The coronavirus scam

Arthur Brain

Do you have your own place.... a few rooms?
I feel most sorry for those who live in bedsits... and those with limited funds.
And I think we've started to hold back some free food and essentials to those who need them. Yet a wealthy lady near me applied for food parcels during the spring lockdown and she got them.... and moaned about the contents.

We'll all be locked down before Christmas.

I've got my own place and there's no problem getting supplies, it's just gonna be another fun time...the local pub will have to shut again because the only ones that are allowed to stay open are ones that serve "substantial food" like Wetherspoons. Depending how long this one lasts it might have to close along with others full stop. It's unbelievable how some people can whine when they're getting stuff for free isn't it?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I'm in Texas. Bars and liquor stores are essential services.

Or were. Gov. Abbott glanced at the polls and the booming increase in COVID-19 infections, and shut down the bars.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
A record spike in coronavirus hospitalizations pushing many hospitals to capacity.

And Dementia Don says we're "rounding the turn." His son says "deaths are almost nothing." More than a thousand people died of COVID-19 the day he made that claim.

way 2 go

A record spike in coronavirus hospitalizations pushing many hospitals to capacity.

And Dementia Don says we're "rounding the turn." His son says "deaths are almost nothing." More than a thousand people died of COVID-19 the day he made that claim.
so like 60 of wuflu alone

in 2018 655,381 died of heart disease that's 1795 a day

@ 161,000 only 9000 died of the wuflu alone (6%)

but don't let the facts get in the way of your doom and gloom narrative .

eider

I've got my own place and there's no problem getting supplies, it's just gonna be another fun time..
Good. At least you have financial and domestic security and safety.
You're just going to have to dig out all the film 'oldies'..... review the lot! :D

.the local pub will have to shut again because the only ones that are allowed to stay open are ones that serve "substantial food" like Wetherspoons. Depending how long this one lasts it might have to close along with others full stop.
My Dad's life revolved around the local. All our meal times fell in with pub closing times.
So he would have utterly hated this whole year past.
So from your comments past and present I can perceive how you might have been affected by all this.

Very slowly my lifestyle shifted away from pub-community to the home, and the strange thing is, that those two months in spring when my wife was in furlough and we were locked down...... those were really good times. True.

It's unbelievable how some people can whine when they're getting stuff for free isn't it?
It's totally crazy. Some of our friends who got furlough 80% wages and topped up by their companies were moaning, and some who were kept on to work full-time were moaning because they didn't get a massive full-pay holiday. People just moan....... their loss.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
That's great news. More cases = more herd immunity.

More deaths. That might be great news for some people, but not for that quarter-million Americans who died, or their families.

And more cases = an even lower percentage of deaths.

Well, let's take a look...

Closed Cases

Cases which had an outcome:
6,029,935 (96%)Recovered / Discharged

235,420 (4%)Deaths

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Not so far. That 4% death rate has been pretty stable.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Trump, facing loss of the election and criminal prosecutions, is now flailing wildly, hoping some story will stick...

President Donald Trump repeated an unfounded accusation at a campaign rally in Michigan on Friday, asserting U.S. doctors are misrepresenting the number of coronavirus fatalities because they receive "like $2,000 more" if they report Covid-19 as the cause of a patient's death, a baseless charge that has angered many in the medical community.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...id-deaths-for-financial-gain/?sh=66bede307547

He's scared and lashing out blindly.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Trump, facing loss of the election and criminal prosecutions, is now flailing wildly, hoping some story will stick...

President Donald Trump repeated an unfounded accusation at a campaign rally in Michigan on Friday, asserting U.S. doctors are misrepresenting the number of coronavirus fatalities because they receive "like $2,000 more" if they report Covid-19 as the cause of a patient's death, a baseless charge that has angered many in the medical community.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...id-deaths-for-financial-gain/?sh=66bede307547

:darwinsm:

The master of projection :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

What a clown...

:freak:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
'We are broken': Montana health care workers battle growing Covid outbreak

NBC News was granted rare access inside the ICU at St. Vincent hospital in Billings to show the pandemic’s devastating impact on rural areas.

BILLINGS, Mont. — It happened so fast, Joey Traywick missed it.

“I've been doing this for a long time” he said. “I know how much time I have.”

But not this time. Traywick, a 48-year-old registered nurse, had misjudged how acute his patient's illness was. By the time he returned to her room, she was gone.

She had died alone.

“And I thought, ‘I'm never going to let that happen again,’” Traywick said, choking back tears. “It snuck up on me, and it surprised me because it's so relentless. … I (no longer) miss it. If I have to stay late after working, if it means doing it on my day off. They're not going to pass alone on my unit. Again. None of them.”

Since then, Traywick said he’s personally held hands with 23 patients who have died.

“I never thought it would happen here,” he said. “I never thought we would be anywhere close to where we are now. ... I'm a good nurse — and the nurses I work with are good nurses — but we are broken.”

Health care workers are frustrated that many people are not following basic public health guidelines, such as wearing masks. This summer, Montana’s governor imposed a mask mandate, but it’s been difficult to enforce in many parts of the state.

As the winter and flu season takes hold, health care workers are most worried about staffing. What if they get sick? What if a relative gets sick, and they have to quarantine, keeping them at home for days? Will there be enough traveling nurses to go around as the virus surges simultaneously in several parts of the country?

“I would use the word ‘crisis,” absolutely,” said Michael Skehan, St. Vincent’s chief operating officer.

ok doser

NBC News was granted rare access inside the ICU at St. Vincent hospital in Billings to show the pandemic’s devastating impact on rural areas.

But not this time. Traywick, a 48-year-old registered nurse, had misjudged how acute his patient's illness was. By the time he returned to her room, she was gone.

She had died alone.

“And I thought, ‘I'm never going to let that happen again,’” Traywick said, choking back tears. “It snuck up on me, and it surprised me because it's so relentless. … I (no longer) miss it. If I have to stay late after working, if it means doing it on my day off. They're not going to pass alone on my unit. Again. None of them.”

Since then, Traywick said he’s personally held hands with 23 patients who have died.

“I never thought it would happen here,” he said. “I never thought we would be anywhere close to where we are now. ... I'm a good nurse — and the nurses I work with are good nurses — but we are broken.”

Health care workers are frustrated that many people are not following basic public health guidelines, such as wearing masks. This summer, Montana’s governor imposed a mask mandate, but it’s been difficult to enforce in many parts of the state.

As the winter and flu season takes hold, health care workers are most worried about staffing. What if they get sick? What if a relative gets sick, and they have to quarantine, keeping them at home for days? Will there be enough traveling nurses to go around as the virus surges simultaneously in several parts of the country?

“I would use the word ‘crisis,” absolutely,” said Michael Skehan, St. Vincent’s chief operating officer.

Interesting breakdown - more than half are under 40. I don't see a breakdown wrt comorbidities.

https://dphhs.mt.gov/publichealth/cd...t/demographics

ok doser

You're just going to have to dig out all the film 'oldies'..... review the lot! :D

My Dad's life revolved around the local. All our meal times fell in with pub closing times.
So from your comments past and present I can perceive how you might have been affected by all this.

Very slowly my lifestyle shifted away from pub-community to the home, and the strange thing is, that those two months in spring when my wife was in furlough and we were locked down...... those were really good times. True.

It's totally crazy. Some of our friends who got furlough 80% wages and topped up by their companies were moaning, and some who were kept on to work full-time were moaning because they didn't get a massive full-pay holiday. People just moan....... their loss.

One month lockdown.

Stay sane.

Arthur Brain

She had died alone.

There's similar cases over here. Ignorant people have no idea of the toll this has taken on people who work on the front line where it comes to this.

Arthur Brain

And probably a lot of new ones as well. :D

Ah, I'll miss it during the next month or so, more for the local sense of community and regulars that frequent the place as much as for the fine ale...

Well, at least the government have kept the furlough scheme going while this new lockdown goes ahead.

eider

And probably a lot of new ones as well. :D

Ah, I'll miss it during the next month or so, more for the local sense of community and regulars that frequent the place as much as for the fine ale...
We only have aerial freeview telly, a dvd player and a humax recorder. But we have always kept films that we value and the humax is great.
My friends who value real ale and their 'locals' will be most sad, but my wife only occasionally drinks wine and I will have a Guinness now and then. I hope she gets furloughed again. :)

Well, at least the government have kept the furlough scheme going while this new lockdown goes ahead.
The government needs to think about the self-employed more. A friend runs his own taxi and he's spent a lot of his savings this year.