Rules on creating a thread for the purpose of slander.

glorydaz

So, neg reps are bullying and unacceptable, but these kinds of slanderous rants and false accusations are fine. Is that correct?

(I have deliberately removed all mention of rep since the rep topic seems to be forbidden. )

Slanderous statements like those below, though, need to be addressed. Are certain posters protected, but not others?

PatrickJane said:
It's great to be back, although I thoroughly enjoyed my vacation from the monsters of TOL. I'll start by affirming my standing in the BOC since GD stooped to the lowest level of a christian by claiming I'm not saved. I am saved by the Blood of Christ, I am a Trinity believe, I am sealed by that Holy Spirit of Promise.

I have been bombarded with invective and pretense, attempts to prejudice the validity and degree of my faith by GD in her relentless penchant for running pell mell on TOL. She has some sort of vehement vengeful streak. She also said that I said I was stoned out of my mind. I never said those words.

Just Imagine that, a lady sitting somewhere on her old laptop making false statements about your faith and accusing you of not being a Christian. It can happen, it did to me. I should also say that GD is the main and only real culprit, the other 3 or 4 feel compelled to back GD, meaning, even though they don't necessarily want to join GD in making false claims (which they didn't do - only GLORYDAZ DID), they back her up with several posts here and there.

The fact is I probably did less than 50% of the provoking and disrupting as them all combined, especially GD.

The campaign quickly escalated to public insult, name-calling, FALSE ACCUSATIONS, provoking me, de-railing mine and other's threads, harassment, stalking and following me around TOL to further provoke, in addition to frivolous reports of insignificant basis.

this thread/post is not for sympathy. With the volume and veracity of the false accusations leveled against me, I am compelled to respond.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
So, neg reps are bullying and unacceptable, but these kinds of slanderous rants and false accusations are fine. Is that correct?

(I have deliberately removed all mention of rep since the rep topic seems to be forbidden. )

Slanderous statements like those below, though, need to be addressed. Are certain posters protected, but not others?
Why is the topic forbidden?

I see no reason for censoring the topic. People’s comments are very diverse, revealing and educational for me on TOL.

Anyone’s participation in a public forum contributes to the pool of meaning. The more diverse opinions, the more we will be all better off.

I always think of the Nazis’ fear of diversity which led to their burning books at public rallies. How threatened and scared they must have been! I would not like to live with that.

Who makes the choice to censor a topic?
And what is the usual result of doing that?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

It's true. All of it. I simply narrated the situation. You love these call out threads so much, when they get closed you start another !! :confused:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

TOL can do whatever it wants to.

I think you are wonderful!
And I love having you here!

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's true. All of it. I simply narrated the situation. You love these call out threads so much, when they get closed you start another !! :confused:

Hypocrite, you made the very thread shes referencing so people would feel sorry for you. You whined how you weren't coming back, (more crying game for sympathy) you didn't even leave for a day.

Youve made several baby whining call out threads. :baby: Why not start acting like a man instead of a boy?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
For some unspoken reason, there are certain threads that do not allow me to partictipate.

I want to apologize in advance that I am not able to dialogue with others when they comment on my thinking and beliefs.

I am just frustrated and sorry that I cannot give people the feedback we all deserve!

Danoh

TOL can do whatever it wants to.

I think you are wonderful!
And I love having you here!

In the immortal words of Smokey Robinson "I second that emotion!"

Please, you two, let this go - in the spirit of Ephesians 4's:

30. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

How? By seeing this problem for the opportunity it can be for both of you - to not believe the fleshly mind's "payback" outlook.

To instead focus on the opportunity to obey a verse in Christ's memory - this one:

31. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32. And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

How? Verse 32 - by focusing on what God did, that He now asserts we are each to do towards one another, and can - in - this - grace - wherein - we stand, justified and at peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, Rm. 5:1.

He did what we at times find ourselves unable to do "scarcely for a righteous man" let alone, in our own strength - He forgave us when we least deserved it.

When we least met His standard of "this, this, and that and I'll be happy with you."

He forgave us for Christ's sake.

Our feelings say we can not do likewise when offended.

His grace says otherwise regarding our feelings.

So much so, that if this post offends, one or both of you, I ask your forgiveness in Him.

So much so, that should you not render yours towards me for butting my nose in this, then I forgive your not forgiving me.

2 Corinthians 2:

10. To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;

Why? Because there is a spiritual war going on, thus; the Lord's plea that you turn to Him in His grace towards one another.

11. Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

glorydaz

I've never started a one before. :jawdrop:

Good grief, do you have no boundaries at all? This is a perfect example of your deceitfulness. You actually think if you say it, it will be believed.

Deception is certainly your strong suit, and it's working for you, too, that's the sad part.

glorydaz

Please, you two, let this go - in the spirit of Ephesians 4's:

It never grieves the Spirit when we're engaged in a spiritual battle. You engage in them, STP engages in them, Steko engages in them. We all engage in them BECAUSE not everyone on this site who claims to be a believer is one. Many appear as angels of light....poor little innocents. I have just as much right as anyone else does to judge (discern) those who are LIARS posing as saints. I will not have that right taken away because not all see what I have seen.

No, I'm not grieving the Spirit by standing up to expose PJ. I'm doing exactly what I've been called to do.

Danoh

For some unspoken reason, there are certain threads that do not allow me to partictipate.

I want to apologize in advance that I am not able to dialogue with others when they comment on my thinking and beliefs.

I am just frustrated and sorry that I cannot give people the feedback we all deserve!

Thing is, Aiki, that your basic, overall understandings are not the standard held by the majority with Fundamentalism.

As a result, you can expect much heat for that.

Yours appears much more along the line of something approaching an S.G.F. Brandon, though at times I wonder if it is closer to that of the German or English deists of, what, some two or three hundred years ago, or so.

In this, you're pretty much alone in your understanding, with the exception of say, Interplanner; who appears not only well read in such things as well, but to agree with to some extent - the "history first, then theology" that Bultmann kind of ended up "freeing" some to pursue.

In this, while I do not agree with the large part of your posts, I do appreciate their educational value.

But that is nowhere near the same as accepting them, let alone; endorsing them.

You'll have to suffer what you bring on yourself on TOL, a Fundamentalist forum. The best to you in this.

journey

I think that I have some good advice for those having problems with PJ: put him on your ignore list and forget him. It would appear that PJ is going downhill and he wants to bring as many with him as possible. He'll have a hard time keeping the trouble going if nobody is responding to his nonsense. Don't let PJ win his downhill game - let him go downhill all by himself and don't allow him to manipulate you. Don't read or respond to his posts, and don't report him for anything. Let the mods handle his meltdown.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
slan·der
ˈslandər/
noun
Law
noun: slander

the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

people worry waaaaaaaay too much about reputation around here

whiny babies said:
:baby: waaaaah!!!! somebody said something mean about me!!!

perhaps those who are distressed about distressing posts should examine their own maturity level :think: