Robb Elementary School shooting

Arthur Brain

Unless they join the military. Then they are given automatic weapons and trained to kill.

Your simplistic solutions are not useful.

Raise the age to purchase guns, but also raise the minimum age for military service.

It's already pretty stupid that 18 year olds can fight our wars but not buy a beer.
With your latter I agree. If someone's old enough to put their life on the line in war then they're old enough to have a beer.

Last edited:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Teenagers shouldn't be allowed to purchase any sort of automatic weapon, semi automatics included. If you've got the pedantic out the way then how about addressing that?
:unsure: Just for future reference...When exactly does it go from "pedantic" to "It's obvious AB doesn't know what the hell he's talking about."?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Most leftists' familiarity with firearms ends with Hollywood. That's why you have legislation like that passed by my State's legislature, literally in the middle of the night, after the Newton massacre, that targeted lethal aspects of an "assault rifle" such as color (black is bad), bayonet lugs, pistol grip, forward grip, flash suppressor, threaded barrel end, etc.
Tut tut...Mere pedantics. :sneaky:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Lever Action Rifle vs Semi Auto AR-15 Range Review & Speed Test​

Jump ahead to 4:30

As expected the modern semi-auto is faster than the 100-year-old cowboy gun. But not by much.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
:rolleyes: By the time I joined the Air Force I had probably already fired more rounds than most Military and L.E. do in their entire career.

Mostly .22LR & shotgun shells but if we're talking about an overall shots-fired number I guess they count too. ;)
They're real guns. They count. Especially as compared to the shooting experience of most other earthlings. Most of mine were .45ACP and NATO 7.62. And I'll take the rifle over the pistol in a heartbeat.

Idolater

LOL. You're another one of those crazed conspiracy theorists. You don't understand that all weapons are self directing. They go where they choose, select their own victims, and then kill them all on their own. They are not inanimate objects. They live, breathe, and have their own lives.
Mine are evidently broken. Not a single murder from each of them. Probably need to look into getting a refund.

Idolater

And then there is the 12 gauge pump shotgun, which can deliver lethality even more quickly and effectively
A 12ga 00 buck shell is like 12 .357 magnum rounds coming at you all at once. Although I prefer 000. I never worked out the math on those ones.

And of course the 1oz. rifled slugs? Knock you over, pack a whallop.

marke

Go back to those unfunny memes Tom. A teenager shouldn't have access to any form of automatic weapon as evidenced with this latest massacre.
Even lefties should recognize the need to properly train kids to shoot weapons in defense of others if such a need arises.

12-year-old fatally shoots armed intruder who threatened boy’s mom

Idolater

When did a semi-automatic become a sort of automatic?
tbf some of the first automatics were semiautomatic, and that did place them in a new category. Before the automatic pistol (Browning's 1911 being the archetype for Americans) you had revolvers; the automatics were cycled with recovered energy from the last round fired. And Browning's design was very clever, safe, and still stands the test of time. People buy brand new 1911s like they're going out of style all the time. Nice big handgun. (Although again; give me a rifle and recognize my right to tote it around any day, over any pistol.)

It was trivial to turn this mechanism into what's more accurately called 'full auto' or basically a machine gun.

marke

Automatic rifles were among the $7 billion of "weapons of war" that Joe the Rapist gifted to our enemies in Afghanistan
There is something seriously wrong with Americans who take guns away from good Americans and give them to murderous thugs.