Robb Elementary School shooting

marke

Yep, sensible stuff. The wingnuts who think it should still be okay for anyone to waltz into a gun store at 18 and buy automatic weapons don't care. They all be like "Waah, infringement of our second amendment rights!"
How ironic that the smartest people in their own estimation turn out to be idiots when it comes to dealing with issues of right and wrong. Americans by the millions have enjoyed the right to own guns for centuries. It was not until Marxists started trying to turn America into a 3rd world communist nation that we have been besieged by moronic ideas of giving our harmless guns up to people who despise America and the Constitution.

There are an estimated 400 million guns in America today. Lefties are insisting that we give those 400 million guns up (or, more specifically, that we begin to give those guns up one stinking law at a time until gun ownership becomes illegal or impossible.) Determined crooks will always have guns. Heaping up laws against gun ownership will not stop the crooks from concealing their weapons that they will never give up. Suing gun manufacturers will not stop crooks from getting guns on the black market, especially through open democrat borders.

Only 146 handguns, 60 rifles, and 30 shotguns have been used in mass shootings in the US from 1982 to 2022. Ignorant lefties are seeking to eliminate 400 million guns in America because .000059% of them have been used in mass shootings. That is stupid. You don't penalize 300 million Americans because fewer than 200 of them have committed mass murder with guns.

marke

As anna said:

Better gun control. Red flag laws, waiting periods, background checks, age limits, model and modification limit.

That sound emotional to you? Not to me it doesn't, it sounds logical and sensible.
Sadly, red flag laws have not been working either as clearly demonstrated in dozens of cases of mass shootings.

Mass shootings: why do authorities keep missing the warning signs?​

Law enforcement experts say the FBI, local officials and the White House need a new approach to spotting and stopping would-be attackers – and information-sharing is key
A crossing guard hugs a student as he walks to Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school for the first day of school since the shooting.

A crossing guard hugs a student as he walks to Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school for the first day of school since the shooting. Photograph: USA Today Network/Sipa USA/Rex/Shutterstock

Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles
Tue 6 Mar 2018 06.00 EST

While almost all the public passion in the wake of the school shooting in Parkland, Florida, has centered on guns and the proliferation of military-style assault weapons, experts and policy analysts in law enforcement have been haunted by a different but equally troubling question: why do we keep making the same mistakes?
The missed warnings were particularly egregious in the case of Nikolas Cruz, the disaffected former student who returned to Parkland’s Marjorie Stoneman Douglas high school on Valentine’s Day and gunned down 17 students and teachers. The local sheriff’s office was first warned two years ago that Cruz was thinking of shooting up the school, and the FBI twice received specific warnings that it failed to follow up or pass on.

Such failures, however, are hardly unique to the Parkland case.
Omar Mateen, who killed 49 people and wounded 58 others at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando in June 2016, had previously been the subject of a 10-month FBI terrorism investigation.
Esteban Santiago, who killed five people and wounded eight at the Fort Lauderdale airport in January 2017, had walked into an FBI office in Alaska with a loaded handgun magazine two months earlier and reported having “terroristic thoughts”.
Devin Kelley, who killed 26 people at a church outside San Antonio, Texas, last November, had been kicked out of the air force following a conviction and prison sentence for domestic violence, but the air force forgot to notify the National Criminal Information Center so he would be prevented from buying firearms in future.

marke

Everyone should have a background check before being able to purchase a firearm and what's wrong with an age limit and waiting periods etc? Heck, people have to be 21 before they can drink in America right, yet they can buy an assault rifle at leisure when 18 with no fuss? Bonkers. With Matt McConaughey all the way with his recent and there's no partisan politics with the guy. Just common sense.
We already have background checks, age limits and waiting periods. None of those stopped Adam Lanza or several other mass murderers. Lanza had a history of mental illness which officials later admitted they di not adequately treat him for. Grieving relatives of the victims should have sued the state for not properly recognizing his dangerous mental condition and not properly monitoring him due to the many danger signs. He did not buy a gun, he stole one. Background checks would have been useless in that case.

What is really despicable is that relatives sued the gun manufacturer as if the gun maker had anything to do with the crime. Lanza had a history of mental illness which officials later admitted they did not adequately treat him for. Grieving relatives of the victims should have sued the state for not properly recognizing his dangerous mental condition, nor properly treating him, and not properly monitoring him due to the many danger signs he exhibited. But we live in an upside world where the innocent seem to get blamed for the sins of the guilty and bad 'fixes' are always promoted over good ones.

Arthur Brain

Now you're just flat out making me laugh.

Stopping a teenager from buying a hunting rifle is going to stop a responsible 40 something year old father and husband from taking a medication known to cause psychotic reactions in some people and having that psychotic reaction and trying to kill himself. That was loop the loop, then around the big wheel and back again and then on to some unhinged and irrelevant roller coaster.

I don't know how you did it but you nailed it. :ROFLMAO: As psychotic as Soros himself.
🤪

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
You mean semi-automatic...I had one when I was 9. 😐
I had an old gun of my dad's, probably a Remington 1912 pump action 22. Haven't even thought about it for decades.
You're dealing with a European who at half a century of age has probably never held a real gun, let alone fired even one round through one.

In my life, rough order magnitude, I haven't fired 100,000 rounds, but I bet it's 10,000, because I know for certain it's way more than a thousand; and I'm not a veteran. It was all civilian.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Denying millions of teenagers the right to own guns will not stop one in ten million of them from getting a gun and shooting people.
A gun, a car, a can of gasoline and a match.

The problem isn't the tool used by the evil person, the problem is the evil person

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
You're dealing with a European who at half a century of age has probably never held a real gun, let alone fired even one round through one.

In my life, rough order magnitude, I haven't fired 100,000 rounds, but I bet it's 10,000, because I know for certain it's way more than a thousand; and I'm not a veteran. It was all civilian.
:rolleyes: By the time I joined the Air Force I had probably already fired more rounds than most Military and L.E. do in their entire career.

Mostly .22LR & shotgun shells but if we're talking about an overall shots-fired number I guess they count too. ;)

Gary K

Banned
A gun, a car, a can of gasoline and a match.

The problem isn't the tool used by the evil person, the problem is the evil person
LOL. You're another one of those crazed conspiracy theorists. You don't understand that all weapons are self directing. They go where they choose, select their own victims, and then kill them all on their own. They are not inanimate objects. They live, breathe, and have their own lives.

Gary K

Banned
:rolleyes: By the time I joined the Air Force I had probably already fired more rounds than most Military and L.E. do in their entire career.

Mostly .22LR & shotgun shells but if we're talking about an overall shots-fired number I guess they count too. ;)
And just how many rocks, targets, insects, etc... did you inadvertently kill? You must be a mass murderer by now.

Right Divider

Body part
Teenagers shouldn't be allowed to purchase any sort of automatic weapon, semi automatics included.
Unless they join the military. Then they are given automatic weapons and trained to kill.
If you've got the pedantic out the way then how about addressing that?
Your simplistic solutions are not useful.

Raise the age to purchase guns, but also raise the minimum age for military service.

It's already pretty stupid that 18 year olds can fight our wars but not buy a beer.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It's best to be accurate when discussing FACTS.
Most leftists' familiarity with firearms ends with Hollywood. That's why you have legislation like that passed by my State's legislature, literally in the middle of the night, after the Newton massacre, that targeted lethal aspects of an "assault rifle" such as color (black is bad), bayonet lugs, pistol grip, forward grip, flash suppressor, threaded barrel end, etc.