Stoning of the Devil

egyptianmuslim

Because Mohammad did not know the personal name of God, that is how we know he was a false prophet. By knowing Yahwah is the true God we can know that Allah and other manmade gods are false.

Exodus 3:13-15.
13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.”
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Isaiah 52:6
Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I.”

Ok, why did Arabic christians before islam till now, refer to God by Allah orally and in Bible ????
ة

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Where is YHWH as the personal name of God???

Exodus 3:13 Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?"
14 God replied to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM," and then said, "Tell the Israelis: 'I AM sent me to you.'"

The tetragrammaton (from Greek τετραγράμματον, meaning "(consisting) of four letters")[1][2] is the Hebrew theonym יהוה, commonly transliterated into Latin letters as YHWH. It is one of the names of the national God of the Israelites used in the Hebrew Bible.[3][4][5]

Yahweh is the pronunciation of the transliteration YHWH most widely accepted by Hebrew scholars. The Samaritans understand the pronunciation to be iabe. Some patristic sources give evidence for a Greek spelling iaō.[6]

The name may be derived from a verb that means "to be", "exist", "become", or "come to pass".[1][7]

In other words " I AM"

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Which of course comes to this that Jesus stated - showing Him saying He is God:

John 8:24 “I said therefore to you, that you shall die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins.”

There is no he in the greek there, which is why some translations italicize the he part, the he isnt in the greek, it just says unless you believe "I AM".

This is why they wanted to stone Jesus for blasphemy later in the passage, they understood completely that He had just called Himself God, by the very name given to moses by God in the desert.

I pray that you come to recognize who Jesus really is in Spirit and Truth that you might not die in your sins. He is God, not a mere man or a mere prophet.

CherubRam

Ok, why did Arabic christians before islam till now, refer to God by Allah orally and in Bible ????
ة

There was a time when the Arabs did know the name of the God of Abraham as Yahwah. See below.

ARCHAEOLOGY. MOABITE STONE OF MESHA 930 BC.

Moabite Stone
I am Mesha, son of Kemoshmelek, the king of Moab, the Dibonite. My father was king over Moab for thirty years, and I became king after my father.
And I made this high place for Kemosh in Qarhar . . . because of the deliverance of Mesha, and because he has saved me from all the kings and because he caused me to see [my desire] upon all who hated me. Omri, king of Israel -- he oppressed Moab many days, because Kemosh was angry with his land.
And his son succeeded him, and he also said I will oppress Moab. In my day he spoke according to this word, but I saw my desire upon him and upon his house, and Israel utterly perished forever.
Now Omri had possessed all the land of Medeba and dwelt in it his days and half the days of his son, forty years, but Kemosh restored it in my day. And I built Baal-meon and I made in it the reservoir and I built Kiryathaim. And the men of Gad had dwelt in the land of Ataroth from of old and the king of Israel had built for himself Ataroth. And I foutht against the city and took it, and I slew all the people of the city, a sight pleasing to Kemosh and to Moab.
And I brought back from there the altar-hearth of Duda and I dragged it before Kemosh in Kiryoth. And I caused to dwell in it the men of Sharon and the men of Meharoth (?).
And Kemosh said to me: "Go take Nebo against Israel"; and I went by night and fought against it from break of dawn till noon, and I took it and slew all, seven thousand men, boys (?), and women, and girls, for I had devoted it to the Ashtar of Kemosh.
And I took from there the altar-hearths of Yahwah, and I dragged them before Kemosh. And the king of Israel built Jabaz and dwelt in it while he fought with me, and Kemosh drove him out from before me. And I took from Moab two hundred men, all its chiefs, and I led them against Jahaz and took it to add unto Dibon.
And I built Qarhar (?), the wall of the forests and the wall of the hill; and I built its gates and I built its towers, and I built the kings house, and I made the sluices (?) for the reservoir of water in the midst of the city.
And there was no cistern in the midst of the city, in Qarhar (?); and I said to all the people: "Make you each a cistern in his house;" and I cut the cuttings for Qarhar (?) with the help of the prisoners of Israel. I built Aroer and I made the highway by the Arnon. And I built Beth-bamoth, for it had been destroyed. And I built Bezer, for it was in ruins....(Chi) of Dibon were fifty, for all Dibon was obedient. And I ruled. And I ruled a hundred....in the cities which I had added to the land. And I built [Mede] and Beth-Diblathan. And [as for] Beth-baal-meon, there I placed sheep-raisers....sheep of the land... And [as for] Horonaim there dwelt in it....and.....Kemosh said unto me: "Go down, fight against Horonaim," and I went down and....Kemosh in my day, and from there.....and I.......

CherubRam

Exodus 3:13 Then Moses said to God, "Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you.' Now they may say to me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?"
14 God replied to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM," and then said, "Tell the Israelis: 'I AM sent me to you.'"

In other words " I AM"

"I Am" is an English word, it is not in Greek or Hebrew.

CherubRam

Most bibles have removed the name of God so people would not know it. They replaced the name of God with "The Lord" in most places.

13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.”
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

lukecash12

ة

This is a good question, and the answer is fairly simple. El and Elohim/אלהים, which respectively mean "majesty/dominion" and "plural of majesty/dominion", are the oldest names for the Lord in the Tanakh/OT.

One of the best ancient authorities on linguistics was Avicenna, an Arabic Muslim philosopher during the Golden Age of Islam (when Muslim scholars embraced Aristotelian philosophy). He wrote commentaries on Muslim theology as well as Aristotle's works, especially Metaphysics, in both Arabic and Greek. The word Allah itself is a compound word that he famously explained with this phrase: ὁ θεὸς μόνος, ho theos monos. What it means is "the sole deity".

Our Lord is most definitely the only Lord, and He is one. So, Allah can be an appropriate name for Him, as it defines Him correctly. According to Avicenna and other well established historical facts (such as Mohammed's father being named Abd-Allah), the word predates Islam. However, Arabic Christians today prefer to use this word in order to refer to God the Father, saying "Allah/God al/the-Ab/father".

So, in summation: Allah is simply the Arabic pronunciation, of the same word originally used for God by the first Hebrew people.

lukecash12

Another excellent question that deserves an answer, my friend.

Yahweh
/hayah/I-Am/אהיה is the only name that God gave on the occasion that He was actually asked His name. He first says I-AM/hayah who/'aher I-AM/hayah to express how that what was normally thought of as a verb meaning "to exist", is actually an appropriate name for Him, hence the insertion of "who". After using that explanatory linguistic device He tells Moses simply to say to the people of Israel "I AM has sent me to you".

Exodus 3:13-14

13 Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

It is a profound name for God, because it manages to express both His immanence and transcendence at the same time. Wherever the question can be asked, God simply is.

CherubRam

This is a good question, and the answer is fairly simple. El and Elohim/אלהים, which respectively mean "majesty/dominion" and "plural of majesty/dominion", are the oldest names for the Lord in the Tanakh/OT.

One of the best ancient authorities on linguistics was Avicenna, an Arabic Muslim philosopher during the Golden Age of Islam (when Muslim scholars embraced Aristotelian philosophy). He wrote commentaries on Muslim theology as well as Aristotle's works, especially Metaphysics, in both Arabic and Greek. The word Allah itself is a compound word that he famously explained with this phrase: ὁ θεὸς μόνος, ho theos monos. What it means is "the sole deity".

Our Lord is most definitely the only Lord, and He is one. So, Allah can be an appropriate name for Him, as it defines Him correctly. According to Avicenna and other well established historical facts (such as Mohammed's father being named Abd-Allah), the word predates Islam. However, Arabic Christians today prefer to use this word in order to refer to God the Father, saying "Allah/God al/the-Ab/father".

So, in summation: Allah is simply the Arabic pronunciation, of the same word originally used for God by the first Hebrew people.

That is not true. Originally God was called in Aramaic "IL" for god, and Elohiym, which means in the ancient Aramaic "God of the living."

CherubRam

Yahweh
/hayah/I-Am/אהיה is the only name that God gave on the occasion that He was actually asked His name. He first says I-AM/hayah who/'aher I-AM/hayah to express how that what was normally thought of as a verb meaning "to exist", is actually an appropriate name for Him, hence the insertion of "who". After using that explanatory linguistic device He tells Moses simply to say to the people of Israel "I AM has sent me to you".

13 Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” 14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

It is a profound name for God, because it manages to express both His immanence and transcendence at the same time. Wherever the question can be asked, God simply is.

Wrong again. The Hebrews spoke Aramaic, a form of the proto semetic before it diverged into Hebrew. The word "I Am" is not in Aramaic, Greek, or Hebrew. God originally said, "The living (who/that) lives." That is one of the most important doctrines, because the other gods were manmade of sticks and stones, or astrological signs, like the sun and moon. God is a living being, and is a main doctrinal point in the Abrahamic faith.

CherubRam

Because Mohammad did not know the personal name of God, that is how we know he was a false prophet. By knowing Yahwah is the true God we can know that Allah and other manmade gods are false.

Isaiah 52:6
Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I.”

If Mohammad was truly a man of God, he would have known the personal name of God. Mohammad was not a good man, he was a theif, a liar, a murderer, an extortionist, a false prophet, a pedifile, and who knows what else.

Yahshua said he was "a god" from the kingdom of heaven. John 10:36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

There was a time when the Arabs did know the name of the God of Abraham as Yahwah. See below.

ARCHAEOLOGY. MOABITE STONE OF MESHA 930 BC.

Moabite Stone
I am Mesha, son of Kemoshmelek, the king of Moab, the Dibonite. My father was king over Moab for thirty years, and I became king after my father.
And I made this high place for Kemosh in Qarhar . . . because of the deliverance of Mesha, and because he has saved me from all the kings and because he caused me to see [my desire] upon all who hated me. Omri, king of Israel -- he oppressed Moab many days, because Kemosh was angry with his land.
And his son succeeded him, and he also said I will oppress Moab. In my day he spoke according to this word, but I saw my desire upon him and upon his house, and Israel utterly perished forever.
Now Omri had possessed all the land of Medeba and dwelt in it his days and half the days of his son, forty years, but Kemosh restored it in my day. And I built Baal-meon and I made in it the reservoir and I built Kiryathaim. And the men of Gad had dwelt in the land of Ataroth from of old and the king of Israel had built for himself Ataroth. And I foutht against the city and took it, and I slew all the people of the city, a sight pleasing to Kemosh and to Moab.
And I brought back from there the altar-hearth of Duda and I dragged it before Kemosh in Kiryoth. And I caused to dwell in it the men of Sharon and the men of Meharoth (?).
And Kemosh said to me: "Go take Nebo against Israel"; and I went by night and fought against it from break of dawn till noon, and I took it and slew all, seven thousand men, boys (?), and women, and girls, for I had devoted it to the Ashtar of Kemosh.
And I took from there the altar-hearths of Yahwah, and I dragged them before Kemosh. And the king of Israel built Jabaz and dwelt in it while he fought with me, and Kemosh drove him out from before me. And I took from Moab two hundred men, all its chiefs, and I led them against Jahaz and took it to add unto Dibon.
And I built Qarhar (?), the wall of the forests and the wall of the hill; and I built its gates and I built its towers, and I built the kings house, and I made the sluices (?) for the reservoir of water in the midst of the city.
And there was no cistern in the midst of the city, in Qarhar (?); and I said to all the people: "Make you each a cistern in his house;" and I cut the cuttings for Qarhar (?) with the help of the prisoners of Israel. I built Aroer and I made the highway by the Arnon. And I built Beth-bamoth, for it had been destroyed. And I built Bezer, for it was in ruins....(Chi) of Dibon were fifty, for all Dibon was obedient. And I ruled. And I ruled a hundred....in the cities which I had added to the land. And I built [Mede] and Beth-Diblathan. And [as for] Beth-baal-meon, there I placed sheep-raisers....sheep of the land... And [as for] Horonaim there dwelt in it....and.....Kemosh said unto me: "Go down, fight against Horonaim," and I went down and....Kemosh in my day, and from there.....and I.......

"I Am" is an English word, it is not in Greek or Hebrew.

Most bibles have removed the name of God so people would not know it. They replaced the name of God with "The Lord" in most places.

Would you Pagan and Gnostic Christians please keep quiet for a while?

egyptianmuslim

I agree with you.
Thanks

egyptianmuslim

Yahweh

Also Quran refers to God as Who, and God refer to himself as We...... Who did send me" Moses"

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Koran is false. That is what matters. The Koran and the Holy Bible cannot both be true from a logic perspective. The final religion is a hoax.