Sodom 2015

glorydaz

glorydaz took offence to this post - i was only trying to keep up with other posts in this thread -

imo, nothing wrong with what i said - it's a joke - relax

I think you mean you were only trying to "one up"...and you succeeded. Wonder who will try to "one up" you and where it will end. :think:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I think you mean you were only trying to "one up"...and you succeeded. Wonder who will try to "one up" you and where it will end. :think:

ok, what you think i mean must be right. it's a thread called sodom, folks were talking about homos and i used a line from Will Ferrell - big deal. there's a thread here called WHORE for the republican party - acw bashes fags on a daily basis and i was going along with musty and others.

smelly pirates and whores were facts of life - not bannable - where will it end ? apparently with same sex marriage and gay discussions in every household. really, find more important things to report -

glorydaz

ok, what you think i mean must be right. it's a thread called sodom, folks were talking about homos and i used a line from Will Ferrell - big deal. there's a thread here called WHORE for the republican party - acw bashes fags on a daily basis and i was going along with musty and others.

smelly pirates and whores were facts of life - not bannable - where will it end ? apparently with same sex marriage and gay discussions in every household. really, find more important things to report -

Squirm and wriggle. It's actually very gay of you to use smelly and whore in the same sentence. When gays do it, most women know exactly what they're saying.

Being a whore for the Republican party is not derogatory toward women. Even being an attention whore like you are is not derogatory toward women. But, if you want to play innocent go right ahead. I reported your post because I found it offensive. You are certainly free to report me for any little thing your heart desires. I won't whine about it one little bit. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Squirm and wriggle. It's actually very gay of you to use smelly and whore in the same sentence. When gays do it, most women know exactly what they're saying.

Being a whore for the Republican party is not derogatory toward women. Even being an attention whore like you are is not derogatory toward women. But, if you want to play innocent go right ahead. I reported your post because I found it offensive. You are certainly free to report me for any little thing your heart desires. I won't whine about it one little bit. :)

LOL. SQUIRM AND WRIGGLE ? what are you talking about ? oh thanks, i can report you ? you are imploding gd !!!! i'm not sorry YOU were offended. me ? i'm just a gay whore

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It's actually very gay of you to use smelly and whore in the same sentence. When gays do it, most women know exactly what they're saying.

i asked three women if they have any idea what you're talking about and they said no

neither do i

i suspect you don't either

genuineoriginal

Right-wingers fail to realize that homosexuality is NOT contagious .
Liberals lie about the fact that sexual immorality is contagious, even though the effects can be manifested differently for each person affected by it.
Some people will have same-gender sex, some people will have underage sex, some people will have sex with beasts, some people will have sex with corpses, some people will just have a series of extra-marital affairs and messy divorces.

glorydaz

i asked three women if they have any idea what you're talking about and they said no

neither do i

i suspect you don't either

Shows how little you know as opposed to how much you claim to know.

You ever hung around any gay guys? I "suspect" you haven't.

PureX

Quite disgusting. Whatever happened to public nudity being against the law?
It's not against the law everywhere, all the time.

It's unfortunate that a mother with kids might stumble upon it, as in this instance, but it's not a catastrophic event. It's just an opportunity to explain some of the weirdness of the world to them. They need to know, and because they're kids, they'll almost always handle it better than adults do.

PureX

Liberals lie about the fact that sexual immorality is contagious...
It's only "contagious" if you are an automaton who can't think or make decisions for yourself. You know, sort of like people who think the Bible is the literal voice of God telling them what to think, what to believe, and how to behave in every moment and situation of their lives. Normal people, however, can witness this sort of thing and choose not to engage in it without any difficulty whatever. Even children.

genuineoriginal

It's only "contagious" if you are an automaton who can't think or make decisions for yourself. You know, sort of like people who think the Bible is the literal voice of God telling them what to think, what to believe, and how to behave in every moment and situation of their lives. Normal people, however, can witness this sort of thing and choose not to engage in it without any difficulty whatever. Even children.
Here is an interesting study on how immorality is contagious.
_____
Loyola study: Bad morals are contagious, even through handshakes

If a person comes into contact with an evil-doer, even indirectly, is it contagious? Newly published research by Loyola University New Orleans psychology professor Kendall Eskine, Ph.D., says bad morals can spread through physical contact, such as a handshake, or even through shared contact with inanimate objects.

The research, published in the Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, found that people who shake hands with a morally tainted person actually experience immorality themselves in the form of guilt, according to Eskine. In the same way, people who sit in a chair previously occupied by a person they perceive as immoral, experience the same guilt.

“Morality can be as contagious as viruses or diseases,” Eskine said.

In Eskine’s study, participants were asked to evaluate rubber gloves for a consumer rating survey. While some were wearing the gloves and some were not, a student entered the room and introduced himself as a candidate running for a student government position as he shook hands with all study participants. After the candidate left the room, participants were told he cheats on exams, plagiarizes essays and lies to both faculty and students.

Students who weren’t wearing a glove and made bare hand contact during the handshake experienced a stronger sense of guilt compared to those wearing gloves, the research reports.

“Other veins of research have shown that physical and moral disgust is processed in highly similar ways in the physical brain, which explains why immoral behavior physically contaminates objects,” Eskine said.

Another study included in the research showed that those who sat in the same chairs as an unethical person experienced significant guilt as well, illustrating that morals are indirectly passed through inanimate objects.
_____​

Huckleberry

It's not against the law everywhere, all the time.

It's unfortunate that a mother with kids might stumble upon it, as in this instance, but it's not a catastrophic event. It's just an opportunity to explain some of the weirdness of the world to them. They need to know, and because they're kids, they'll almost always handle it better than adults do.

Well, says you. I'm sure most mothers would disagree. www.sfgate.com disagrees, hence the title of the article. The moms in the article disagree so there's that. In fact, Folsom Street Fair has an official policy against kids attending, as noted in the article, so they themselves disagree.

Looks like everyone agrees this is not a good thing. Minimizing it as you do here is odd. Promoting it as an opportunity, all the more so.

PureX

Well, says you. I'm sure most mothers would disagree. www.sfgate.com disagrees, hence the title of the article. The moms in the article disagree so there's that. In fact, Folsom Street Fair has an official policy against kids attending, as noted in the article, so they themselves disagree.

Looks like everyone agrees this is not a good thing. Minimizing it as you do here is odd. Promoting it as an opportunity, all the more so.
My point was that the mother could use an unfortunate circumstance to a positive effect, if she's got her wits about her.

My feeling about the event is that it's idiotic. It should not be held in public because most people would find it not just idiotic, but highly offensive as well. But that wasn't the subject of the thread, from what I read. And since the mother and daughter did stumble into it (obviously the event's security was deficient), the solution is to make the best of a bad situation. To do that, I think she'd need to remain calm and unconcerned, herself, and just explain to her daughter that sometimes adults do things that are very strange, but that she need not be afraid as it's not about her, and leave it at that. Odds are that the girl would forget about it soon enough if the mother doesn't make too big a deal of it. But in any case being up-front about it and letting the girl know it's nothing to do with her would be important.

It's unfortunate that grown-ups can be so absurdly selfish and self-centered that they would display these kinds of adult ideas and behaviors in public where kids could be shocked and confused by them, but such is the way of the world. There are plenty of religious rituals that I wouldn't want my children to witness, too. So it's not just sex, and it's not just the LBGT community that engages in this sort of shocking public exhibitionism. Nor is it everyone who happens to be a member of these groups. But there's always going to be a few … And if we wish to be a free society, we're going to have to tolerate some of this idiocy.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'd prefer that pre-pubertal children not get bombarded with sex messages. As I recall that did not interest me at that age rather it embarrassed me.

What the heck is that? To me, it seems obscene?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
_____

If a person comes into contact with an evil-doer, even indirectly, is it contagious? Newly published research by Loyola University New Orleans psychology professor Kendall Eskine, Ph.D., says bad morals can spread through physical contact, such as a handshake, or even through shared contact with inanimate objects.

The research, published in the Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, found that people who shake hands with a morally tainted person actually experience immorality themselves in the form of guilt, according to Eskine. In the same way, people who sit in a chair previously occupied by a person they perceive as immoral, experience the same guilt.

In Eskine’s study, participants were asked to evaluate rubber gloves for a consumer rating survey. While some were wearing the gloves and some were not, a student entered the room and introduced himself as a candidate running for a student government position as he shook hands with all study participants. After the candidate left the room, participants were told he cheats on exams, plagiarizes essays and lies to both faculty and students.

Students who weren’t wearing a glove and made bare hand contact during the handshake experienced a stronger sense of guilt compared to those wearing gloves, the research reports.

“Other veins of research have shown that physical and moral disgust is processed in highly similar ways in the physical brain, which explains why immoral behavior physically contaminates objects,” Eskine said.

Another study included in the research showed that those who sat in the same chairs as an unethical person experienced significant guilt as well, illustrating that morals are indirectly passed through inanimate objects.
_____​

This is simple. It is not shaking hands, it is the bond it represents. If they did not know the person was of low moral, then there would be no guilt.

Social psychologists are always proving the ordinary:sigh:

PureX

_____

_____​
This article is complete nonsense. "Experimental Social Psychology", indeed. More like sociological fantasyland. I'm hoping you posted this as a joke.

Huckleberry

My point was that the mother could use an unfortunate circumstance to a positive effect, if she's got her wits about her.
Agree.
...And if we wish to be a free society, we're going to have to tolerate some of this idiocy.
Disagree. I think we can comfortably eliminate behavior that harm or traumatize children from the public venue and remain a free society. I don't think it's reasonable to expect mothers (or whomever) to develop strategies to minimize the harm done.

genuineoriginal

This article is complete nonsense. "Experimental Social Psychology", indeed. More like sociological fantasyland. I'm hoping you posted this as a joke.

Immorality being contagious has been a well known fact in most civilizations throughout recorded history.

Your foolish contention that immorality is not contagious has no basis in fact.

Arthur Brain

Immorality being contagious has been a well known fact in most civilizations throughout recorded history.

Your foolish contention that immorality is not contagious has no basis in fact.

Do you still believe people can "train" themselves to fall in love with phone directories etc?