APA’s Committee on Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual
Concerns (“LGB Concerns Committee”) established a
Task Force on Non-Homophobic Research, which
produced detailed guidelines on avoiding research
determined to be “heterosexist”, defined as
“conceptualizing human experience in strictly
heterosexual terms and consequently ignoring,
invalidating, or derogating homosexual behaviors

Also in brief there is a large sample study conducted in 2015 on the effects that same sex parenting has on children. This was produced after the graph in the Amicus.

Serious emotional problems
Developmental Disability
Medical Treatment for Emotional Problems
Opposite Sex Parents
Same sex parents

Full article here

I would encourage you to the read the Amicus Brief. For me it was enlightening.

Amicus brief here

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
fascinating - and we all predicted this

thanks for sharing Sherman - I'll read it more thoroughly after my last abnormal psych class in twenty minutes! :banana:

Quetzal

Serious emotional problems
Developmental Disability
Medical Treatment for Emotional Problems
Opposite Sex Parents
Same sex parents
A big element they missed is how the same sex parents acquired the child and how those compare, respectfully. A surrogate for males, sperm donation for females, or adoption for each. I would be willing to bet the change in my pocket that if a majority of the children were adopted, these numbers make sense not entirely based on the fact their guardians are gay, but also because they may have had pre-existing experiences related to the adoption/foster process.

brewmama

A big element they missed is how the same sex parents acquired the child and how those compare, respectfully. A surrogate for males, sperm donation for females, or adoption for each. I would be willing to bet the change in my pocket that if a majority of the children were adopted, these numbers make sense not entirely based on the fact their guardians are gay, but also because they may have had pre-existing experiences related to the adoption/foster process.

Just more ammunition against the argument that gay couples now have a "right" to have children, if not the biological ability. Well-being of the children be damned when self-centered egoists put themselves first.

Quetzal

Just more ammunition against the argument that gay couples now have a "right" to have children, if not the biological ability. Well-being of the children be damned when self-centered egoists put themselves first.
I do not think many people have kids with their own ego first, the entire experience is the exact opposite, right?

TracerBullet

A snippet from the amicus brief from the American college of Pediatrics
I think you are confusing the American College of Pediatrics with the American Academy of Pediatrics. The American College of Pediatrics has less than 50 active members, most of whom aren't actually pediatricians.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
This is a blatant pack of lies which would actually be DISPUTED by the vast majority of reputable psychiatrists and psychologists . There is not one shred of evidence that being raised by gay parents is in any way harmful to children, as long as they are good parents, which most gay parents are .
Zero evidence that children are at risk of being sexually molested , no more than for heterosexual parents, and some heterosexual parents DO abuse their children sexually .
It's impossible for gay parents to "make their children gay " because sexual preference is innate . Those who claim gay parents will "turn their kids gay " are as mistaken as people who say that being around tall people all the time will make you tall .
This report is nothing but fear and hate mongering .

TracerBullet

This is a blatant pack of lies which would actually be DISPUTED by the vast majority of reputable psychiatrists and psychologists . There is not one shred of evidence that being raised by gay parents is in any way harmful to children, as long as they are good parents, which most gay parents are .
Zero evidence that children are at risk of being sexually molested , no more than for heterosexual parents, and some heterosexual parents DO abuse their children sexually .
It's impossible for gay parents to "make their children gay " because sexual preference is innate . Those who claim gay parents will "turn their kids gay " are as mistaken as people who say that being around tall people all the time will make you tall .
This report is nothing but fear and hate mongering .

the American College of Pediatrics is obviously misrepresenting research to further their own agenda.

What is truly funny is how the actual study Sherman talks about concludes things like: "Comorbidities with general emotional problems and defiance behavior were standard. ADHD risk with same-sex parents was reduced among adopted children (OR 0.54 95% CL .27-1.1), null in the presence of parent psychological distress, and substantially elevated in the presence of stigmatization (OR 7.3 95% CL 1.4-38.1). In same-sex families, children with ADHD were over seven times (OR 7.5 95% CL 1.2-46.8) more likely to suffer stigmatization due to impaired interpersonal coping skills.

Conclusion: Diagnostic intake for ADHD should include parent sexual orientation, and treatment programs should include resources to bolster anti-victimization skills, particularly for children with same-sex parents. Results suggest the presence of shared genetic factors for same-sex attraction and ADHD, though more research is needed to confirm.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
the American College of Pediatrics is obviously misrepresenting research to further their own agenda.

The CDC has stated that the homosexual lifestyle is fraught with violence.

The Centers for Disease Control's "National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey" (NISVS) has found that homosexuals disproportionately suffer violence, and inflict violence on one another.
The CDC survey is the first of its kind to present comparisons of victimization by sexual orientation for men and women. Its data indicate that homosexuals experience sexual violence at much higher rates than heterosexual men and women
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cdc-gay-lifestyle-fraught-with-violence
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4417537&postcount=9

Surely you wouldn't want innocent children exposed to violence as well as moral debauchery would you TB?

12 Ways Homosexual Adults Endanger Children
http://barbwire.com/2014/06/04/twelve-ways-homosexual-adults-endanger-children/

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Using the American College of Pediatrics as a source of information on homosexual marriage is like aCW using a white supremacist website as a source of information on MLK Jr.

Try to focus on one thing at a time here little fella. We can talk about MLK Jr.'s communist ties, abortion stance, fake Christian doctrine and his ahem...'friendship' with a known homosexual come January, right now we're talking about how children aren't safe around faggots.

WizardofOz

Using the American College of Pediatrics as a source of information on homosexual marriage is like aCW using a white supremacist website as a source of information on MLK Jr.

:rotfl: how many times has he used garbage sources? I recall when he not once but twice quoted a source that was openly mocking his position.

He's quite the 'authority' when it comes to debate :chuckle:

It's almost like there is a source on the Internet to support every position ever made...Confirmation bias?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
:rotfl: how many times has he used garbage sources? I recall when he not once but twice quoted a source that was openly mocking his position.

He's quite the 'authority' when it comes to debate :chuckle:

It's almost like there is a source on the Internet to support every position ever made...Confirmation bias?

We're in a thread that talks about the harm that homosexuality brings to children Aaron. Would you care to take a side?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
We're in a thread that talks about the harm that homosexuality brings to children Aaron. Would you care to take a side?

Truth versus deceit...everyone knows which side you chose.

Any position you argue in favor of loses credibility.

Since I stand for decency, I guess that means that you're taking the side of homosexuals being allowed to adopt children.

I can't help but notice that my 4 part thread has taken quite a toll on you Aaron.

TracerBullet

The CDC has stated that the homosexual lifestyle is fraught with violence.

The Centers for Disease Control's "National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey" (NISVS) has found that homosexuals disproportionately suffer violence, and inflict violence on one another.
The CDC survey is the first of its kind to present comparisons of victimization by sexual orientation for men and women. Its data indicate that homosexuals experience sexual violence at much higher rates than heterosexual men and women
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cdc-gay-lifestyle-fraught-with-violence
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4417537&postcount=9
Lifesitenews is not exactly known for it's accuracy or it's integrity.

According to the CDC prior to 2014 there was no way to actually report such findings as the 2010 survey data "does not establish whether a particular episode involved opposite-sex or same-sex intimate partners. However, the combination of data elements 2.102 Sex of Victim and 4.302 Sex of Perpetrator of Most Recent Episode of Intimate Partner Violence can be used to identify whether the most
recent episode involved opposite-sex or same-sex intimate partners."
INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE SURVEILLANCE UNIFORM DEFINITIONS AND RECOMMENDED DATA ELEMENTS 2014

Surely you wouldn't want innocent children exposed to violence as well as moral debauchery would you TB?

12 Ways Homosexual Adults Endanger Children
http://barbwire.com/2014/06/04/twelve-ways-homosexual-adults-endanger-children/

you tried to pass this of as factual before...no one bought it