Same-sex marriage, one year later

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know why you all act so proud of 'loving guns'.

Essentially, it's saying you 'love death'- David didn't love his sword, you see.

'Pro gun' doesn't mean having an obsession with a tool of death. In fact, that kind of hurts the pro gun lobby.

Throughout history, when used in the right hands, the gun has been the tool of life (but then I wouldn't expect a pro homosexual, pro drug legalization, pro prostitution legalization secular humanist like yourself to understand that).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Congratulations, you've just been awarded a rainbow colored tiara with the title "Queen of Denial". (They were following the teachings of Christ as written in the Bible).

If I, a Muslim, a Hindu, or anyone else discriminated against gays in a public business I would also be fined....because the law does not single out Christians or Christianity. The predictions made by Christian leaders were that Christians and Christianity would be singled out. Understand?

I'll understand better when you show me cases where Muslim business owners were fined, threatened with jail and lost their business because they told a couple of homosexuals that catering to their immoral lifestyle goes against his or her Muslim faith.

You and I both know why the LGBTQ crowd doesn't pick on Muslim businesses (besides the threat of being beheaded). It's that mutual HATRED of Christianity that the LGBTQueer movement and Islam have. You're both brothers from another mother.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
I see, so unless followers of Christ are imprisoned in FEMA camps, all is hunky dory in Christendom?

Try and keep up. This is about the predictions made by Christian leaders after the SCOTUS ruling.

I know of the "leaders " of the LGBTQueer movement, most who were pederasts or pedophiles, but am not familiar with so called Christian leaders in America who talked about FEMA camps. Could you name them?

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarriorHave you received death threats and nasty messages for being a proud and unrepentant homosexual Mr. Fly?

I can only assume that you have because of the above: "..the rest of [us] would have replied "Welcome to the club".

Then you're an even bigger idiot than I thought.

(So much for 'gay pride'). I'm relieved that you're not a sodomite Mr. Fly, as I just couldn't respect you like I do if you were.

Quote: Originally posted by aCulutreWarriorI can think of one: A sodomite mayor in Houston:

Lesbian mayor subpoenas sermon notes and communications from Houston pastors

"...The mayor is demanding that sermon notes, emails, videos, and any negative comments about homosexuality or the mayor herself, be turned over to her. If the pastors refuse, the mayor has threatened to charge them with contempt of court and possible fines or jail time."
https://www.afa.net/action-alerts/le...uston-pastors/

First, that was dropped and never went anywhere.

Gotta love the 1st Amendment.

Second, how is that a fulfillment of the predictions in the OP?

Once you establish that these people who made these predictions represent the vast majority of US Christians, then we'll talk.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Throughout history, when used in the right hands, the gun has been the tool of life

Poetry used to justify a never ending circle of death.

(but then I wouldn't expect a pro homosexual, pro drug legalization, pro prostitution legalization secular humanist like yourself to understand that).

- I am not pro homosexual
- I am not a secular humanist
- I am not pro prostitution
- I am not pro drug legalization

About wraps that up :rolleyes:

Feral Phoenician

So that was a convoluted train wreck. I tried to "quote" people and instead quoted quotes that were quoting other quotes...is there a FAQ here that helps noobsauce like me navigate this system?

Anyway, I'll try it this way.

Jose Fly - Read what I said again. I said Christians aren't Bigots for holding their beliefs. As to the KKK and CI, even I know your standard rank and file Christian considers them heretics and/or apostates. Also, aren't most KKK members also CI? I'm totally unsure.

My point about about anti-Semitism ties in with your question about which Religion can't be questioned. The answer tends to sadly be Judaism. Questing the "sketchy" parts of our faith can earn someone the faux moniker of "anti-Semite". Take for instance the practice of Metzitzah b'peh.

I dunno, maybe I'm just on a tangent here, and if I am, I apologize. False accusations of "anti-Semitism" really "grinds my gears".

Now, onward.

Annabenedetti - I did not know the RCC, for the most part, did not proselytize. I find that... interesting. So, to you, I will say "I stand corrected".

Ah! Forcing beliefs on others is very different from holding beliefs of your own. It is not OK to force your own beliefs on another person.

As to Holocaust denial, a wise woman once told me "people have the right to be wrong". I used to be enraged over it until she explained it to me in such a way. And yes, while you don't have to be an actual anti-Semite to subscribe to Holocaust denial/revisionism, it certainly helps.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So that was a convoluted train wreck. I tried to "quote" people and instead quoted quotes that were quoting other quotes...is there a FAQ here that helps noobsauce like me navigate this system?

Click on "quote with reply" under the post and you should get only that person's comment. To split that comment into individual quotes, highlight the part you want to quote and then click the little quote bubble in the second row of tools above the comment box. You'll get the hang of it. :)

Annabenedetti - I did not know the RCC, for the most part, did not proselytize. I find that... interesting. So, to you, I will say "I stand corrected".

It's enough for me if it adds a dimension to your overall view. I'm not saying there aren't "all about Catholicis" websites, for example, but you have to go to the website, yes? If you're interested in converting Catholicism you go to the local parish and sign up for RCIA. Etc. There aren't teams out there, or people approaching you in the parking lot or standing outside your church. We just don't do that.

Ah! Forcing beliefs on others is very different from holding beliefs of your own. It is not OK to force your own beliefs on another person.

We're in agreement. :) Same sex marriage shouldn't be a problem for anyone who believes in equal rights under the law. The minute they want the law to exclude certain groups, there's going to be an issue of constitutionality.

As to Holocaust denial, a wise woman once told me "people have the right to be wrong". I used to be enraged over it until she explained it to me in such a way. And yes, while you don't have to be an actual anti-Semite to subscribe to Holocaust denial/revisionism, it certainly helps.

Yeah. That meme that says (paraphrased) "I can't come to bed. Someone's wrong on the internet" kind of sums it up for me.

In my experience, because I've known a few, a Holocaust denier will often correlate with anti-semitism, racism, false flag conspiracy theories, misogyny, religious extremism, etc.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

I guess this is the part where we don't bring up the centuries long Inquisitions where not only were they waiting outside of churches, but waiting outside of churches with armed guards and shackles.

:rolleyes:

Feral Phoenician

Click on "quote with reply" under the post and you should get only that person's comment. To split that comment into individual quotes, highlight the part you want to quote and then click the little quote bubble in the second row of tools above the comment box. You'll get the hang of it. :)

OK, giving this a shot. Thank you!

It's enough for me if it adds a dimension to your overall view. I'm not saying there aren't "all about Catholicis" websites, for example, but you have to go to the website, yes? If you're interested in converting Catholicism you go to the local parish and sign up for RCIA. Etc. There aren't teams out there, or people approaching you in the parking lot or standing outside your church. We just don't do that

One reason I came to a forum like this is to learn. My experience with Christianity is limited to the Charismatic variety, and they are very much proselytizers. Oh yes, "taking it to the street" was common. My hat's off to them, though, as they were out preaching the gospel in our heat.

If I'm wrong, I'll freely admit it. I'm not going to try and beat a point to death when it's obvious I don't have a dog. I'm not looking to convert, but I do enjoy learning about different faiths, Christianity included

In my experience, because I've known a few, a Holocaust denier will often correlate with anti-semitism, racism, false flag conspiracy theories, misogyny, religious extremism, etc

Holocaust denial is rife in those "camps", or the concept that "Jews control the world". No. While it's certainly true that the Rothschild Family holds, well, A LOT of pull in this world, that doesn't mean Jews as a whole do. If we actually do, my "control checks" can get here just about any time. I once I had it explained to me that there is a difference between "Jews" and "The Jews"!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
OK, giving this a shot. Thank you!

You did it! Now if you could've also fixed the typos in my post - even better.

One reason I came to a forum like this is to learn. My experience with Christianity is limited to the Charismatic variety, and they are very much proselytizers. Oh yes, "taking it to the street" was common. My hat's off to them, though, as they were out preaching the gospel in our heat.

If I'm wrong, I'll freely admit it. I'm not going to try and beat a point to death when it's obvious I don't have a dog. I'm not looking to convert, but I do enjoy learning about different faiths, Christianity included

Catholics are more likely to be instructed to "take it to the confessional." :chuckle:

Seriously, no admission on your part is necessary. Not for this. You're welcome to save it for bigger stuff. It's just that on this... I know something about it. If it helps, great. As for those who are out proselytizing, I can imagine that it's probably often difficult and discouraging and they're doing it for something they believe it. Because of that, I'm always polite to them, but I've never gotten into a discussion with them either because I simply have no desire to do so.

Holocaust denial is rife in those "camps", or the concept that "Jews control the world". No. While it's certainly true that the Rothschild Family holds, well, A LOT of pull in this world, that doesn't mean Jews as a whole do. If we actually do, my "control checks" can get here just about any time. I once I had it explained to me that there is a difference between "Jews" and "The Jews"!

Yeah, "the Jews..." I've heard that. Also I've never met a Holocaust denier who was likable. Ever.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Atheists are so objective, that they take virtually any side that is against God or religious principle :freak:

If one is going to talk about irony, let's talk about how full of it atheists are, who pride themselves on the contrary.

The Bible declares that atheists are against God, there is no such thing as 'neutrality' or 'agnosticism'. By any means, an atheist will always resort to a defense against any notion of the Maker.

Heed the signature, that's what the Bible really teaches, not the humanitarian shenanigans of the lukewarm who give such people confidence in their blasphemies :plain:

Jose Fly

I'll understand better when you show me cases where Muslim business owners were fined, threatened with jail and lost their business because they told a couple of homosexuals that catering to their immoral lifestyle goes against his or her Muslim faith.

When Muslim business owners start discriminating against gays, let me know.

am not familiar with so called Christian leaders in America who talked about FEMA camps. Could you name them?

This thread isn't about FEMA camps.

Once you establish that these people who made these predictions represent the vast majority of US Christians, then we'll talk.

Thanks for your input.

Jose Fly

I said Christians aren't Bigots for holding their beliefs.

What makes those in the Christian Identity movement and KKK bigots?

As to the KKK and CI, even I know your standard rank and file Christian considers them heretics and/or apostates. Also, aren't most KKK members also CI? I'm totally unsure.

And the KKK and CI folks consider those Christians who don't adhere to their bigotry to be apostates. I hope we're not going down the No True Scotsman road here. And honestly, I don't know if most KKK members are CI also.

My point about about anti-Semitism ties in with your question about which Religion can't be questioned. The answer tends to sadly be Judaism. Questing the "sketchy" parts of our faith can earn someone the faux moniker of "anti-Semite". Take for instance the practice of Metzitzah b'peh.

I dunno....I've never really lived in an area with a significant Jewish population.

Feral Phoenician

What makes those in the Christian Identity movement and KKK bigots?
I wouldn't even call them "bigots". They've taken it a few steps further and made an outright ideology (White Nationalism). I've argued against White Nationalists and I can tell you first hand, religion has precious little to do with it. Worse yet is when I get mistaken for one (I shave my head due to my going bald, and I tend to grow mammoth goatees).

And the KKK and CI folks consider those Christians who don't adhere to their bigotry to be apostates. I hope we're not going down the No True Scotsman road here. And honestly, I don't know if most KKK members are CI also.

No. I detest that logical fallacy with a purple passion.

I dunno....I've never really lived in an area with a significant Jewish population.

And that's fine. Unless you're from one of the major East Coast cities, chances are you haven't.