Salvation by the Law or by Faith?

Jamie Gigliotti

I have said here more than several times. Not all the NT is wasted. 20% of it is worthy learning something from and about Jesus. Now, the other 80% is composed of anti-Jewish interpolations to promote the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. What I use from the NT to enhance my views is from the 20% the Fathers of the Church missed to erase before closing the Canon.

That works out to be very convenient for you, seems to be an epidemic of that on here.

Just as you saying your understanding is sight but mine is not.

Robert Pate

Banned

Two religious people went on a driving to prove the difference between driving by faith and driving by sight. The one driving by faith was a born-again Christian while the other was a Jew who was driving by sight. The thing to prove was II Cor. 5:7.

Somewhere along the trip they had to cross an intercession and there was a slight reminding of a camera on a post not too well visible. The one driving by sight was worried about the red light and the one driving by faith saw no problem for two reasons: First, there was no traffic at that time of the night in the intercession and he crossed the red light.

Soon enough, the born-again Christian was mailed an intimation to appear in Court. He didn't worry about it for he trusted his alibi as he was driving by faith and not by sight. How many here think the Judge let him go scot free based on his alibi? All might think again because, the born-again Christian had to pay a heavy penalty.

The bottom line is that faith without the Law is no different from a body without the breath of life. Dead if you all know what I mean. The evidence is in James 2:26.

Paul said that those who are under the law are under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

Ben Masada

Paul said that those who are under the law are under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

What curse was Jesus under when he implied that to escape hell-fire one must listen to "Moses" aka the Law? (Luke 16:31) What curse was Paul under when he said that he served the Law of God in his mind and the law of sin in his flesh? (Rom. 7:25)

RBBI

What curse was Jesus under when he implied that to escape hell-fire one must listen to "Moses" aka the Law? (Luke 16:31) What curse was Paul under when he said that he served the Law of God in his mind and the law of sin in his flesh? (Rom. 7:25)

Clarify something for me. Are you saying that Paul believed in the law, but broke it? Is that what you think he meant by the last part about his flesh?