ECT Similarities between MADists and Marcionites.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Here, I'll post it again. Email it to whoever staff's Hank's Top Secret Insider Subscriber Hotline and let them explain it to you.

an: usually untranslatable, but generally denoting supposition, wish, possibility or uncertainty.

Original Word: ἄν

Part of Speech: Particle, Disjunctive Particle

Transliteration: an

Phonetic Spelling: (an)

Short Definition: an untranslatable word that makes a statement contingent

Definition: an untranslatable word (under the circumstances, in that case, anyhow), the general effect of which is to make a statement contingent, which would otherwise be definite: it is thus regularly used with the subjunctive mood.

302 án – a conditional particle expressing possibility, based on a preexisting condition (stipulation, prerequisite). This adds an important theoretical (hypothetical) sense to a statement which narrows down the sense of that statement.

302 (an) "indicates what can (could) occur – but only on certain conditions, or by the combination of certain fortuitous causes" (J. Thayer). Only the context determines how 302 (án) "limits" ("conditions") the statement by the possibility (condition) involved.

Accordingly, 302 (án) is often called the "untranslatable particle." However, it always influences ("conditions") its sentence and is key to properly understanding the verse (passage) in which it occurs.

[Though 302 (án) is not easily "translatable," it always conveys important meaning. (The KJV sometimes translates an as "perchance," "haply.")

302 (an) is used about 300 times in the NT, introducing statements that have conditional or hypothetical meaning.]

You're really desperate.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
" A dispensation is a period of time during which man is tested in respect of obedience to some specific revelation of the will of God.” - Scofield Reference Bible, Page 5

".....the nondispensationalist points out some lack in the old Scofield definition and with the wave of the hand dismisses dispensationalism on the basis of the weakness of the definition! Perhaps the earlier definition does not distinguish dispensation from age, but such failure does not mean that they cannot be distinguished or that they have not been distinguished by others. And it does not mean that the entire system is condemned."- Charles Ryrie "Dispensationalism

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
".....the nondispensationalist points out some lack in the old Scofield definition and with the wave of the hand dismisses dispensationalism on the basis of the weakness of the definition! Perhaps the earlier definition does not distinguish dispensation from age, but such failure does not mean that they cannot be distinguished or that they have not been distinguished by others. And it does not mean that the entire system is condemned."- Charles Ryrie "Dispensationalism

Charles Ryrie is a lot like you TOL Dispies.

Ryrie, like you guys, keep trying to distance yourselves from the men who invented what you guys adhere to.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Charles Ryrie is a lot like you TOL Dispies.

Ryrie, like you guys, keep trying to distance yourselves from the men who invented what you guys adhere to.

Ryrie unsuccessfully straddled the fence . .

Leaving him theologically impotent.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
"For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me."

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God"

The "finished" one says that God is a liar, and there are no dispensations

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ryrie unsuccessfully straddled the fence . .

Leaving him theologically impotent.

It's amazing how Dispies are so embarrassed to admit that they follow the men who invented Dispensationalism.

They try so hard to convince people that what they believe happened by just picking up a Bible and reading it by themselves.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
"For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me."

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God"

What is your opinion and definition of your "dispensations of Dave" (aka S0ZO)?

Temporal or wise?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

No, I don't define "dispensation" as a time period like you Darby followers do.

The definition of "dispensation" is "to dispense"

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Exactly correct.

"Dispensations" have all to do with divine and eternal revelation, that stand totally apart from temporal times and seasons.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
You know full well from my repeated posts that I have emphatically stated that a dispensation is NOT a period of time. What do you hope to gain by lying, when not only can everyone here see you are lying, but so does God?

It is to administrate. You really are not mature enough to be discussing the things of God in public. You make the Gospel of no effect, and you make yourself look like a child.