Salvation by the Law or by Faith?

Ben Masada

Two religious people went on a driving to prove the difference between driving by faith and driving by sight. The one driving by faith was a born-again Christian while the other was a Jew who was driving by sight. The thing to prove was II Cor. 5:7.

Somewhere along the trip they had to cross an intercession and there was a slight reminding of a camera on a post not too well visible. The one driving by sight was worried about the red light and the one driving by faith saw no problem for two reasons: First, there was no traffic at that time of the night in the intercession and he crossed the red light.

Soon enough, the born-again Christian was mailed an intimation to appear in Court. He didn't worry about it for he trusted his alibi as he was driving by faith and not by sight. How many here think the Judge let him go scot free based on his alibi? All might think again because, the born-again Christian had to pay a heavy penalty.

The bottom line is that faith without the Law is no different from a body without the breath of life. Dead if you all know what I mean. The evidence is in James 2:26.

Zeke

Two religious people went on a driving to prove the difference between driving by faith and driving by sight. The one driving by faith was a born-again Christian while the other was a Jew who was driving by sight. The thing to prove was II Cor. 5:7.

Somewhere along the trip they had to cross an intercession and there was a slight reminding of a camera on a post not too well visible. The one driving by sight was worried about the red light and the one driving by faith saw no problem for two reasons: First, there was no traffic at that time of the night in the intercession and he crossed the red light.

Soon enough, the born-again Christian was mailed an intimation to appear in Court. He didn't worry about it for he trusted his alibi as he was driving by faith and not by sight. How many here think the Judge let him go scot free based on his alibi? All might think again because, the born-again Christian had to pay a heavy penalty.

The bottom line is that faith without the Law is no different from a body without the breath of life. Dead if you all know what I mean. The evidence is in James 2:26.

Walking in the spirit doesn't mean one doesn't have the ability to still see with the physical eyes, that sight is temporal which is Paul's point Moses.

Jamie Gigliotti

Faith is unseen in only that we don't see God with our eyes, but we trust In Him, we believe in His existence and His word and His promises, and His power we trust him with all of our hope for life here and the afterlife, we turn to him, we surrender to Him. Christians have trust that Jesus was all that He said he was and that rose from the grave and is seated in heaven at the right hand of the Father until He returns. The Holy Spirit's loving presence through Christ's reconciling sacrifice confirms our decision was the correct one.

If you hold to God's existence you have faith, you don't see him either, you just don't have trust and faith in Christ.

Ben Masada

Walking in the spirit doesn't mean one doesn't have the ability to still see with the physical eyes, that sight is temporal which is Paul's point Moses.

Paul did not say "walking in the spirit" but "walking by faith." You are not focusing on the text. Of course, that's a contemporary condition till one shows receptivity to the light of understanding. (II Cor. 5:7)

Ben Masada

Faith is unseen in only that we don't see God with our eyes, but we trust In Him, we believe in His existence and His word and His promises, and His power we trust him with all of our hope for life here and the afterlife, we turn to him, we surrender to Him. Christians have trust that Jesus was all that He said he was and that rose from the grave and is seated in heaven at the right hand of the Father until He returns. The Holy Spirit's loving presence through Christ's reconciling sacrifice confirms our decision was the correct one.

If you hold to God's existence you have faith, you don't see him either, you just don't have trust and faith in Christ.

That's when you are totally mistaken. I don't believe in the existence of God by faith but by Logic and Physics. If you don't believe what I am saying, you are invited to study the matter further. To believe in God by faith, holds no water with atheists.

No one can see God and live. (Numb. 12:6)

Jamie Gigliotti

That's when you are totally mistaken. I don't believe in the existence of God by faith but by Logic and Physics. If you don't believe what I am saying, you are invited to study the matter further. To believe in God by faith, holds no water with atheists.

No one can see God and live. (Numb. 12:6)
To point is you don't pysically see God with your eyes, nor did you physically see God give Moses the law... Yours is by faith as well.

Ben Masada

To point is you don't pysically see God with your eyes, nor did you physically see God give Moses the law... Yours is by faith as well.

I don't need to see God to believe in Him with understanding and not by faith. There are two classes of people in the world; those who believe in God by understanding and those who leave the understanding with Paul. These are those who believe in God by faith. (II Cor. 5:7)

Ben Masada

I understand God through his word and that is why I cannot be justified by the law. I guess thats faith

The Word of HaShem does not reveal His existence by way of Logic and Physics. I know it is hard to get there but, baruch HaShem, the revelation came to me to understand the Lord's existence through Logic and Physics which has resulted to be the best method to discuss with atheists.

You have arrived to the conclusion that you cannot be justified by the Law! Truth to be told, if your faith is not backed up by the works of the Law, it is akin to a body without the breath of life. Dead if you know what I mean. (James 2:26) What justifies a man of his sins is obedience to the Law. (James 2:21)

Bradley D

First God would not have me run a red light. That is wrong. Also a Christian loves God and Neighbor. If one loves they will want to obey God's Word because of love. I believe James was arguing against those who felt that faith/believing was enough and were lacking in love. It is like sitting on the couch watching secular TV waiting for the second coming.

Jamie Gigliotti

I don't need to see God to believe in Him with understanding and not by faith. There are two classes of people in the world; those who believe in God by understanding and those who leave the understanding with Paul. These are those who believe in God by faith. (II Cor. 5:7)
You mince words and talk in circles. You deny the New Testament and use it for you objectives... We know who distorts the truth.

heir

TOL Subscriber
We are in the "but now" where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested. Do you have the righteousness of God upon you?

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Ben Masada

1 - First God would not have me run a red light.
2 - That is wrong.
3 - Also a Christian loves God and Neighbor.
4 - If one loves they will want to obey God's Word because of love. 5 - I believe James was arguing against those who felt that faith/believing was enough and were lacking in love. It is like sitting on the couch watching secular TV waiting for the second coming.

1 - God has nothing to do with your running a red light or not. You are a human being and not an irrational animal. The Lord has granted you with freewill. So, don't blame the Lord for crossing a red line.

2 - That's right, that's wrong. Hence, you have only yourself to blame for it and not the Lord.

3 - I know as they have proved by murdering millions of Jews throughout History by means of pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and last but not least, the Holocaust.

4 - So, what happened for number 3 above?

5 - They will watch TV forever. If you don't believe me, check with Isaiah 26;14; II Samuel 12:23; and Job 10:21.

Ben Masada

You mince words and talk in circles. You deny the New Testament and use it for you objectives... We know who distorts the truth.

What is the Truth, do you happen to know? If you don't, let Jesus help you. He said that the Truth is the Word of God. (John 17:17) And, according to the Psalmist, the Word of God is the One given to the Jews only and to no other people on earth. That's in Psalm 147:19,20. Now, tell me who distorts the Truth?

Ben Masada

1 - We are in the "but now" where the righteousness of God without the law is manifested. Do you have the righteousness of God upon you?

2 -Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

3 - Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

4 - Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

5 - Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

1 - Have you read the post just above this? The answer is in there. The righteousness of God cannot be without the Law. (Isa. 8:20)

2 - There are only three classifications as the Law is concerned. a) Above the Law; b) Under the Law; and c) Outlaws. Above the Law, only God is. Under the Law are al law abiding citizens. It means that those who are not under the Law, the name is Outlaws aka criminals. Now, it is much easier to know who are the guilty ones before God.

3 - This is rather a blessing to know from the Law that we have committed a sin. That knowledge is what we need to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow.

4 - The righteousness of God is not revealed without the Law. (Isa. 8:20)

5 - Any kind of faith without the Law is like a body without the breath of life. It means death. (James 2:26)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Moses had the law, how did that work out for the folks?
Samson had the Law, Eli, Saul etc etc. law did nothing to produce righteousness.

Wick Stick

I don't believe in the existence of God by faith but by Logic and Physics.
You use the word faith differently than the New Testament epistles. There, the word indicates that you believe someone because they have a track record of credibility.

So, to recast your example, put a trusted friend in the car with the blindfolded man, who has to give him directions the whole way. That's going by faith. Sounds like they might run over a fire hydrant or some kittens.

On the other hand, if the Bible is to believed, the other option isn't sight. It's darkness. (e.g. Ephesians 5:8)

In fairness, your usage is consistent with that of the unwashed masses and televangelists. I guess that's something.

Jarrod

Interplanner

Is someone suggesting that faith be dead? But if we are talking about justification from our sins, it is a very simple, open/shut case. Christ's work for us has no comparison. No human can do that. That is the only sense in which the apostles did not validate the law or contrasted it with faith. Faith is a sort of 'trick' word in the sense that its value depends entirely upon its object.

Bradley D

1 - God has nothing to do with your running a red light or not. You are a human being and not an irrational animal. The Lord has granted you with freewill. So, don't blame the Lord for crossing a red line.

I know I have freewill. I also know that God would not want me to run a red light. Therefore, I would decide not to run the red light knowing God would not like it. Also I do not think it is a wise thing to do.

Ben Masada

Moses had the law, how did that work out for the folks?
Samson had the Law, Eli, Saul etc etc. law did nothing to produce righteousness.

According to Jesus himself, the Law saves you from falling into hell-fire. (Luke 16:31)

According to Prophet Isaiah 1:18.19, to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, one must repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. Never mind those who did not know how to use the Law for its own good.