ECT ST. AUGUSTINE ON THE TRUE CHURCH FOUNDED BY CHRIST

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Thus merely proving my statements in Post #148 above. :yawn:

Why do you need to add a sign showing how bored you are, as if his response is too stupid for you to answer? You are such a unlikable snob! If no one has the ability, in your mind, to hold a conversation with you, then why don't you post on a more intelligent forum?

You would never convince anyone to consider Catholicism because you are so haughty and obnoxious, no one could stand listening to you. Do you think Jesus taught by treating His disciples as if they were too stupid to have a conversation?

Cruciform

Why do you need to add a sign showing how bored you are, as if his response is too stupid for you to answer?
After you've answered---and refuted---the very same claims by the very same individuals dozens of times, it certainly does get tedious and tiring. Dealing with the entirely willful ignorance of anti-Catholics is indeed "boring."

You are such a unlikable snob!

There's the anger of which you accuse me. Perhaps you should lie down and nap through your hysterics. Come back when you can control your emotions with intellect.

If no one has the ability, in your mind, to hold a conversation with you...
  • Your claim is that my imaginary motives apply to "everyone" on TOL?
  • You have no idea whatsoever what is "in my mind."

...you are so haughty and obnoxious, no one could stand listening to you.
You sound "mad" again. Back to bed.

Do you think Jesus taught by treating His disciples as if they were too stupid to have a conversation?
Jesus had little patience with the entirely willful ignorance of those who rejected his teachings out of hand on the basis of their own private opinions. Nor does he have patience with those who do so regarding the authoritative teachings of His one historic Church (Lk. 10:16; cf. Ac. 16:4; 1 Tim. 3:15).

Old man

Why do you need to add a sign showing how bored you are, as if his response is too stupid for you to answer? You are such a unlikable snob! If no one has the ability, in your mind, to hold a conversation with you, then why don't you post on a more intelligent forum?

You would never convince anyone to consider Catholicism because you are so haughty and obnoxious, no one could stand listening to you. Do you think Jesus taught by treating His disciples as if they were too stupid to have a conversation?

You left out an arrogant narcissistic full of vanity, completely ate up with himself.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
She has no actual argument against the Catholic Church, and so resorts to emotionally-driven ad hominem attacks. Sadly, it's not an uncommon fallacy on this forum.

Yeah, well you're the one talking about Augustine renouncing predestinarianism, which never happened. Not genuinely, anyway. Your church coerced him in his last days.

Cruciform

I see that. In fact, 99% of the protestants in this forum have no facts, just attacks.
Well, they typically have the things they've been fed by their particular recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, which they have learned to think of as "facts." They have a collection of "facts" that are in no way factual.

Cruciform

Yeah, well you're the one talking about Augustine renouncing predestinarianism, which never happened. Not genuinely, anyway.
Every Christian believes something about predestination, since the word itself appears in the New Testament. St. Augustine simply replaced one notion of predestination with another which was more orthodox. This is plainly recorded in Augustine's own writings.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I see that. In fact, 99% of the protestants in this forum have no facts, just attacks.

Most of the 'protestants' on this site are not protestants.

I am a Protestant- Lutherans and Calvinists are protestants.

These other people are something I can't even describe really.

Cruciform

It's in your own church's official statements of Augustine. I'm not going to post it because I'm not going to post your own church's words :rolleyes:
You'll need to cite your source if you expect anyone here---especially Catholics---to take your bare claim at all seriously. Again: proof, please.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You'll need to cite your source if you expect anyone here---especially Catholics---to take your bare claim at all seriously. Again: proof, please.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12376b.htm

Your church admits it, while denying it.

Therein, you see why it's necessary for your church to declare infallibility- they are right even why they are wrong. It doesn't take a mad scientist to see that the RCC was very careful in their dictation of him.

They are drunk on the blood of the saints.

Augustine was philosophically a Stoic, and never came off it if you would like to actually read the City of God.