So, How Are All The Self-Proclaimed Conservatives Holding Up?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ok, I've given it some thought. Redefining the most important institution that a society has (marriage) has absolutely no affect on you whatsoever Ktoyou.

On a more important note: Did you see the latest episode of "Keeping up with the Kardashians"?

kardashians.jpg

https://cleanlens.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/kardashians.jpg?w=300&h=225

MarcATL

Just dealing with the topic of the dissolution of traditional marriage:

When society doesn't put importance on the nucleus of society (the traditional family: dad, mom, children all living under one roof), then things like alcohol and drug abuse disproportionately occur, out of wedlock sex, abortion, crime, etc. etc. etc., which effects all of us in the long run.
Self-proclaimed Christians lost the marriage fight decades ago. Do game shows like 'The Bachelorette ' et al which trivialize the institution have been making a mockery of marriage with not a single peep from Christendom. That's just one of many examples of how they failed. Can't say you're for the sacred institution now that gays have fought for and won the right to marry which we have allowed to be made a mockery of decades ago.

MarcATL

I know it may effect my kids, their kids and grand-kids, and they were born into this, and must deal with it,
My question is how does it effect me personally?
Isn't it automatically personal if it affects your seed?

bybee

That argument can be used for plethora of things. Not that I disagree with the argument. Just saying.

Well Marc, here is the thing; I come from another generation which is light years away from the society in which I must now dwell. No doubt my opinions and comfort levels are archaic and out of date. BUT, my beliefs in freedom of choice based firstly on the innate freedoms which are invested in each human being and their protection under basic laws in society are not out of date.
It does boil down to logistics. And I find myself at odds with many tails wagging one dog.
The dog may just be shook to death one of these days.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You guys have had a pretty tough couple of weeks. No signs of it "easing up" for you either.

So how have the local TOL cons been processing everything? Are you guys OK?

it was a bummer
but
it may all but guarantee the white house next year
to go along with
the governors
the house
the senate
and
half the court

MarcATL

it was a bummer
but
it may all but guarantee the white house next year
to go along with
the governors
the house
the senate
and
half the court
I wouldn't be too sure if I was you. The country is simply not with the Republican party base. And the base is only showing signs of moving more away in opposition of the rest of the country. I see President Hillary Clinton easily as our next president.

GFR7

I wouldn't be too sure if I was you. The country is simply not with the Republican party base. And the base is only showing signs of moving more away in opposition of the rest of the country. I see President Hillary Clinton easily as our next president.
:plain:

MarcATL

[emoji14]lain:
I'm guessing you're laughing at my sentiments. Not sure why though. My estimations are based on sound judgment. How are proposing that Republicans will take the Presidency?

You have to remember, only hardcore partisans hate the Democrats and/or liberals. If you guys haven't learned by now that hate doesn't win elections, then I don't know what else to tell you other than "see you in 2016."

GFR7

I'm guessing you're laughing at my sentiments. Not sure why though. My estimations are based on sound judgment. How are proposing that Republicans will take the Presidency?

You have to remember, only hardcore partisans hate the Democrats and/or liberals. If you guys haven't learned by now that hate doesn't win elections, then I don't know what else to tell you other than "see you in 2016."
Nope, you've guessed wrong. That was no laugh, that was a :plain: ......why did it show up as a laugh in your response? :think: What my "face" meant, was, I know it too well.....

bybee

I concur. She will be the next president of the chaos called The United States of America.
You are correct Conservatism hasn't a chance in a society with an entitlement mentality.
Sooner or later the working base shall shrink to an unworkable ratio and we shall be as the Greeks are now.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

you base will always beat our base
so
it is just a question of motivation
and
we have you beat two to one in that area

MarcATL

Nope, you've guessed wrong. That was no laugh, that was a [emoji14]lain: ......why did it show up as a laugh in your response? :think: What my "face" meant, was, I know it too well.....
I'm on my cell phone. Here helping one of the elders from my church help his friend move. Taking a break. Can't see the imojis.

THall

Seems a lot of self-proclaimed Conservatives and Christians have been collectively losing their stuff, proverbially soiling themselves over recent events these couple of weeks.

Is this the part where you try and convince us
that soiling your privates past another man's
colon is Christ like? Your unnatural filth and
morally bankrupt positions are like a neon sign
flashing "EVIL PRESENT".

You and those that think like you
will get everything you deserve.
Our founding fathers were not perfect, but they
did give us the reset button, so keep pushing and
watch where it leads.