Stoning of the Devil

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Lord Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, as foretold by the prophets. He died for sin, reconciling the world. He was raised for your justification. If you believed, you would be sealed by the Holy Spirit.

Islam is just as false as Mormonism, only much more violent.

CherubRam

Sorry to say that you think like ISIS . Bible or Quran was revealed to be acceptable by the early people 's mind and usually not accurate when talking about God e.g. it not accurate for Bible or Quran to say that God is angry . Also giving personal name to God in Bible is not accurate thing because God is unique

Making up stories does not make it true.

CherubRam

I can not reason with illogic.
Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.
13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.”
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Isaiah 52:6
Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I.”

Last edited:

CherubRam

Sorry to say that you think like ISIS . Bible or Quran was revealed to be acceptable by the early people 's mind and usually not accurate when talking about God e.g. it not accurate for Bible or Quran to say that God is angry . Also giving personal name to God in Bible is not accurate thing because God is unique

Christians can not reason with Muslims when they believe the bible is a book full of lies.

chair

Do you have anything intelligent to say?

Yes, I do. I assumed a certain amount of intelligence on your part. I was mistaken. My apologies.

So here is an explanation: Your stories, specifically the ones in the New Testament, appear to be "made up stories" , just as others people's stories look made up to you.

CherubRam

Yes, I do. I assumed a certain amount of intelligence on your part. I was mistaken. My apologies.

So here is an explanation: Your stories, specifically the ones in the New Testament, appear to be "made up stories" , just as others people's stories look made up to you.

Again: Do you have anything intelligent to say? Lets see some examples?

egyptianmuslim

The Lord Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, as foretold by the prophets. He died for sin, reconciling the world. He was raised for your justification. If you believed, you would be sealed by the Holy Spirit.

Islam is just as false as Mormonism, only much more violent.

Jesus ........peace be upon him.

lukecash12

If you think that Christian customs and beliefs don't strike others as pagan, you are greatly mistaken.

Either that, or you're greatly mistaken yourself. The word pagan comes from the Middle to Late Latin paganus, a term used by the early church fathers up to and beyond Augustine; itself derived from the Classical Latin pagus which was mostly used as Roman military jargon, generally referring to people dwelling out on the countryside or as a pejorative for the ignorant.

The standard definition of paganus evolved from the pejorative sense specifically into a general group of people, those people being anyone ignorant of the truth of Christianity. Paganus acquired it's religious connotations by the mid 4th century, when Augustine in particular made this usage very popular with the book De Civitate Dei contra Paganos ("The City of God against the Pagans"), not long after the sack of Rome. In the Renaissance this term was taken up again, and it has been used in such a manner up to this day.

So, people who aren't Christian are the very definition of pagan, according to sixteen hundred years worth of history. But let's return to the thread topic:

Is "Stoning of the Devil" a Pagan ritual before the days of Mohammad.?

Sep 11, 2015.
A construction crane crashed through the roof of Mecca’s Grand Mosque, killing 107 people and wounding over 200 others. The accident occurred during a sandstorm with high winds.

September 24, 2015
(From CNN) A stampede during one of the last rituals of the Hajj season has killed at least 220 people and left 450 others wounded. The stoning of the devil ritual occurs near the end of the gathering leads to stampedes with disturbing frequency.

People were trampled in the 1994, 1998, 2003, 2004, and 2006 pilgrimages.

An act of God, or not?

Just from reading Job it is apparent that God is aware of, and in control of, everything.

Is there some thematic message God is sending? I think we've merely being myopic here, as Islam accounts for around one billion pagans, but that leaves us with five billion other pagans and who knows how many reported Christians that don't truly have the pleasure of knowing Him. Also, I somehow doubt that God would waste such concentrated effort sending a message to people who are so resistant to Him that they've rewritten His own story, making Him their own minor character in it.

As a punishment? The punishment in Revelation 20:11-15 is punishment enough, I'm sure. But let's also examine this from a redemptive perspective, too: if God saves infants before the age of accountability, it may be that He is saving people from Islam. God is at the same time just and loving.

chair

Either that, or you're greatly mistaken yourself. The word pagan comes from the Middle to Late Latin paganus, a term used by the early church fathers up to and beyond Augustine; itself derived from the Classical Latin pagus which was mostly used as Roman military jargon, generally referring to people dwelling out on the countryside or as a pejorative for the ignorant.

The standard definition of paganus evolved from the pejorative sense specifically into a general group of people, those people being anyone ignorant of the truth of Christianity. Paganus acquired it's religious connotations by the mid 4th century, when Augustine in particular made this usage very popular with the book De Civitate Dei contra Paganos ("The City of God against the Pagans"), not long after the sack of Rome. In the Renaissance this term was taken up again, and it has been used in such a manner up to this day.

So, people who aren't Christian are the very definition of pagan, according to sixteen hundred years worth of history. But let's return to the thread topic:

Just from reading Job it is apparent that God is aware of, and in control of, everything.

Is there some thematic message God is sending? I think we've merely being myopic here, as Islam accounts for around one billion pagans, but that leaves us with five billion other pagans and who knows how many reported Christians that don't truly have the pleasure of knowing Him. Also, I somehow doubt that God would waste such concentrated effort sending a message to people who are so resistant to Him that they've rewritten His own story, making Him their own minor character in it.

As a punishment? The punishment in Revelation 20:11-15 is punishment enough, I'm sure. But let's also examine this from a redemptive perspective, too: if God saves infants before the age of accountability, it may be that He is saving people from Islam. God is at the same time just and loving.

So I stand corrected. By the "correct", Christian definition of Pagan, they themselves are not pagans. I was using the term to mean what Webster defines it as:

heathen 1; especially : a follower of a polytheistic religion (as in ancient Rome)

CherubRam

Why did they ask God for personal name, are there many Gods to distinct Moses's God from them.

Because Mohammad did not know the personal name of God, that is how we know he was a false prophet. By knowing Yahwah is the true God we can know that Allah and other manmade gods are false.

Exodus 3:13-15.
13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.”
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Isaiah 52:6
Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I.”

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus ........peace be upon him.

The Lord Jesus Christ is God. The Holy Bible, which was written only by Israelite prophets (w/Luke the proselyte) is in contention with the Koran. They are in compatible. They can not both be true, from a logic point of view.

Do you put your trust in the finished work of God?

CherubRam

If Mohammad was truly a man of God, he would have known the personal name of God. Mohammad was not a good man, he was a theif, a liar, a murderer, an extortionist, a false prophet, a pedifile, and who knows what else.

CherubRam

The Lord Jesus Christ is God. The Holy Bible, which was written only by Israelite prophets (w/Luke the proselyte) is in contention with the Koran. They are in compatible. They can not both be true, from a logic point of view.

Do you put your trust in the finished work of God?

Yahshua said he was "a god" from the kingdom of heaven. John 10:36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?