which is their Legal Justification before God !

Amen to both parts #1246 and #1247.

The Gospel, as the Power of God and the Righteousness of God Rom. 1:16-17, must be revealed to God Given Faith, a fruit of the Spirit in New Birth Gal. 5:22; that is, those already being in an experimentally saved state before their Righteousness in Christ by non-imputation of sin Rom. 4:6-8; 2 Cor. 5:21 is revealed to them; their Legally Justified status before God.

Now those who do the work of believing the Gospel while in a carnal / in the flesh state, it's a fruitless act with regard to salvation, and cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

beloved57

According to 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Who did call by the Apostles Gospel and to what end ?

Nanja

According to 2 Thess 2:13-14

[FONT=&]13 [/FONT]But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
[FONT="] [/FONT][FONT=&]14 [/FONT]Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Who did call by the Apostles Gospel and to what end ?

God the Father calls all His Beloved He has Chosen in Christ Jesus Eph. 1:3-4 by the Apostles Gospel, unto Faith / Belief of the Truth by the Sanctifying Work of God the Holy Spirit in New Birth, which work is ongoing and progressive in each one of them until the day of Jesus Christ:

Phil. 1:6

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

beloved57

God the Father calls all His Beloved He has Chosen in Christ Jesus Eph. 1:3-4 by the Apostles Gospel, unto Faith / Belief of the Truth by the Sanctifying Work of God the Holy Spirit in New Birth, which work is ongoing and progressive in each one of them until the day of Jesus Christ:

Phil. 1:6

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Excellent speech my Sister.

beloved57

nanja

The Gospel, as the Power of God and the Righteousness of God Rom. 1:16-17, must be revealed to God Given Faith, a fruit of the Spirit in New Birth Gal. 5:22; that is, those already being in an experimentally saved state before their Righteousness in Christ by non-imputation of sin Rom. 4:6-8; 2 Cor. 5:21 is revealed to them; their Legally Justified status before God.

Absolutely, that Legal Righteousness/Justification the elect have before God based solely upon Christ's Merits, it must be revealed to the elect one, in order for the promise to come to pass, " The Just shall live by Faith "

Truster

nanja

Absolutely, that Legal Righteousness/Justification the elect have before God based solely upon Christ's Merits, it must be revealed to the elect one, in order for the promise to come to pass, " The Just shall live by Faith "

The word "shall" was not in the original languages as a future tense. It was added by the translators to suit their creeds.

Nanja

nanja

Yes, God's Elect were predestinated to live by Faith !

beloved57

Who hears the Gospel of their Salvation ? Eph 1:12-13

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Those who hear the word of truth so that it births Faith, they have been blessed with ears to hear as when Jesus says to some Matt 13:15-16

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Naturally men cant hear spiritual truth , nor comprehend it. The word heard in Eph 1:13 is the greek word akouó:

I hear, listen,comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported.

The hearing here of Eph 1:13 was coupled with a comprehending spiritually what was being heard, the word of Truth, the Gospel.

To comprehend means to:

• to understand the nature or meaning of; grasp with the mind; perceive: He did not Now this type hearing with understanding spiritually is impossible for the natural man [the natural man without the Spirit of God] 1 Cor 2:14
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Thats word know is another way of saying he cant comprehend, or understand them

So consequently the ones hearing the word of Truth, the Gospel of their Salvation, they cant be natural men !

Nanja

Who hears the Gospel of their Salvation ? Eph 1:12-13

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Those who hear the word of truth so that it births Faith, they have been blessed with ears to hear as when Jesus says to some Matt 13:15-16

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Naturally men cant hear spiritual truth , nor comprehend it. The word heard in Eph 1:13 is the greek word akouó:

I hear, listen,comprehend by hearing; pass: is heard, reported.

The hearing here of Eph 1:13 was coupled with a comprehending spiritually what was being heard, the word of Truth, the Gospel.

To comprehend means to:

• to understand the nature or meaning of; grasp with the mind; perceive: He did not Now this type hearing with understanding spiritually is impossible for the natural man [the natural man without the Spirit of God] 1 Cor 2:14
14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Thats word know is another way of saying he cant comprehend, or understand them

So consequently the ones hearing the word of Truth, the Gospel of their Salvation, they cant be natural men !

Absolutely ! One must be in a Saved state already, Born of the Spirit of God experimentally, to be Spiritually enabled to Hear / comprehend God's Words, the Gospel Eph. 1:13 which is Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13; John 8:43, 47; proof that they are Christ's Sheep He gave His Life for John 10:11, 15-16; Is. 53:6.

Status
Not open for further replies.