Reading the bible

jman

I have a question about the bible that I think I'm in the right place for. Read it a couple times but, weeehh, it's a hard read! The question is: Does anyone know what happened to all those gifts Jesus was given by the wise men? I know he probably gave it to the poor or something like that, but does the bible actually say what happened to the gold, incense, and such?

Sent from my SM-G935T using TOL mobile app

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I have a question about the bible that I think I'm in the right place for. Read it a couple times but, weeehh, it's a hard read! The question is: Does anyone know what happened to all those gifts Jesus was given by the wise men? I know he probably gave it to the poor or something like that, but does the bible actually say what happened to the gold, incense, and such?

Yes, the Bible does tell us what happened to them.

They have been preserved forever in the infallible Word of God; never to be removed.

Wise men still seek Christ to give Him gifts that will last forever. Are you one?

Bradley D

Some believe that the Magi's gifts may have helped Joseph and Mary take Jesus to Egypt to escape from King Herod. But scripture does not specifically say how the money/gifts were used.

glorydaz

They have been preserved forever in the infallible Word of God; never to be removed.

Wise men still seek Christ to give Him gifts that will last forever. Are you one?

Now this I gotta hear. :carryon:

jman

So what your saying is the gold incense and mer was symbolism to show how rich, powerful and good smelling God's word was? Thats interesting I never thought maybe it was symbolism. Something to think about.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have a question about the bible that I think I'm in the right place for. Read it a couple times but, weeehh, it's a hard read! The question is: Does anyone know what happened to all those gifts Jesus was given by the wise men?

After reading the Bible, this is your burning question?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What other questions do you have? What do you think is the main purpose of the Holy Bible as we have it? You can even discount the entire "New Testament" if you want.

jman

I mean I guess I'm a wm, I don't think I have anything to offer Christ, but I don't think he really asks for much except the things that really be given only symbolically. And as far as gifts lasting forever? The only gift I can give that lasts forever is to myself, if that pleases Christ.....then I guess it's kinda a win/win. But....were you really asking me that question or are you messing with me? I guess I've been on TOL long enough to believe you were serious, buuut.....you never know.

jman

Kind of a related topic, there's a Christmas sign where I live the says "Wise men still seek Jesus!" I like that sign. You threw me through a loop saying to give him gifts tho. I don't think Jesus wants anything from me I can't give him.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Kind of a related topic, there's a Christmas sign where I live the says "Wise men still seek Jesus!" I like that sign. You threw me through a loop saying to give him gifts tho. I don't think Jesus wants anything from me I can't give him.

You are wrong. He wants to spend eternity with you and He wants you to accept His Love. 2 points here. 1) Eternity will be quite a blow out... He turns water to wine... after all. 2) You will never be able to out Love Him if you start a relationship with Him.

I bet my life on it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Well, they could not afford a lamb....

Lev. 5 KJV
1 And if a soul sin, and hear the voice of swearing, and is a witness, whether he hath seen or known of it; if he do not utter it, then he shall bear his iniquity.

2 Or if a soul touch any unclean thing, whether it be a carcase of an unclean beast, or a carcase of unclean cattle, or the carcase of unclean creeping things, and if it be hidden from him; he also shall be unclean, and guilty.

3 Or if he touch the uncleanness of man, whatsoever uncleanness it be that a man shall be defiled withal, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth of it, then he shall be guilty.

4 Or if a soul swear, pronouncing with his lips to do evil, or to do good, whatsoever it be that a man shall pronounce with an oath, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth of it, then he shall be guilty in one of these.

5 And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing:

6 And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the Lord for his sin which he hath sinned, a female from the flock, a lamb or a kid of the goats, for a sin offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for him concerning his sin.

7 And if he be not able to bring a lamb, then he shall bring for his trespass, which he hath committed, two turtledoves, or two young pigeons, unto the Lord; one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering.

Hence:

Luke 2 KJV

22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;

23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;)

24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.

jman

What other questions do you have? What do you think is the main purpose of the Holy Bible as we have it? You can even discount the entire "New Testament" if you want.
Oh! I re-read your msg, the second question! I like it! Ok, the purpose of the bible......to tell you the truth I think it relates to everyone differently (other than how it relates to church) some take it literally, some think it's an old history book, me? I think it's a book of riddles. An enigma of rules to heaven, god, Jesus, and a good ethical rule book too! I think if you look deeper than the words, a lot of mysteries can be solved.