Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OlDove said:
And if they caught the guy, you would not ask for child support? I say sell his hot dog on ebay. Hard to rape without a hot dog.

Why would I ask my rapist for child support and stick the kid with the stigma of having been brought into the world by an act of violence? Looking back, I know that if I had gotten pregnant by my rapist, I wouldn't have been able to raise him/her with the love an innocent child deserves. I would have put the child up for adoption. If the same thing were to happen now, twenty years later, I would be able to seperate the baby from the act of his/her father and love him/her. That takes maturing with time.

The punishment for rape should be the death penalty.

Sozo

OlDove said:
I myself am pro-life - anti-war.
This is why you can't think straight.

You are not "pro-life" if it suits your own self-interest. You are pro-your life.

Your "anti-war" philosophy allows the guilty to go free.

Perhaps if you would redirect your compassion towards the innocent, there might be fewer people out there who rape.

Agape4Robin

ebenz47037 said:
Why would I ask my rapist for child support and stick the kid with the stigma of having been brought into the world by an act of violence? Looking back, I know that if I had gotten pregnant by my rapist, I wouldn't have been able to raise him/her with the love an innocent child deserves. I would have put the child up for adoption. If the same thing were to happen now, twenty years later, I would be able to seperate the baby from the act of his/her father and love him/her. That takes maturing with time.

:thumb: I agree!

erinmarie

A friend of mine was violently raped when we were 15. It was a horrible ordeal, and obviously a painful and scarring situation for my friend.

I went to the hospital with her after it happened, before her parents were alerted to the incident. The Dr. did a rape kit, the counselor came in and spoke with us about the incident and when her parents came in, she and I were interviewed by a police officer. The Doc came back in at one point with an ointment for her stitches, and gave her pills to take. They were a morning after pill, but he didn't say, and my friend didn't think to ask.

Although she was very young, and the rape was violent, every once in awhile my friend will mention the guilt she still feels from taking those pills. Isn't that horrible?
I've known people who have tried to get pregnant and have gone through the most painful procedures and heart breaking miscarriages. What joy a pregnant mother could bring a childless couple, and make a beautiful thing out of a disgusting crime.

OlDove

ebenz47037 said:
There is a difference between intentionally killing an unborn child and a child dying accidentally when a bomb misses its target, OlDove. I feel terrible for those children and their families. But, why add to the death toll intentionally?

3. How does Plan B work?

Plan B works like other birth control pills to prevent pregnancy. Plan B acts primarily by stopping the release of an egg from the ovary (ovulation). It may prevent the union of sperm and egg (fertilization). If fertilization does occur, Plan B may prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the womb (implantation).

If a fertilized egg is implanted prior to taking Plan B, Plan B will not work.

To me, This is NOT an abortion. Because
If a fertilized egg is implanted prior to taking Plan B, Plan B will not work.

OlDove

Sozo said:
This is why you can't think straight.

You are not "pro-life" if it suits your own self-interest. You are pro-your life.
You stop being pro-life, the second someone disagrees with you.Life is only innocent if it 100% agrees with your idea of what the Bible says?

OlDove

ebenz47037 said:
Why would I ask my rapist for child support and stick the kid with the stigma of having been brought into the world by an act of violence? Looking back, I know that if I had gotten pregnant by my rapist, I wouldn't have been able to raise him/her with the love an innocent child deserves. I would have put the child up for adoption. If the same thing were to happen now, twenty years later, I would be able to seperate the baby from the act of his/her father and love him/her. That takes maturing with time..
No disagreement here Nori.
I follow more the thinking that, if you can't control, or play nice with your toy, your "toy" should be taken away from you. If you catch my drift.

OlDove

Mr. 5020 said:
The beautiful girl who is currently my girlfriend was raped in high school. She became pregnant, but was not willing to kill the child for the father's crime.

The sad part is that he beat her and she lost the baby due to miscarriage. He was held in jail for six months for rape (no charges for the murder of the unborn).

Is that justice, OlDove?
No, it is not.Murder charges should have been filed, and his "toy" taken away.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OlDove said:

I follow more the thinking that, if you can't control, or play nice with your toy, your "toy" should be taken away from you. If you catch my drift.

Because my life was basically destroyed when I was raped, I believe that the rapist's life should be destroyed. Of course, they could always give the husband and/or father, brother(s), uncle(s), etc... of the victim an hour to deal with the rapist however they see fit. I think the end result would be death. Of course, with my family death would have come at the end of an hour's worth of beating.

OlDove

ebenz47037 said:
Because my life was basically destroyed when I was raped, I believe that the rapist's life should be destroyed. Of course, they could always give the husband and/or father, brother(s), uncle(s), etc... of the victim an hour to deal with the rapist however they see fit. I think the end result would be death. Of course, with my family death would have come at the end of an hour's worth of beating.
Taking away his "toy" might distroy him. In jail, he may then find how rape is not wanted.

One Eyed Jack

OlDove said:

Ninety percent of sex is in the head, and rapists are just like anybody else when it comes to this. It's not their "toy" that's broken -- it's their mind. It's in everybody's best interest to just destroy such people.

OlDove

One Eyed Jack said:
Ninety percent of sex is in the head, and rapists are just like anybody else when it comes to this. It's not their "toy" that's broken -- it's their mind. It's in everybody's best interest to just destroy such people.
Is that because as a man you would rather have your "toy" or be dead? If you don't have a "toy" to harm anyone with, would a rapist still be dangerous?

OlDove

I had asked Sozo this question, but anyone feel free to answer. When is life innocent that you would protect it? My life doesn't feel very protected right now.

"You stop being pro-life, the second someone disagrees with you. Life is only innocent if it 100% agrees with your idea of what the Bible says?"

kmoney

Hall of Fame
OlDove said:
Is that because as a man you would rather have your "toy" or be dead? If you don't have a "toy" to harm anyone with, would a rapist still be dangerous?
Yes, he may not be able to rape a woman in the way that he did before but he still could be dangerous.

One Eyed Jack

OlDove said:
I had asked Sozo this question, but anyone feel free to answer.

Okay.

When is life innocent that you would protect it? My life doesn't feel very protected right now.

You have as much protection as anybody else who has had the good fortune to have been born.

"You stop being pro-life, the second someone disagrees with you.

I'm not pro-life. I'm anti-abortion.

Life is only innocent if it 100% agrees with your idea of what the Bible says?"

That's just stupid. How can a newborn baby 100% agree with anything I think? All it knows how to do is eat, sleep, cry, and crap.

One Eyed Jack

kmoney said:
Yes, he may not be able to rape a woman in the way that he did before but he still could be dangerous.

Exactly. You remove his "toy," but let him live, and he might decide to get his jollies by cutting little girls to pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.