Purpose of the Chat Box?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The "Chat Box" was, in times past, a lively, mostly friendly place to exchange fun or interesting comments.
I really enjoyed the positive posts and would like to see a return to those exchanges.
I am so glad you brought this up. I was thinking of doing the same.
Although I don't have access to posting there, I too enjoy the lighter side of the chatbox (the whombox).
It's not chatting if it's spatting.

good to see you :)

bybee

I am so glad you brought this up. I was thinking of doing the same.
Although I don't have access to posting there, I too enjoy the lighter side of the chatbox (the whombox).
It's not chatting if it's spatting.

good to see you :)

Thanks Dearie! The good old "Whombox" was so much fun!:chuckle:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The "Chat Box" was, in times past, a lively, mostly friendly place to exchange fun or interesting comments. Tambora, Inzl and A4T introduced all kinds of delightful emoticons. Many posters had uplifting thoughts to share.
Now, it has degenerated into a verbal club wielding session wherein people attempt to show how bad everyone else's faith walk is.
I really enjoyed the positive posts and would like to see a return to those exchanges.

:thumb:

fool

Hall of Fame
This place has a chat box?
And we can post bananas in it?
One of these days I gotta read that FAQ instead of just mashing keys randomly.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You should allow me to decorate your hat. May I ... pretty please? I'll make it sparkle. :)

Are you going to make me look like clown lady at circus? :chuckle:

At my age, I have to be conservative about what to wear. I should wear simple.

PureX

The chat box used to be fun, now it's used for accusing people.
It was good when it was just a place to say 'hello", or to "chit-chat" with people who we might otherwise debate or disagree with in the threads. It humanized us.

It's sad to see the pettiness that sometimes occurs on the threads spill over into the place where we used to act like humans instead of battling ideologues.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
The "Chat Box" was, in times past, a lively, mostly friendly place to exchange fun or interesting comments. Tambora, Inzl and A4T introduced all kinds of delightful emoticons. Many posters had uplifting thoughts to share.
Now, it has degenerated into a verbal club wielding session wherein people attempt to show how bad everyone else's faith walk is.

instead of starting a thread whining about it, why not just post in the chatbox however you like and ignore the contributions of others whose style annoys you?

glorydaz

I believe it was in the chatbox that you called me trash.

Ya gotta love the hypocrites. They are two faced and speak out of both sides of their mouth. It would be funny if the stakes weren't so high....one never knows whether the next moment may be her last.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You see musterion how you talk?

that's why I put you on ignore and now I released you because you have been hounding about me not answering the question you asked. and now you won't ask me. I have been released you since last night, so I gave you plenty of time to ask me.

Yes, your posts are trash. That's why I put you on ignore. So don't be so coward and sleazy attacking behind my back just because I won't read your trashy talk.

You are back to ignore. Your comments are trash.