Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My son had to pass a reading proficiency test before he could take his driver's test since he was homeschooled. HELLLLLOOOOO???!!! If he can pass the written part of the test, doesn't that mean he can read? What a waste! :nono:

the Sibbie

HAHA! I think some of the people who established that requirement need to take an IQ test....or else a reasoning skills test. :darwinsm: :sibbie:

Elaine

Re: Stupid requirement for homeschooler taking drivers test

Originally posted by Poly
My son had to pass a reading proficiency test before he could take his driver's test since he was homeschooled. HELLLLLOOOOO???!!! If he can pass the written part of the test, doesn't that mean he can read? What a waste! :nono:
:kookoo: :down:

ShadowMaid

Thats odd, my sis didn't have to take that test. I've never even heard of it.

It's dumb anyways, though.:kookoo:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
: laughing:

I suspect if they pass the class in fed school they are assured the new wannabe driver can read. Sounds like discrimination to me :) But, please, don't let anything I have to say on either reading or driving have any weight, I am from Indiana where the majority can do neither proficiently :)

PureX

The puzzling thing is that they would assume that a home-schooled child would be the less likely one to be able to read. I'm betting that there are a lot more kids who got passed through public schools without learning to read than were ever home-schooled that badly.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nineveh
: laughing:

I suspect if they pass the class in fed school they are assured the new wannabe driver can read. Sounds like discrimination to me :) But, please, don't let anything I have to say on either reading or driving have any weight, I am from Indiana where the majority can do neither proficiently :)

:chuckle:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Re: Stupid requirement for homeschooler taking drivers test

Is anyone else having trouble reading what Poly wrote? What does "profishincy" means? They dint learn me that one at mine public hiy shcool.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Stupid requirement for homeschooler taking drivers test

Re: Re: Stupid requirement for homeschooler taking drivers test

Originally posted by Lucky8
Is anyone else having trouble reading what Poly wrote? What does "profishincy" means?
Man, don't you know anything?? It's a test to see what kind of fish you know how to catch! :nono:
It's pro fishin', see?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Stupid requirement for homeschooler taking drivers test

>Man, don't you know anything??

It's the gubermints fault that I'm so :kookoo:

>It's a test to see what kind of fish you know how to catch! :nono:

In that case:
Redfish, flounder, catfish, and trout are the typical catches I make, when I'm lucky.

>It's pro fishin', see?

"I see," says the blind man. :cool:

shilohproject

It's pro fishin', see?
Clever. I can't believe I bit on that one!:bannana: