Roman Catholic

Saxon Hammer

Because of the Pope's speech on TED Talks http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?124825-The-Pope-at-a-T-E-D-talk

Roman - Is obviously in reference to the location of the Vatican but does it mean more than that?

Does it mean that the religion is tied to ancient Rome of Constantine?

The word ‘Catholic’ comes from the Greek phrase καθολου (kath’holou ), meaning ‘concerning the whole’. The word ‘Catholic’ can also be understood in English to mean ‘universal’.

It was a surprise to me that Catholic translated to these English phrases.

Another surprise is/was that Roman Catholic is separate from Christianity HOWEVER is generally viewed as part of Christianity?

Can any one help with my learning please?

Truster

The term is Filthy Roman Catholic. FRC. Rome is where the filth began having been brought forth from the pit to propagate lies in the spirit of anti-Messiah.

Epoisses

The term is Filthy Roman Catholic. FRC. Rome is where the filth began having been brought forth from the pit to propagate lies in the spirit of anti-Messiah.

God has sheep in the Catholic church who live up to all they know and are closer to the kingdom than Reformed anti-christians who spew their hate and Christ rejection all over this forum.

Truster

God has sheep in the Catholic church who live up to all they know and are closer to the kingdom than Reformed anti-christians who spew their hate and Christ rejection all over this forum.

I might have guessed you'd be one. Your stinking language had to come from somewhere.

Saxon Hammer

Your hate hurts others and you keep right on hating. Just stop the hate, just stop the hate!

Truster sits on an EGG until released by death I am sure.

It makes for a very sore bottom but that is the cross Truster has chosen.

All broody hens cluck loudly and aggressively they should be left alone until their egg has hatched.

Truster will be release from the burden by the all forgiving God.

Saxon Hammer

No information only 'rhetoric' AGAIN

No information only 'rhetoric' AGAIN

No information only 'rhetoric' AGAIN.

These are serious questions I ask of Christians in a Religion only forum.

The only thing I have learnt in this thread that I did not know is that Truster PARTICULARLY dislikes Roman Catholics. BUT even then that was no surprise at all.

Epoisses

I have no problem with Roman Catholics because they are not arrogant like Clavinist imposters.

Pride is the unpardonable sin.

jsanford108

I was a devout Baptist. Now I am a devout Catholic. I have studied extensively on multiple faiths am theologies. If you have questions, I am open for discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

glorydaz

Because of the Pope's speech on TED Talks http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?124825-The-Pope-at-a-T-E-D-talk

Roman - Is obviously in reference to the location of the Vatican but does it mean more than that?

Does it mean that the religion is tied to ancient Rome of Constantine?

The word ‘Catholic’ comes from the Greek phrase καθολου (kath’holou ), meaning ‘concerning the whole’. The word ‘Catholic’ can also be understood in English to mean ‘universal’.

It was a surprise to me that Catholic translated to these English phrases.

Another surprise is/was that Roman Catholic is separate from Christianity HOWEVER is generally viewed as part of Christianity?

Can any one help with my learning please?

The Pope has gone humanistic and one world religion....exactly as was prophesied in the Bible.

glorydaz

No information only 'rhetoric' AGAIN.

These are serious questions I ask of Christians in a Religion only forum.

The only thing I have learnt in this thread that I did not know is that Truster PARTICULARLY dislikes Roman Catholics. BUT even then that was no surprise at all.

So what is your question?

Saxon Hammer

So what is your question?

Please look at the first post of this thread.

Can you help me with learn about 'Roman Catholic' belief systems.

Why did/do they consider themselves separate from other Christians when they ALSO follow Jesus?

How much effect does 'Roman' have on the religion and is it ancient 'Roman' as in part of the way the 'Roman Empire' thought?