Texas bans Sharia laws

Jose Fly

WOAI State Sen. Donna Campbell (R-New Braunfels) doesn’t mention Islamic Koranic law, or ‘Sharia Law’ in her bill. She simply says it guarantees that no laws fro ‘foreign courts’ will be adopted by Texas civil court judges.

So it's a bill, not a law? And I guess by the same token, it will ban the use or citation of Biblical laws in civil courts as well.

IOW, Texas is poised to ban the Bible. :rotfl:

rexlunae

So it's a bill, not a law? And I guess by the same token, it will ban the use or citation of Biblical laws in civil courts as well.

IOW, Texas is poised to ban the Bible. :rotfl:

The Bible, English Common Law, who knows what else they could ban?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Texas Passes Law Permanently Banning Muslim Sharia Laws

Good. Now let's hope some judge does not reverse it as they did when many states voted, by the people, mind you, to outlaw homo marriage. then the Supremacists overruled the will of the people by legal meandering.

What ever happened to a government by the people, for the people?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Good. Now let's hope some judge does not reverse it as they did when many states voted, by the people, mind you, to outlaw homo marriage. then the Supremacists overruled the will of the people by legal meandering.

A lot of the people didn't learn what that meant.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (above).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Muhammad is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah, the moon god of Islam is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls’ clitoris should be cut (per Muhammad’s words in Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, but a man can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife but a woman needs her husband’s consent to divorce.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman’s testimony in court, allowed only in property cases, carries half the weight of a man’s.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to be eaten must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah – i.e., be Halal.
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Arthur Brain

Yes, well, it's pretty hideous. And unforgivable. And I'll be stunned if anyone is fired for this, let alone resigns.

USA. USA. USA.

But by all means, while things fall apart, let's encourage the states to do something like banning sharia law. Best to keep our eye on priorities. Right?

People like Musty need a reality check...

I sure hope there is accountability for the above, as well as safeguards to ensure it can't happen again or elsewhere...

TracerBullet

Are you talking about segregation or interracial marriage?

"People" would include those people you don't happen to like

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Looks like a meaningless nullity to me. Courts don't usually pass laws, even in other countries, and even if they did, there aren't really any cases where they could become binding on Texas unless via the route of federal treaties, in which case Texas wouldn't have any power to exempt itself. Also, the United States is a common law country, which means that the most obvious place this could have a meaningful impact is in the English legal traditions that the nation, and the state of Texas, take for granted. So, it would probably be more accurate to say that Texas just banned the Magna Carta than Sharia. This is more about messaging to the base, and perhaps anti-Muslim paranoia than real law, and is a great example of what happens when idiots write laws.

Also, given that this was apparently sparked by an Islamic religious tribunal set up to adjudicate divorces voluntarily between Muslims, I'm somewhat amused by the newfound zeal Christian right-wingers have found for defending the secular, civil nature of marriage. It seems to me that when the question was equality of marriage for LGBT people, that wasn't much of a concern for them.

:blabla:

God Bless Texas!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (above).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Muhammad is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah, the moon god of Islam is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls’ clitoris should be cut (per Muhammad’s words in Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, but a man can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife but a woman needs her husband’s consent to divorce.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman’s testimony in court, allowed only in property cases, carries half the weight of a man’s.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to be eaten must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah – i.e., be Halal.
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

Now those are some rules that leftist can get behind...given that they seem to be islam's greatest supporters.

Arthur Brain

Now those are some rules that leftist can get behind...given that they seem to be islam's greatest supporters.

According to dingbats like Musty I won't have much choice but to be living in a sharia state in my own town before too long but I do expect a bit more common sense from you RM, not only in that silly regard but in your equal stupidity in regards to the above...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
According to dingbats like Musty I won't have much choice but to be living in a sharia state in my own town before too long but I do expect a bit more common sense from you RM, not only in that silly regard but in your equal stupidity in regards to the above...

That's right Art, in just a matter of months you will be surrounded by muslims and living under their rule.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

My comment was sarcasm...maybe you just didn't catch that. :plain: