Rookie???

IMJerusha

nobody likes me everybody hates me i think i'll go eat some worms

Are they still serving those at Micky D's?

I don't know. I've already been called a heretic and a newager and I've only been here three days. After a week I'll prolly be burned at the stake, or force fed birthday cake, or something terrible like that.

:DK:

Yeah, I saw that over in one of the threads. Awesome, dude! Can I have some cake?

These smileys are cool. They are much better than the ones on all of the Christian Forums that I'm banned from.

:chuckle: This is most certainly true! Welcome Timotheos, banned one from other Christian Forums!! :wave:

Timotheos

BillyBob?

No, but I just brought my Avatar over from the other Christian Forum.
I'd rather not say who I am, and start fresh over here. But, anyone from over there can recognize my motorcycle and my so-called "Unorthodox Theology".

If anyone has a dollarbill let me know. Not that I have no use for dollars, Bill.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No, but I just brought my Avatar over from the other Christian Forum.
I'd rather not say who I am, and start fresh over here. But, anyone from over there can recognize my motorcycle and my so-called "Unorthodox Theology".

If anyone has a dollarbill let me know. Not that I have no use for dollars, Bill.

If you were at that other place over about 4 years ago, do you remember me?

Timotheos

So how do you guys deal with playground bullies? I'm 48 and I haven't had to deal with this for the past 40 years. Then I joined TOL...

jeremysdemo

I ignore them for 1 year,

if they improve (repent) I read them again.

they have each years time to get their act together and receive the privilege of me reading their post. :)

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So how do you guys deal with playground bullies? I'm 48 and I haven't had to deal with this for the past 40 years. Then I joined TOL...

Don't complain too much unless you want to be told to find another sandbox. :)

Seriously though, it depends on the situation. Some things aren't worthy of response and you ignore them and the poster.
Some are, and you say what needs to be said. Pick your battles.
Keep things in context; don't let what someone says on an internet forum have any power over you.
Don't let anyone take good from you. If that happens, take a break and walk away for a bit.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There's a rumor going around that there will be a special section created for AARP qualifying members. No sudden or rude noises will be permitted. The topics will mostly be: pant hiking, keeping kids out of your yard, bundling (lunch and dinner), the pros and cons of mobility, that sort of thing. So hang around a couple of years and you'll have that to look forward to.

Also the minimum font size in the section will be 18.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

TOL is a special kind of playground, a playground that you can enter or leave at will.

and "bullies"? :freak:

What weight does a bully carry if he can't touch you?

Timotheos

There's a rumor going around that there will be a special section created for AARP qualifying members. No sudden or rude noises will be permitted. The topics will mostly be: pant hiking, keeping kids out of your yard, bundling (lunch and dinner), the pros and cons of mobility, that sort of thing. So hang around a couple of years and you'll have that to look forward to.

Also the minimum font size in the section will be 18.

That sounds heavenly

Timotheos

TOL is a special kind of playground, a playground that you can enter or leave at will.

and "bullies"? :freak:

None, it's just difficult for the adults to carry on a conversation with these children around.

Quincy

I ignore them :chuckle: . It's easy, Timotheos. You just look at the person's screen name, realize they are not worth reading or are worth it, and move on. Soon you will know who is worth debating and who isn't. I myself see me as a conversationalist more than a debater. I'm certainly no master at debating.

Last edited:

IMJerusha

True, but I was talking about how best to deal with negative things said to us, not what we say to others.

I understand Anna. My comment was more for the dishers than for the
receivers. You're not a disher. Not to say that you're not tough when you need to be.......uh....okay....I'll go soak my head now! :eek:

IMJerusha

Depends on where you're at in life, Brother. Even forum bullies can hurt, hence my comment to Anna a bit earlier here. This faith and we the representatives of it should be a witness. Oh, I know, I'm taking this all too seriously but I can't help but wonder, where are we if we let ourselves get so hardened that the words don't reach our hearts? Will God's words still get through? KWIM?