ECT Sermon on the Mount- Interplanner's View

DAN P

Why do so few "Christians" know that the Sermon on the Mount is all in the OT prophets?

Hi and here is also what many do not know , is that when you do see the GREEK word SHALL in the Sermon on the mount , that verb is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE and will be in operation during the Millennial Kingdom . verse 10!!

But , you will always have to check the Greek text when the Greek SHALL is used and check if it is in the FUTURE TENSE !!

dan p

Interplanner

If there is a substantial connection between the SoM and the prophets, how come you can't see the usual NT reading of the prophets about prophetic or Messianic mission things?

Here's why: because you always start with 2P2P and assume the Bible is going to validate it, instead of 'in the Seed, meaning one person, all the world will be blessed' with the offer of justification from sins.

There is no wishful thinking about NT theology, it combines the resurrection and Messianics with justification. Smack in the middle of Is 53 is: 'by his experience, the Righteous One will justify many.' Too bad for wishful 2P2Ps!

Right Divider

Body part
Hi and here is also what many do not know , is that when you do see the GREEK word SHALL in the Sermon on the mount , that verb is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE and will be in operation during the Millennial Kingdom . verse 10!!

But , you will always have to check the Greek text when the Greek SHALL is used and check if it is in the FUTURE TENSE !!

dan p
The English word SHALL expresses the future tense just fine.

SaulToPaul 2

If there is a substantial connection between the SoM and the prophets, how come you can't see the usual NT reading of the prophets about prophetic or Messianic mission things?

Here's why: because you always start with 2P2P and assume the Bible is going to validate it, instead of 'in the Seed, meaning one person, all the world will be blessed' with the offer of justification from sins.

There is no wishful thinking about NT theology, it combines the resurrection and Messianics with justification. Smack in the middle of Is 53 is: 'by his experience, the Righteous One will justify many.' Too bad for wishful 2P2Ps!

huh?

Wick Stick

I love the Sermon on the Mount. It is the crux of Jesus' teachings, and with apologies to all those who are "following Paul as He follows Jesus," I am first and foremost a follower of Jesus.

Here's my own take on the first part of the Sermon:

3 When you have no motivation to do anything or to go on… You have a reason to be happy. Because you are in an ideal spot – really, the only spot - where God can rule your life.

4 When you are crying your eyes out… You have a reason to be happy. Because that sort of behavior is going to get people to come try to cheer you up.

5 Have you been tamed? Take heart... When all the wild people finish killing each other, you will inherit their things.

6 Do you ache when bad things happen, and long for the day when things will be right? Cheer up! Things will eventually be right for you!

7 Are you tired of giving? Take heart… People like to give to someone who gives.

8 Are you going through difficulties that are changing who you are? You have a reason to be happy. You are being purified so that you can know God and understand Him better than the rest of humanity.

9 Are you weary of keeping the peace in your family or among your friends? Rejoice! The Lord counts the peacemakers worthy to be adopted as sons and daughters of the Most High God.

10 Have you lost your job, your family, your friends, your reputation, your standing in your church, because you took a stand for what was right? You have a reason to be happy… Because you have submitted yourself to God’s rulership, God will proclaim His words and judgment through you. 11 Whenever any of you are chased away, or slandered, or lied about maliciously, because of who you represent and belong to – then you have a reason to be happy. 12 Rejoice! Lift your head, because you have earned great things, though they are not of this world. This is the same way that every prophet of God has been treated!

13 You are like soapy water… you clean this world, which renders it acceptable to God. But if the bathwater becomes dirty, what do you wash it with? It’s no longer good for anything: we just flush it down the drain.

14 You are like a light in the dark. You cannot be hidden…nor should you try to hide. 15 Nobody takes a light and hides it. They put it on top of something, so that it can light up more space. 16 In this same way, you must shine. By doing good works, you shine your light, and people notice. In this way, you draw attention to God, causing people to think highly of Him.

17 I haven't come to this world to get rid of the Old Testament laws or prophecies. I came to fill in what was lacking in them. 18 Isn’t it true? None of it can end until all of it comes to pass…not even the dot of an ‘i’ can be removed! 19 If God is king, and rules us, the man who rejects even the smallest of God’s rules (and teaches other men to do the same) is a small man in that kingdom. But the man who obeys the law, and teaches the law, is an important man in that kingdom. 20 So if this is true, then unless you do better than most of the pastors and theologians, there is no way that you will exercise God’s authority in this, His kingdom.

Danoh

I've met very few books based "Bible experts" whom I have I found free of what you are obviously clueless you are doing.

You are obviously projecting your practice of reading your already set in stone bias, into a thing - you are projecting that as supposedly being what all Dispys are supposedly doing.

Most bookworms - and you have long since proven you are that - will automatically conclude that all Dispy's get all their ideas from books "about."

Ideas which they then supposedly read into the Scripture.

And yet, I have often proven I well understand both where you are coming from and what you are seeing, even though it is clear that your approach is not all the result of your obvious over reliance on books, but is that, plus your own approach.

Meaning, not all Dispys approach the Scripture with some sort of a schematic, already in hand.

For, for me at least, that is not what Mid-Acts Dispensationalism is about.

That is what books "about" are "about" - but it is not what actual, Mid-Acts Bible Study is about.

It only appears that way to both the outsider, and the novice, who remains one...

Actual Mid-Acts Dispensationalism is nothing more than a handy label, one is to discard each time one approaches the Bible, until after one's present study of one thing or another, bears whatever fruit it does.

Each study, and each "problem" is different.

And new...

Watch a couple of the better Mid-Acts Dispensational Bible Teachers on YouTube.

What you find is that they are far and away much more nuanced than the rest.

That obviously, they have each diligently sought to carefully examine the sense of just about every word in each passage, through a highly rigorous comparison of just about its every word, with other passages where similar themes, subject, narrative, use, and so on, are found.

When you do that, you find yourself really getting at what is under every rock on a thing.

And you find you have started out anew, from scratch, each time.

You find each time you have dissected a frog in biology class, has not only been its uniquely it's own unique dissection, but each with its own unique contribution to your better understanding of the whole.

Fail at that, and you end up at...the traditions of men.

Ever at odds with the next advance in medicine.

Obviously, your kind either never picked up on, or very soon forgot the elementary school "moral of the story" lessons that were those highly fascinating accounts of such as a Marie Curie, or a Louis Pasteur - each of who's unique distinctions had met with the fierce opposition that is the traditions of men.

You're a dime a dozen, IP.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8 towards you.

Right Divider

Body part
Pretty sure I didn't claim anything like that. :confused:
You were juxtaposing 'all those who are "following Paul as He follows Jesus," I am first and foremost a follower of Jesus.'

The Jews aren't under the law anymore. Why should I be?
If you are following Jesus in His earthly ministry to Israel, then you are following a Jew under the law who taught His fellow Jews under the law to follow the law.

Wick Stick

You were juxtaposing 'all those who are "following Paul as He follows Jesus," I am first and foremost a follower of Jesus.'
Yes, I did, but not for the purpose of defaming anyone or promoting myself. I was just declaring where I stand on the subject. You know... being forthright? If you found it demeaning or patronizing, then you have my apologies, though I have no idea why you would find it so.

If you are following Jesus in His earthly ministry to Israel, then you are following a Jew under the law who taught His fellow Jews under the law to follow the law.
You're not wrong, but you're missing the point. Jesus was a Jew, yes. Jesus submitted Himself to the law, yes. In interactions with Jews, Jesus told them to follow the law...yes, though He taught them a different yoke on the Law.

But... Jesus earthly ministry was to Israel; not Judah. Matthew 15:24

Israel was no longer under the Law. God condemned Israel under the Law, and both divorced and destroyed it. Jesus did not teach Israelites law-keeping. Instead, He instituted a new and different priesthood for them, abolished the temple cult in favor of local assemblies, set up a government of judges and apostles, and set up a system of principles instead of statutes. The latter point is what the whole Sermon on the Mount is about.

Finally, note that He was baptizing proselytes out of Judah. That is, He was removing their status as Jews to make them something else.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, I did, but not for the purpose of defaming anyone or promoting myself. I was just declaring where I stand on the subject. You know... being forthright? If you found it demeaning or patronizing, then you have my apologies, though I have no idea why you would find it so.
It's a common tactic used by anti-MAD people to attempt to claim "the higher ground" and I'm not falling for it.

If you're not preaching Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, then you're preaching Him wrong. Romans 16:25

You're not wrong, but you're missing the point. Jesus was a Jew, yes. Jesus submitted Himself to the law, yes. In interactions with Jews, Jesus told them to follow the law...yes, though He taught them a different yoke on the Law.

But... Jesus earthly ministry was to Israel; not Judah. Matthew 15:24
I was using the term JEW in the sense that it refers to ALL of Israel.

When Paul says "neither Jew nor Greek", he is NOT talking about only the tribe of Judah.

Israel was no longer under the Law. God condemned Israel under the Law, and both divorced and destroyed it. Jesus did not teach Israelites law-keeping. Instead, He instituted a new and different priesthood for them, abolished the temple cult in favor of local assemblies, set up a government of judges and apostles, and set up a system of principles instead of statutes. The latter point is what the whole Sermon on the Mount is about.
In the new covenant, Israel with keep the law with God's Spirit in them. Eze 37

Finally, note that He was baptizing proselytes out of Judah. That is, He was removing their status as Jews to make them something else.
Nonsense. You don't even know what a proselyte is.

Interplanner

RD fumbled:
In the new covenant, Israel with keep the law with God's Spirit in them. Eze 37

That's true but its about anyone who does. God's new covenant is with all who have faith and is in effect now. That's why Rom 2 sounds the way it does about 'gentiles who do not know the law but do the things of the law'