That's so gay.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The nice thing about forum discussions is that they are visible to all, and any member can reply to any other, regardless of to whom the original comment was directed.
What makes you say that?

Why are you talking to me?

The Heretic wondered...:noid:...and wondered some more.​

Who are you?

Could he be serious?

:chew:...mmm, tacos!

koban

You have way too much time on your hands!

Worthy of inclusion in the :spam: Spammer's Hall of Fame!​

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:flamer:

:flamer:​

Memento Mori

It's target practice. :)

:CRASH: :flamer:

Does that mean you're going to shoot your screen? Well, if you do, make sure you get 'em all. If the screen goes black and sparks start flying that means they're escaping and you should just shoot randomly towards the computer rapidly.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does that mean you're going to shoot your screen? Well, if you do, make sure you get 'em all. If the screen goes black and sparks start flying that means they're escaping and you should just shoot randomly towards the computer rapidly.
Don't be an idiot.

All you do is lift up your mouse and use the laser light thingy under it.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You can be Christian and conservative and still think President Bush ruined this country and that Rush Limbaugh is an ***.
We do.

P.S.
Implied profanity is not allowed on TOL. You really should read the rules before posting.

You might think it is original and funny to call all dissenting replies "gay", but it just shows that you're avoiding the arguments that you can't face up to. Childish, really.
Go get a sense of humor, and then come back.

That's so Egbert!
:rotfl:

>>> Who cares if it's considered bigotry? You'll never do away with that.<<<

Yes, but you people claim to be Christians.... Christianity was founded on the teachings of Jesus who was, by all accounts, the most tolerant and accepting person to ever live.
Then who called the Pharisees all manner of names? Who took a whip into the temple and used it on the money changers, and overturned their tables? Who called one of his top disciples, "satan"? Who called a Gentile woman a dog? And accused a mixed woman [Jew and Gentile] of serial monogamy and fornication, possibly adultery? Who stated that Judas had a greater sin than the man who allowed Him to be crucified?

Do you not think that calling yourself a follower of this man that perhaps you should, in fact, FOLLOW HIS LEAD?
See above.

Do you not understand that calling yourselves Christians and then spewing hatred toward or about ANYONE just gives ALL Christians a bad name.
Is Jesus Christ God?

If you think so then you need to read Psalm 5:4-6. And even check out Psalm 139:19-22.

Gee.... sorta like the fundamentalist Muslims give all Muslims a bad name.
But then, you probably hate Muslims, too.... so I'm probably wasting my time even typing this.
They hate Christians. Even the calmest ones. But I think they might hate Jews more.

And seeing as how fundamentalist means one who believes in the fundamentals of something, a fundamentalist Muslim believes in the fundamentals of Islam: the basics of the belief system that are found in what they consider to be holy scriptures. So it is their book that gives them a bad name. For if one does not believe the fundamentals of Islam then they are not a Muslim.

So, yes, I do have a hatred for those who claim to embrace God and then reject Jesus Christ. So I hate Muslims. But I don't want them to go to Hell. I love them too much to see that happen. So I will speak the truth. And if they think that is hateful, that is on them. For the truth is hate to those who hate the truth.

So, just like God and David, I hate those who hate God.

Arthur Brain

Then who called the Pharisees all manner of names? Who took a whip into the temple and used it on the money changers, and overturned their tables? Who called one of his top disciples, "satan"? Who called a Gentile woman a dog? And accused a mixed woman [Jew and Gentile] of serial monogamy and fornication, possibly adultery? Who stated that Judas had a greater sin than the man who allowed Him to be crucified?

You persist in trying to justify your obnoxiouness and it doesn't work. The pharisees and teachers of the law were the legalists of their day. They exercised their power at the expense of the people. Jesus confronted them with their hypocrisy in light of this. A far cry from calling them "morons".

Yes, Jesus was angry with moneylenders. They shouldn't have been there profiting and using the temple to rip people off. So?

Did Jesus cast Peter away? Did he mindlessly insult him or rebuke him?

Jesus did not call a caanite woman a dog. That simply didn't happen if you actually bother to read the passage. It's also telling that as a result of the woman's reply and faith Jesus healed her daughter from her affliction. How very insulting :rolleyes:

I have no idea to whom the mixed lady you refer. It seems rather contradictory to accuse her both of serial monogamy and adultery... :squint:

Jesus' comment about Judas was not an insult, rather a fact. He didn't call him a moron.

You've posted half a dozen examples which don't come in anywhere near the same bracket as the stupid insults you hurl around here because of arrogance and immaturity. I wonder how many examples of Jesus having compassion and kindness could be illustrated in return. Several I would venture. So why don't you start showing some of that?

DocJohnson

I can't tell if you are being obtuse, or just evasive. My point was that the usage of a homosexual-related term as a mild insult/scoff was not related to the corruption of "gay," so it does not make sense to regard it as a "consequence."

Au contraire. It is because the homosexuals have corrupted the word "gay" that it is now used as a so-called insult. That is the consequence.

If you could separate bigotry from all the actions that it encourages, then sure, you could call it harmless (except perhaps to the individual who harbors it). That is not how people work, however. Thoughts translate to actions. Where people feel bigotry towards one another, there will be more conflict and less efficiency.

Not so. "Having a spine" means having strong character, and channeling and controlling your emotions for good, not denying their existence.

:duh: People with strong characters don't allow name-calling to affect them personally. That was the whole point of encouraging strong characters in youngsters.

And how exactly would you disallow them?

If you don't know how, then you're lacking a strong character.

Egbert

It is because the homosexuals have corrupted the word "gay" that it is now used as a so-called insult.

So what? You've just come full circle by evading the point yet again. The original usurpation of "gay" is the reason that that particular word is now used as an demeaning term. If the homosexuals chose a different word ("homosexual", for instance), whatever word they chose would likely have been corrupted as well (e.g., "so homo").

:duh: People with strong characters don't allow name-calling to affect them personally. That was the whole point of encouraging strong characters in youngsters.

If you don't know how, then you're lacking a strong character.

In short, you believe that those with strong characters are sociopaths. Okay. I'll use "strong character" to describe a healthy state of mind, and you go ahead and use it to describe a state of denial or emotional and mental detachment.