Should It Be Lawful For Minors To Be Married With Parental Consent?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, well horses and buggies were all the rage back then too, but I'd much rather drive a car nowadays.

So, it's immoral to ride a horse because we have cars :think:

And BTW, I spoke to the age issue on the first page.

Yeah, and it was a horrible argument which didn't even really address the morality of teenagers marrying. You tried to justify your notion with virtually irrelevant observations.

And
The average lifespan having been 47 doesn't mean what you think it means. People lived nearly just as long as now, the difference is that before modern medicine and healthcare, there was a far higher rate of people dying either at birth or in post-infancy. If one could get through that, they tended to live a full, natural life.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So, it's immoral to ride a horse because we have cars :think:

You didn't say anything about morality.

Yeah, and it was a horrible argument which didn't even really address the morality of teenagers marrying. You tried to justify your notion with virtually irrelevant observations.

And
The average lifespan having been 47 doesn't mean what you think it means. People lived nearly just as long as now, the difference is that before modern medicine and healthcare, there was a far higher rate of people dying either at birth or in post-infancy. If one could get through that, they tended to live a full, natural life.

No they didn't, but I'm not going to argue with you, because it would be a waste of my time.

As for morality - let's just say if I had a teenaged daughter I'd keep her far, far away from you.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AB and rusha think they 9teenagers) should be able to fornicate all they want without marriage...

Once again, nick makes it up as he goes along. I would say you are mistaken, however, that would mean you didn't intentionally misrepresent me for the sole purpose of ... well, it's what you do.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Haven't seen anyone answer this.

All I see is affirmation of what is already presumed, not an actual moral structure to validate why the new system is better than the old, which was around all the way up to this recent age.

It went like this: 14 for girls; 16 for boys. This was where they were ready for woman and manhood, and this was the standard even so far as to colonial America.

So, again
What's the problem :idunno:

We have matured into a civilized society. Pee Pees and Wee Wees are not to be trifled with until 18 years of age.

Arthur Brain

Haven't seen anyone answer this.

All I see is affirmation of what is already presumed, not an actual moral structure to validate why the new system is better than the old, which was around all the way up to this recent age.

It went like this: 14 for girls; 16 for boys. This was where they were ready for woman and manhood, and this was the standard even so far as to colonial America.

So, again
What's the problem :idunno:

The problem? Dumb pseudo intellectual misogynistic morons like you. Please feel free not to participate any further...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have to say this thread of yours brings back bad memories of the Ducky Dynasty threads. And I don't think a one of us on either side of the issue who was there for those threads has changed our minds.

Indeed ... marriage is STILL for adults ... not for little boys and girls in their teenage years.

ClimateSanity

I think we can all agree there is way too much teenage fornicating going on. Being raised by a young single mother just makes matters worse. We have to get A father if not THE father in the home on a daily basis. Safeguards should be put in to guard against abuse. Our culture has gone to hell in a hand basket and teenage fornication is one of the biggest causes. With as many smart people this country has, someone ought to be able to come up with workable solutions.

ClimateSanity

No kidding. Feel free to post a quote of anyone who stated boys and girl should have sex and make families. Nor should these children be encouraged or allowed to have sex under the guise of marriage.

So I take it you think teenage sex is rampant and a serious problem?