REPORT: The Death Penalty Debate - By Bob Enyart

Husband&Father

There is a part in this piece Link Removed that deals with practical problems to administering the death penalty. Basically, they are beside the point according to this article.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is a part in this piece Link Removed that deals with practical problems to administering the death penalty. Basically, they are beside the point according to this article.

There can't possibly problems administering it. The only problem is those that bear false witness, like the liberals in law enforcement do. Of course, if America was just, they would not have attempted to stick it to those....fools who hired a stripper. Because that prosecutor and detective would be executed if America was just, and they know it.

Administering it is easy. Cliff notes if you had something else in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
trump committed treason-?

trump committed treason-?

Trump has committed “treason”
Definition: In Article III, Section 3 of the United States Constitution, treason is specifically limited to levying war against the US, or adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. Conviction requires two witnesses or a confession in open court.[2]
Penalty: U.S. Code Title 18: Death,[8] or not less than 5 years' imprisonment and not more than life imprisonment without the possibility of parole (minimum fine of $10,000, if not sentenced to death). Any person convicted of treason against the United States will permanently lose the right to ever hold or run for public office anywhere in any capacity within the United States.[9][10]
Constitutionally, citizens of the United States owe allegiance to at least two sovereigns. One is the United States, and the other is their state. They can therefore potentially commit treason against either, or against both.[4] At least fourteen people have been charged with treason against various states; at least six were convicted, five of whom were executed. Only one person has ever been executed for treason against the federal government: William Bruce Mumford, who was convicted of treason and hanged in 1862 for tearing down a United States flag during the American Civil War.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason_laws_in_the_United_States

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Trump has committed “treason”
Definition: In Article III, Section 3 of the United States Constitution, treason is specifically limited to levying war against the US, or adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. Conviction requires two witnesses or a confession in open court.[2]
Penalty: U.S. Code Title 18: Death,[8] or not less than 5 years' imprisonment and not more than life imprisonment without the possibility of parole (minimum fine of $10,000, if not sentenced to death). Any person convicted of treason against the United States will permanently lose the right to ever hold or run for public office anywhere in any capacity within the United States.[9][10]
Constitutionally, citizens of the United States owe allegiance to at least two sovereigns. One is the United States, and the other is their state. They can therefore potentially commit treason against either, or against both.[4] At least fourteen people have been charged with treason against various states; at least six were convicted, five of whom were executed. Only one person has ever been executed for treason against the federal government: William Bruce Mumford, who was convicted of treason and hanged in 1862 for tearing down a United States flag during the American Civil War.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason_laws_in_the_United_States

lovefree

The death penalty has nothing to do with prevent crime,and can’t change the facts that have already happened,and can’t even punish people,of course they need money to survive,but they lose the most valuable thing freedom.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No one have rights to determine other people ‘s life,only evil country has death penalty
The death penalty has nothing to do with prevent crime,and can’t change the facts that have already happened,and can’t even punish people,of course they need money to survive,but they lose the most valuable thing freedom.
Only evil countries?

Doesn't deter crime?

Wrong.

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same.For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. - Romans 13:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans13:1-5&version=NKJV

Now the man who acts presumptuously and will not heed the priest who stands to minister there before the Lord your God, or the judge, that man shall die. So you shall put away the evil from Israel.And all the people shall hear and fear, and no longer act presumptuously. - Deuteronomy 17:12-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy17:12-13&version=NKJV
So all Israel shall hear and fear, and not again do such wickedness as this among you. - Deuteronomy 13:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy13:11&version=NKJV

“You shall not murder.“You shall not commit adultery.“You shall not steal.“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. - Exodus 20:13-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus20:13-16&version=NKJV
“He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death. - Exodus 21:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus21:12&version=NKJV
“He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death.“If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman’s husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life,eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. - Exodus 21:12,22-25 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus21:12,22-25&version=NKJV (talking about the life of the baby, not the mother in this passage)

Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. - Ecclesiastes 8:11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes8:11&version=NKJV

A prison sentence cannot be executed speedily.
The death penalty does deter crime.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I enjoy watching "true crime" television shows. That is, so long as they don't get too grusome. I'm fascinated by the investigative process. I'm amazed at how easy it is to tell when someone is lying and how people act when they've done something they know is wrong and how incredibly stupid some people are.

The reason I bring up "true crime" television shows is because they're almost always about murders and if you want to see just how unjust our legal system is, just watch few episodes of "Homicide Hunter" or "The First 48". It's absolutely stunning the percentage of times that murderers get sentenced to just a few years in prison and even the ones that are sentenced to long terms don't typically serve the whole sentence or anything near it.

In fact, the average time served in the US for murder and non-negligent homicide is 71 months (cite - pdf), which represents 48% of their sentence.

71 months is 48% of 12.3 years.

So, the average sentence is a little more than twelve years, but on average, they serve less than half of that.

So the average murderer is out and free to murder again in about six years which is less time than it would take their victim's family to barely start to heal from the loss of their loved one, if they ever heal at all. And, not only is the murderer free but he's had six years of higher criminal education on how not to break every law in the book while lowering your chances of getting caught or having to spend much time paying for the crime when/if you do get caught.

All the while, according to the Vera Institute of Justice, incarceration costs an average of more than $31,000 per inmate, per year, nationwide and in some states, it’s as much as $60,000.

It's the studiest and most expensive legal justice system in existence.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I enjoy watching "true crime" television shows. That is, so long as they don't get too grusome. I'm fascinated by the investigative process. I'm amazed at how easy it is to tell when someone is lying and how people act when they've done something they know is wrong and how incredibly stupid some people are.
I've been addicted to these shows for years. I find it interesting that you can usually tell if a person is actually the murderer by just listening to the 911 call. So many times the one calling who is guilty, wants to add information that he/she thinks will help them seem innocent by stressing a supposed alibi. "Help, my wife fell and hit her head. I was at the gym doing a really great workout on one of their new treadmills. I went to McDonald's afterward and got the combo #3 because it has less fat than some of their other combos. I came home and found her lying on the floor!" And not that one can't be hysterical but I would think you would want to keep as calm as possible on the phone, not screeching and crying at the top of your lungs so loud that the operator can't make out what you're saying. And always screaming stuff at the possible deceased such as, "Oh David. What happened? What did you do? Why did this have to happen!"

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I've been addicted to these shows for years. I find it interesting that you can usually tell if a person is actually the murderer by just listening to the 911 call. So many times the one calling who is guilty, wants to add information that he/she thinks will help them seem innocent by stressing a supposed alibi. "Help, my wife fell and hit her head. I was at the gym doing a really great workout on one of their new treadmills. I went to McDonald's afterward and got the combo #3 because it has less fat than some of their other combos. I came home and found her lying on the floor!" And not that one can't be hysterical but I would think you would want to keep as calm as possible on the phone, not screeching and crying at the top of your lungs so loud that the operator can't make out what you're saying. And always screaming stuff at the possible deceased such as, "Oh David. What happened? What did you do? Why did this have to happen!"

Ever notice how often both the murderer and their victim are drunk?

If you don't want to be a murderer...

1. Don't get drunk.
2. Stay away from drunk people.
3. Don't have sex with anyone you're not married to.

If you don't want to get murdered...

1. Don't get drunk.

That's gotta cover 3/4 of all the murders that happen!

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I watched a Dateline yesterday where the jury was out for a long time and finally sent a request to the judge asking, "Please define 'beyond a reasonable doubt' again.''

(Just a system)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I watched a Dateline yesterday where the jury was out for a long time and finally sent a request to the judge asking, "Please define 'beyond a reasonable doubt' again.''

(Just a system)

Talk about jury-rigged... :chuckle:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ever notice how often both the murderer and their victim are drunk?

If you don't want to be a murderer...

1. Don't get drunk.

If you don't want to get murdered...

1. Don't get drunk.

That's gotta cover 3/4 of all the murders that happen!

:think:

www.kgov.com/criminal-code

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

Totally agree. Most adults lie like 5-year-olds.