Republicanhick for president

Caledvwlch

so?

Jesus didn't say, when faced with His impending ordeal:

"This is too difficult.."

Thank you, Jesus...

___

True, but Jesus wasn't president, either. Presidents have to try to pass a constitutional amendment if they want to change the structure of the Supreme Court.

Anyway, I thought your tax plan was pretty good.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

well, I guess it's not exactly being "yoked with" to respond to this (?)

However, I doubt I will get an intelligent response... so yoked or not.. hmmmm

sigh

anyway, yeh, the big thing is that there are only NINE justices...

and they are getting OUT OF CONTROL... Therefore, it would seem that we would need MORE justices.. and some of them should be lay persons (not laywers...). OK, maybe non- lawyers shouldn't be given an actual vote... In fact, definitely they shouldn't .. but they should be able to BE THERE... for input, etc...

Sometimes the lay people are more ... enamored of OUr Constitution than

lawyers

+++

There is no requirement to be a lawyer or even have any legal training to serve as a supreme court justice. Look at the history of who was on the supreme court.

republicanchick

True, but Jesus wasn't president, either. Presidents have to try to pass a constitutional amendment if they want to change the structure of the Supreme Court.

Anyway, I thought your tax plan was pretty good.

well, we should nt shy away from changing the Sup Ct through the amendment process... and we should overturn Roe V Wade that way as well...

thanks 4 appreciating my tax plan..

it taxes the rich a little more (%age wise) but not much...

=

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

most are lawyers

++
The president nominates them. While there is no constitutional requirement to do so, the president sends his nominations to congress to be approved. Thus, everybody sitting on the court was selected by a president and approved by congress. In short, most of what you want to do to change the court is already in place.

republicanchick

Nothing like a little class warfare. Mrs Bill Clinton would be proud.

In the Catholic Church, re: tithing, poor people are not asked to pay the same % as the wealthy

that is wise. Some poor people barely have enough to cover rent and food

maybe the greedy landlords need to lower rent..

++

republicanchick

The president nominates them. While there is no constitutional requirement to do so, the president sends his nominations to congress to be approved. Thus, everybody sitting on the court was selected by a president and approved by congress. In short, most of what you want to do to change the court is already in place.

just another untruth from the one who hates truth

out o'here

+++

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[F]or those too lazy to go to that site, here is an excerpt:

On August 11, 2015, during CNN’s New Day program Donald Trump publicly denied the Personhood of the unborn by confessing he believes in exceptions for rape, incest and the (now proven moot issue) life of the mother. “I am for the exceptions. You have the three exceptions. I'm for the exceptions.”...
He
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
cherishes women (Ex 20:14)--:banana: too bad he doesn't "cherish" women in the in the womb (Pr 8:36).