ECT Similarities between MADists and Marcionites.

Spitfire

I pointed out that you believe that those who teach Paul was an apostate, and that salvation is by works, are to be considered "the early church (the Body of Christ).
You won't find any repudiation of Paul among the early church fathers who challenged Marcion.

Tertullian is often incorrectly cited as an example, but he was criticizing Marcion's understanding of Paul, not Paul himself.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
You won't find any repudiation of Paul among the early church fathers who challenged Marcion.

Tertullian is often incorrectly cited as an example, but he was criticizing Marcion's understanding of Paul, not Paul himself.
His, and his followers' beliefs were very similar to MAD beliefs, but the early church condemned this wrong view as heretical.

You are saying that the information Nang cited in her link, from "the early church", is completely fraudulent? Why do you think she would stoop to such deception?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow. This Max guy knows how to argue, huh?

:think:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
one of which was the teachings of a false teacher by the name of Marcion, in Rome.

Actually, Marcion and Darby did teach something very similar.

Marcion taught that there were two Gods. Marcion taught that the God of the OT was a God of law, who was mean, and cruel. Marcion taught that the God of love was completely hidden until he was revealed in the person of Christ Jesus.

Darby (like Marcion) taught that God was not taught as a God of love in the OT, and revealed to mankind as a God of love until He appeared as Christ Jesus. Darby taught that before Christ Jesus, God revealed Himself to mankind in different ways.

Darby taught that if God revealed Himself one way to Israel, and another way Christ, then God also revealed Himself in different ways to Adam, Noah, Abraham, etc.

One of Darby's biggest errors was that Darby taught God was not a covenant God, but a God of Dispensations.

However, Darby's biggest error was that the promises to the Israeltes/Jews were fulfilled in Christ Jesus and His church.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow. This Max guy knows how to argue, huh?

:think:

Not really.

MAD Max was a fictional character played by an Irish Catholic anti-Semite.

MAD is a fictional doctrine invented by an Anglo-Irish Plymouth Brethren.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
Actually, Marcion and Darby did teach something very similar.

Marcion taught that there were two Gods. Marcion taught that the God of the OT was a God of law, who was mean, and cruel. Marcion taught that the God of love was completely hidden until he was revealed in the person of Christ Jesus.

Darby (like Marcion) taught that God was not taught as a God of love in the OT, and revealed to mankind as a God of love until He appeared as Christ Jesus. Darby taught that before Christ Jesus, God revealed Himself to mankind in different ways.

Darby taught that if God revealed Himself one way to Israel, and another way Christ, then God also revealed Himself in different ways to Adam, Noah, Abraham, etc.

One of Darby's biggest errors was that Darby taught God was not a covenant God, but a God of Dispensations.

However, Darby's biggest error was that the promises to the Israeltes/Jews were fulfilled in Christ Jesus and His church.
Obama says that the White House is at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Do you agree with him? Are you then also pro-abortion, support same-sex marriage, and a liar?

Lots of people say lots of things they are wrong about and right about, but it appears that you and Nang use the same immature astroturfing tactics to protect your pet doctrines.

musterion

Do you agree with him? Are you then also pro-abortion, support same-sex marriage, and a liar?

Lots of people say lots of things they are wrong about and right about, but it appears that you and Nang use the same immature astroturfing tactics to protect your pet doctrines.

What Tetzo's thinking now...

1322714164963_2640228.png

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
MAD Max was a fictional character played by an Irish Catholic anti-Semite.
There you go again. I've never seen the movie, nor do I know a single thing about this character. I've just heard the name, and because I am a mid-Acts dispensationalist, I thought it flowed well, and it was familiar. However, because your modus operandi is that of acting like a child, rather than to deal with arguments, we are left wasting each other's time.

Mine is too valuable to waste any more on you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The White House was at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. before Obama was born.

Do you agree with him?

Obama wasn't the first person to state that the White House is at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Are you then also pro-abortion, support same-sex marriage, and a liar?

Your analogy is a joke. John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism. Obama didn't invent the address of the White House.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
because I am a mid-Acts dispensationalist, I thought it flowed well, and it was familiar. However, because your modus operandi is that of acting like a child, rather than to deal with arguments, we are left wasting each other's time.

Mine is too valuable to waste any more on you.

You will fit in well with your fellow Darby followers here on TOL.

You talk like them, they talk like you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You follow a Jesuit and are an anti-semite.

Once again, you can't tell us the lone person responsible for Preterism.

It's indisputable that John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism.

C'mon mus, give it a shot. What are you afraid of?

musterion

Once again, you can't tell us the lone person responsible for Preterism.

It's indisputable that John Nelson Darby invented Dispensationalism.

C'mon mus, give it a shot. What are you afraid of?

Nothing.

It's incidental that a Jesuit formulated preterism. It's really beside the point. The fact is, none of what preterism says happened, happened.