ECT Question for the Dispensationists

Cross Reference

How about we move on instead?

How was it not a change of rules?

It just wasn't. In a sense, since there is not much written for us to glean from, but sufficient it is that God left us some drippings to ponder just before he destroyed the civilization with a flood:

1. No written laws

2. Every man was left to do his own thing being guided by fear, and the withering verbal communication of God we can suppose, which only intensified as new generations came on the scene. We see an example of this happening in the USA and the world over to which Jesus said this: "I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?” Luke 18:8 (ESV)

Do a review of it all up to Abraham, even Joseph where the "no new rules" became a singlular matter for our understanding. Not until Israel was God to make it an exclusive issue with a nation/people. However, even then, excluding the ceremonial thing do we witness God putting forth the same rules set in Himself for the same purpose of bringing about the desire of His heart, i.e., to have a people for Himself. Now study Israel to wittness the same problem repeated as was before the flood __ and worse. But still, no new rules.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It just wasn't. In a sense, since there is not much written for us to glean from, but sufficient it is that God left us some drippings to ponder just before he destroyed the civilization with a flood:

1. No written laws

2. Every man was left to do his own thing being guided by fear, and the withering verbal communication of God we can suppose, which only intensified as new generations came on the scene. We see an example of this happening in the USA and the world over to which Jesus said this: "I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?” Luke 18:8 (ESV)

Do a review of it all up to Abraham, even Joseph where the "no new rules" became a singlular matter for our understanding. Not until Israel was God to make it an exclusive issue with a nation/people. However, even then, excluding the ceremonial thing do we witness God putting forth the same rules set in Himself for the same purpose of bringing about the desire of His heart, i.e., to have a people for Himself. Now study Israel to wittness the same problem repeated as was before the flood __ and worse. But still, no new rules.
Your argument is that since there were no written laws then no rules were changed?

There is no reasoning with you; you're an idiot.

So THERE! Take that, Lighthouse!
:chuckle:

Cross Reference

Did you read the definition? Do you know what "dispensation" actually means now?

I stand by mine because I fully believe Paul was referring to the time allowed him to perform what God gave him to give out. That is how he expressed it. Other than that understanding I believe would be a attempt to make it fit another doctrine namely, dispensationalism.

BTW, what is it to be hoped for by believing such a doctrine? What is there to be gained?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I stand by mine because I fully believe Paul was referring to the time allowed him to perform what God gave him to give out. That is how he expressed it. Other than that understanding I believe would be a attempt to make it fit another doctrine namely, dispensationalism.

BTW, what is it to be hoped for by believing such a doctrine? What is there to be gained?
οἰκονομία

1. the management of a household or of household affairs

• specifically, the management, oversight, administration, of other's property
  • the office of a manager or overseer, stewardship
  • administration, dispensation

There is no definition of the word Paul used that indicates that it is a period of time. The only connection between "dispensation" and "period of time" is that a dispensation is in effect for a period time. That's it.

Cross Reference

οἰκονομία

1. the management of a household or of household affairs

• specifically, the management, oversight, administration, of other's property
  • the office of a manager or overseer, stewardship
  • administration, dispensation

There is no definition of the word Paul used that indicates that it is a period of time. The only connection between "dispensation" and "period of time" is that a dispensation is in effect for a period time. That's it.

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of [time] God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" Colossians 1:25 (KJV)

Time is what Paul is speaking of being allowed to him by God . Live with it.

musterion

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of [time] God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" Colossians 1:25 (KJV)

Time is what Paul is speaking up . Live with it.

I don't see that bold word in my Bible. Which translation are you reading that in?

Cross Reference

I don't see that bold word in my Bible. Which translation are you reading that in?

So what? I added it and that is obvious. What's your beef? Isn't the verse without "TIME" added, sufficient for you that you need to whine about it with a hope to discredit and get off the hook of the need to look for something else with which to do so? It ain't going to happen. Live with that.

musterion

So what? I added it and that is obvious. What's your beef? Isn't the verse without "TIME" added, sufficient for you that you need to whine about it with a hope to discredit and get off the hook of the need to look for something else with which to do so? It ain't going to happen. Live with that.

No word equating to time is in the Greek. You just added to the Word of God, and you seem rather proud to have done it.

Cross Reference

No word equating to time is in the Greek. You just added to the Word of God, and you seem rather proud to have done it.

I am also willing to help the mentally challenged. When finished, however, I suspect it will profit you little.

Dispensation is not time but the dispensing of it as in stewardship. . . . . Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

How's that? Now it is your problem.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Time is what Paul is speaking of being allowed to him by God . Live with it.
You're an idiot.

I am also willing to help the mentally challenged. When finished, however, I suspect it will profit you little.

Dispensation is not time but the dispensing of it as in stewardship. . . . . Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

How's that? Now it is your problem.
Moron.