Same-sex marriage, one year later

Jose Fly

It's been one year since the SCOTUS ruling allowing same-sex couples to get legally married. Immediately after that ruling, Christian leaders, politicians, and pastors across the country assured everyone that all sorts of legal consequences were about to befall good innocent Christians. The Bible was going to be categorized as "hate speech", pastors who preached against homosexuality were going to be jailed, and pastors who refused to marry same-sex couples in their churches were going to be jailed.

Yet here we are one year out and I can't find any examples of any of those things occurring. Were all those predictions like the "Obama FEMA camps" things in that they were just delusional paranoia? Has it just not been long enough yet? Or is there another explanation? :think:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It's been one year since the SCOTUS ruling allowing same-sex couples to get legally married. Immediately after that ruling, Christian leaders, politicians, and pastors across the country assured everyone that all sorts of legal consequences were about to befall good innocent Christians. The Bible was going to be categorized as "hate speech", pastors who preached against homosexuality were going to be jailed, and pastors who refused to marry same-sex couples in their churches were going to be jailed.

Yet here we are one year out and I can't find any examples of any of those things occurring. Were all those predictions like the "Obama FEMA camps" things in that they were just delusional paranoia? Has it just not been long enough yet? Or is there another explanation? :think:

A year isn't a long time. You sound like those Brits who think they're fine because tyranny hasn't landed on them in he mere 19 years they disarmed their society.

It's a progressive thing, you see. It's in the name- you call yourselves 'progressives'. You just don't really know what you are progressing :rolleyes:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So you're saying all those things will happen....eventually?

Yes.

According to Revelation, Babylon will continue on until the Idolatress assumes control- kind of like how feminism and LGBT are affecting the 1st World, you see. It's all a collaboration of events- a diseased society will find itself building a diseased temple, calling themselves righteous but only the Devil is there.

And then,
this

second-coming-3a.jpg

The truth is that it's already begun. Isaac Newton deduced that the Apocalypse would occur around 2060, from the 800 years since the reign of Charlemagne in 1260.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Yet here we are one year out and I can't find any examples of any of those things occurring...

When you walk around with rainbow colored blinders on, it's difficult to see and think clearly Mr. Fly.

Here, maybe you can find an example or two in this link entitled:

300 Examples You Have to Read to Understand the Term ‘Homofascism’
http://barbwire.com/2014/07/07/300-examples-read-understand-meant-term-homofascism/#

Feral Phoenician

Let me start off by saying I'm not a Christian (I'm Jewish), and that the LGBT community has never wronged me personally.

Christians in this country, while still maintaining the majority, are ridiculed fairly routinely, and if they dare defend their faith or position, are labeled "bigots", when it's simply not that simple. Christians still have the right to find homosexuality a sin, it doesn't make them a bigot or a "caveman", it really just means they're practicing their religion.

The government hasn't outright called the Bible "hate speech", their mouthpieces do that instead. I've even seen calls to have raising children in the Christian faith declared "child abuse". How ridiculous.

Christians do often feel that their faith is under attack, and they are largely correct. They also rightly point out the double standard that it's "OK" to openly mock Christianity, even "cool" to do so, when other religions are "given a pass". Geez, it was even a faux pas to criticize Islam after the massacre in Orlando (everything but Islam was at fault, apparently). Heck, I've had people "walk on eggshells" when they learn I'm Jewish. You don't have too, trust me, Judaism has it's share of wacky stuff, too.

No, one is going to come snatch Bibles from the hands of pastors are throw Christians into "FEMA camps", but it's not hard to see why they (Christians) feel under attack, and have legitimate fears and concerns. While a goodly chunk is paranoia and fear mongering, another goodly chunk isn't. Guess we'll see where the future takes us, huh?

Just an outsider's view.

Jose Fly

Jose Fly

Christians in this country, while still maintaining the majority, are ridiculed fairly routinely, and if they dare defend their faith or position, are labeled "bigots", when it's simply not that simple.

Are they called bigots merely for defending Christianity in general, or is it for more specific things?

Christians still have the right to find homosexuality a sin, it doesn't make them a bigot or a "caveman", it really just means they're practicing their religion.

Do you believe there's a difference between Christians believing homosexuality is a sin and thereby not being gay, versus going around telling non-Christians (who never asked) that it's a sin?

The government hasn't outright called the Bible "hate speech", their mouthpieces do that instead. I've even seen calls to have raising children in the Christian faith declared "child abuse". How ridiculous.

Specific examples?

Christians do often feel that their faith is under attack, and they are largely correct.

How so?

They also rightly point out the double standard that it's "OK" to openly mock Christianity, even "cool" to do so, when other religions are "given a pass". Geez, it was even a faux pas to criticize Islam after the massacre in Orlando (everything but Islam was at fault, apparently).

I have to wonder just how much you've been paying attention. Regarding Islam, there are "draw Mohammed days", public Koran burnings, the Republican Party candidate for President calling for Muslims to be banned, Republican politicians saying it's not a real religion, prominent Christian leaders referring to Mohammed as a pedophile, and so on.

Heck, I've had people "walk on eggshells" when they learn I'm Jewish. You don't have too, trust me, Judaism has it's share of wacky stuff, too.

Does that mean there's therefore no antisemitism? If not, I'm not sure I understand your point.

No, one is going to come snatch Bibles from the hands of pastors are throw Christians into "FEMA camps",

According to many Christian leaders in the US and many Christians here at ToL, those sorts of things are imminent.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I looked through them and didn't see any that fulfill the predictions in the OP. How about you pick one you think fits?

Like I said: Your rainbow colored blinders makes it difficult for you to see and think clearly.

So florists, bakers, innkeepers and the owners of wedding chapels who refuse to cater to or perform sodomite weddings and are fined, threatened with jail time and run out of business aren't good examples?

This is one of my favorites: a 14 year old girl receives death and rape threats from filthy disease ridden degenerates because she stood up for God's institution of marriage.

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/girl-14-gets-death-threats-for-defending-marriage/

Don't cha just love LGBTQueer "tolerance" Mr. Fly?

(1 down, 299 more examples to go).

Feral Phoenician

Are they called bigots merely for defending Christianity in general, or is it for more specific things?

Do you believe there's a difference between Christians believing homosexuality is a sin and thereby not being gay, versus going around telling non-Christians (who never asked) that it's a sin?

Specific examples?

How so?

I have to wonder just how much you've been paying attention. Regarding Islam, there are "draw Mohammed days", public Koran burnings, the Republican Party candidate for President calling for Muslims to be banned, Republican politicians saying it's not a real religion, prominent Christian leaders referring to Mohammed as a pedophile, and so on.

Does that mean there's therefore no antisemitism? If not, I'm not sure I understand your point.

According to many Christian leaders in the US and many Christians here at ToL, those sorts of things are imminent.

They get called "Bigots" for saying that Gays will go to hell, that transgendered folks have a mental illness, for believing homosexuality to be a choice, things like that. I personally don't subscribe to such beliefs, but Christians aren't "Bigots" for believing such things.

Yes, Christians tell people things like that (and more), including all the time, because they're supposed to. Christianity is a proselytizing faith at it's very core, so is Islam, while Judaism is not (we actually have a set of laws known as B'nai Noach/Noahide Laws for gentiles). If a Christian isn't telling me about his or her faith, I actually wonder why not.

As to specific examples, hive me some time and I'll provide links. While waiting, take a little trip to an online slum known as "Tumblr" if you want to see it first hand.

Oh no, there's plenty of criticism of Islam, and rightfully so. Those same critics are lambasted for it, called "crazy", you name it. Islam is *not* a peaceful religion. I'm not going to get too into my past (I don't anyone here that well), but I speak from experience. As to Muhammad, yeah, he was a paedophile, and that shouldn't be up for debate.

Oh, there's real anti-Semitism, sure. I've known it first hand. However, criticizing Israel is not anti-Semitism, gentiles taking offense at the entire concept of Shabbos Goyim is not anti-Semitism, calling circumcisions infant genital mutilation is not anti-Semitism, etc. Gentiles have the right to question Judaism, and people in general have the right to criticize Israel or deny the Holocaust.

Nah, that one I don't see. If it was going to happen, it would have likely already happened, and it would precious little to do with the LGBT community.

David

Specific examples?

How so?

Jose Fly

So florists, bakers, innkeepers and the owners of wedding chapels who refuse to cater to or perform sodomite weddings and are fined, threatened with jail time and run out of business aren't good examples?

No, because they're not being fined for being Christian or for reading from the Bible.

This is one of my favorites: a 14 year old girl receives death and rape threats from filthy disease ridden degenerates because she stood up for God's institution of marriage.

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com/2012/02/24/girl-14-gets-death-threats-for-defending-marriage/

I agree that's terrible, but it doesn't fit the predictions in the OP. If Christian leaders had merely said "Christians who speak out against homosexuality will get death threats and nasty messages on social media", the rest of would have replied "Welcome to the club".

Now, where are those examples of the Bible being legally categorized as hate speech, Christian pastors being jailed for preaching against homosexuality, and Christian pastors being jailed for refusing to marry same-sex couples in their churches?

Jose Fly

They get called "Bigots" for saying that Gays will go to hell, that transgendered folks have a mental illness, for believing homosexuality to be a choice, things like that. I personally don't subscribe to such beliefs, but Christians aren't "Bigots" for believing such things.

Do you see what you did there? You started off saying Christians get called bigots for what they say, but concluded by saying they should be called bigots for what they believe.

But let me ask you...do you think Christians who are in the Christian Identity movement are bigots? How about those in the KKK?

Yes, Christians tell people things like that (and more), including all the time, because they're supposed to. Christianity is a proselytizing faith at it's very core, so is Islam, while Judaism is not (we actually have a set of laws known as B'nai Noach/Noahide Laws for gentiles). If a Christian isn't telling me about his or her faith, I actually wonder why not.

In all my years growing up in a Christian environment I heard quite a lot about the "great commission" and Christians' duty to share the Gospel. But I don't recall any such commission to go around pointing out everyone's sins.

As to specific examples, hive me some time and I'll provide links. While waiting, take a little trip to an online slum known as "Tumblr" if you want to see it first hand.

Government officials and their "mouthpieces" are doing that on Tumblr?

Oh no, there's plenty of criticism of Islam, and rightfully so. Those same critics are lambasted for it, called "crazy", you name it. Islam is *not* a peaceful religion. I'm not going to get too into my past (I don't anyone here that well), but I speak from experience. As to Muhammad, yeah, he was a paedophile, and that shouldn't be up for debate.

So which religion is immune from criticism as you claimed?

Oh, there's real anti-Semitism, sure. I've known it first hand. However, criticizing Israel is not anti-Semitism, gentiles taking offense at the entire concept of Shabbos Goyim is not anti-Semitism, calling circumcisions infant genital mutilation is not anti-Semitism, etc. Gentiles have the right to question Judaism, and people in general have the right to criticize Israel or deny the Holocaust.

I guess I still don't understand your point.

Nah, that one I don't see.

Agreed.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
prominent Christian leaders referring to Mohammed as a pedophile, and so on.

It is incontrovertible that Mohammad had sexual relations with Aisha when she was six years old. According to Muslim scholars, however, he did not penetrate her. Being the prophet of Allah, he had control of himself where other men did not, but had to consummate to legitimize the marriage.

Whatever one makes of it is whatever, really- I don't care to much for the subject. It was the 6th century, things were very different back then.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

No, because they're not being fined for being Christian or for reading from the Bible.

Congratulations, you've just been awarded a rainbow colored tiara with the title "Queen of Denial". (They were following the teachings of Christ as written in the Bible).

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.c...ding-marriage/

I agree that's terrible

I envision rainbow colored tears flowing down your cheeks...

but it doesn't fit the predictions in the OP...

I see, so unless followers of Christ are imprisoned in FEMA camps, all is hunky dory in Christendom?

There is one thing that I give you secular humanists credit for knowing and knowing well:

Next to the Bible we Christians love our guns. ;)

If Christian leaders had merely said "Christians who speak out against homosexuality will get death threats and nasty messages on social media", the rest of would have replied "Welcome to the club".

Have you received death threats and nasty messages for being a proud and unrepentant homosexual Mr. Fly?

I can only assume that you have because of the above: "..the rest of [us] would have replied "Welcome to the club".

You do realize that most of the hate and violence comes from inside the LGBTQueer so-called "community" don't you Mr. Fly? Take for instance the mass murder of 49 homosexuals in a homosexual nightclub in Orlando FL. You are aware that the murderer was a homosexual aren't you Mr. Fly? (He was angry because one of participants in a "threesome" was HIV positive).

Now, where are those examples of the Bible being legally categorized as hate speech, Christian pastors being jailed for preaching against homosexuality, and Christian pastors being jailed for refusing to marry same-sex couples in their churches?

I can think of one: A sodomite mayor in Houston:

Lesbian mayor subpoenas sermon notes and communications from Houston pastors

"...The mayor is demanding that sermon notes, emails, videos, and any negative comments about homosexuality or the mayor herself, be turned over to her. If the pastors refuse, the mayor has threatened to charge them with contempt of court and possible fines or jail time."
https://www.afa.net/action-alerts/l...otes-and-communications-from-houston-pastors/

Don't cha just love LGBTQueer "tolerance" Mr. Fly?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Not all Christians proselytize, in fact a big chunk of them don't. As a cradle-now-non-practicing Catholic, I can tell you that's not how Catholics in general approach the faith, or how the faith is taught to them. Having said that, I value our religious freedom, but it's one thing to believe something is wrong, to live their life that way and raise their children that way. But they don't have the right to impose their beliefs on people who don't share them.
On that last one: sure, people have the right to deny the Holocaust but that doesn't make them right. And it's often a red flag that they have other bigotries.

Jose Fly

Congratulations, you've just been awarded a rainbow colored tiara with the title "Queen of Denial". (They were following the teachings of Christ as written in the Bible).

If I, a Muslim, a Hindu, or anyone else discriminated against gays in a public business I would also be fined....because the law does not single out Christians or Christianity. The predictions made by Christian leaders were that Christians and Christianity would be singled out. Understand?

I see, so unless followers of Christ are imprisoned in FEMA camps, all is hunky dory in Christendom?

Try and keep up. This is about the predictions made by Christian leaders after the SCOTUS ruling.

Have you received death threats and nasty messages for being a proud and unrepentant homosexual Mr. Fly?

I can only assume that you have because of the above: "..the rest of [us] would have replied "Welcome to the club".

Then you're an even bigger idiot than I thought.

I can think of one: A sodomite mayor in Houston:

Lesbian mayor subpoenas sermon notes and communications from Houston pastors

"...The mayor is demanding that sermon notes, emails, videos, and any negative comments about homosexuality or the mayor herself, be turned over to her. If the pastors refuse, the mayor has threatened to charge them with contempt of court and possible fines or jail time."
https://www.afa.net/action-alerts/l...otes-and-communications-from-houston-pastors/

First, that was dropped and never went anywhere. Second, how is that a fulfillment of the predictions in the OP?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Next to the Bible we Christians love our guns.

I don't know why you all act so proud of 'loving guns'.

Essentially, it's saying you 'love death'- David didn't love his sword, you see.

'Pro gun' doesn't mean having an obsession with a tool of death. In fact, that kind of hurts the pro gun lobby.

CherubRam

You are a babbling idiot. The churches changed their policy where they only marry people of their congregation, because they were getting sued. Some of the pastors did end up in jail. You are nothing but a troll.