ECT Similarities between MADists and Marcionites.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It certainly exposed you as one.

No, your attempted analogy was a joke.

You Dispies go out of your way to avoid any link to John Nelson Darby, all the while parroting the teachings of John Nelson Darby.

I can't imagine the strange paradox you guys live in.

Okay Don Quixote

No problem Sancho Panza.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But it can't read a Greek interlinear. Remember when I spanked you with Berry's Greek, which you cited oh so arrogantly? Good times.

Er, no.

Your "secret condition" theory in Matt 24:34 was the most desperate of all the explanations of Matt 24:34 I ever saw by a Darby follower.

musterion

Er, no.

Your "secret condition" theory in Matt 24:34 was the most desperate of all the explanations of Matt 24:34 I ever saw by a Darby follower.

It wasn't a secret condition. It's right there in your own (alleged) copy of Berry (which I don't believe you own). I even made copious posts from Biblehub showing it too. You can't refute it.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Once again, you can't tell us the lone person responsible for Preterism.

It's indisputable that John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism.

C'mon mus, give it a shot. What are you afraid of?

Scofield's list of dispensations is based on Isaac Watts's list, not Darby's and Watt's long preceeded Darby.

John Calvin spoke of dispensations.

Darby systematized a dispensational framework but dispensational concepts were floating around post-reformation and are Scripturally based.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Scofield's list of dispensations is based on Isaac Watts's list

You do know that Scofield defined a "dispensation" as a period of time?

Apparently MAD Max and his dingo don't agree with Scofield.

Here are Watts dispensations:

I. The Dispensation of Innocency

II. Adam after the Fall

III. The Noahic Dispensation

IV. The Abrahamic Dispensation

V. The Mosaic Dispensation

VI. The Christian Dispensation

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
Apparently MAD Max and his dingo don't agree with Scofield.
I've already explained to you what the Bible says a dispensation is, but you would rather chase dead men than believe God. That's fine, you are certainly free to run around in circles if you choose.

A dispensation (administration) is not a period of time. A project is not a period of time, but they do last a period of time. I'm not sure why that is so difficult for you to comprehend.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're right. Once you ignored the Greek of your own Bible (assuming you own one), I knew we would never get along.

I didn't ignore it. I made it clear that you are dead wrong.

Because you have to make Matt 24:34 fit your Dispensationalism, you turn the verse into a pretzel.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've already explained to you what the Bible says a dispensation is, but you would rather chase dead men than believe God. That's fine, you are certainly free to run around in circles if you choose.

A dispensation (administration) is not a period of time. A project is not a period of time, but they do last a period of time. I'm not sure why that is so difficult for you to comprehend.

You make the same mistake Darby made (Or, you're a follower of Darby).

You ignore the covenants, and claim dispensations.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A dispensation (administration) is not a period of time.

" A dispensation is a period of time during which man is tested in respect of obedience to some specific revelation of the will of God.” - Scofield Reference Bible, Page 5

musterion

I didn't ignore it. I made it clear that you are dead wrong.

Because you have to make Matt 24:34 fit your Dispensationalism, you turn the verse in a pretzel.

No I didn't. I took it as it lays and cited the only possible condition, which Christ pointed to throughout His ministry, as did Peter at Pentecost.

You're the one who twisted it by making the first thing out of your mouth after seeing an for the first time, this:

You do know that not one stone was left standing upon another in the temple?
And as if that wasn't random, irrelevant and stupid enough, then you posted,

Jesus said the generation of His contemporaries would not pass away (now comes the contingent part) until all these things would take place.
Which, as phrased, involves absolutely no contingency or uncertainty or conditionality at all, completely avoiding the an issue.

In short, you did what you always do and are doing now: simply ignoring what you don't like or can't rebut. Because you're a cultic simpleton.

musterion

Here, I'll post it again. Email it to whoever staff's Hank's Top Secret Insider Subscriber Hotline and let them explain it to you.

an: usually untranslatable, but generally denoting supposition, wish, possibility or uncertainty.

Original Word: ἄν

Part of Speech: Particle, Disjunctive Particle

Transliteration: an

Phonetic Spelling: (an)

Short Definition: an untranslatable word that makes a statement contingent

Definition: an untranslatable word (under the circumstances, in that case, anyhow), the general effect of which is to make a statement contingent, which would otherwise be definite: it is thus regularly used with the subjunctive mood.

302 án – a conditional particle expressing possibility, based on a preexisting condition (stipulation, prerequisite). This adds an important theoretical (hypothetical) sense to a statement which narrows down the sense of that statement.

302 (an) "indicates what can (could) occur – but only on certain conditions, or by the combination of certain fortuitous causes" (J. Thayer). Only the context determines how 302 (án) "limits" ("conditions") the statement by the possibility (condition) involved.

Accordingly, 302 (án) is often called the "untranslatable particle." However, it always influences ("conditions") its sentence and is key to properly understanding the verse (passage) in which it occurs.

[Though 302 (án) is not easily "translatable," it always conveys important meaning. (The KJV sometimes translates an as "perchance," "haply.")

302 (an) is used about 300 times in the NT, introducing statements that have conditional or hypothetical meaning.]

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
" A dispensation is a period of time during which man is tested in respect of obedience to some specific revelation of the will of God.” - Scofield Reference Bible, Page 5
So what? I belong to Christ, not Scofield. Who do you belong to?

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
You ignore the covenants, and claim dispensations.
I've never discussed the covenants with you, so you can stop lying now. We are talking about what a dispensation is, which you cannot comprehend, because of an obsession you have with men.