The coronavirus scam

expos4ever

And we want EV-I-DENCE that masks stop viruses.
From, yes, the "National Academy of Sciences":

The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected respiratory particles in both laboratory and clinical contexts. Public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high.

Now we'll sit back and see what elaborate fantasies about the deep state, or sinister councils meeting under starlight to plot our doom, will be brought forth to undermine the findings of this highly reputable body.

expos4ever

I suggest the following maxim captures what is going on when an anti-vaxxer / anti-masker / Covid denier tells us to look up the evidence to support their hare-brained theories:

"You look it up" means "I made it up"

marke

The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected respiratory particles in both laboratory and clinical contexts. Public mask wearing is most effective at reducing spread of the virus when compliance is high.

Now we'll sit back and see what elaborate fantasies about the deep state, or sinister councils meeting under starlight to plot our doom, will be brought forth to undermine the findings of this highly reputable body.
Here is how group-think mob ignorance and error becomes established science: First, the narrative hits the airwaves from biased sources with an agenda. Second, the public is pressured to get on board the erroneous narrative to avoid being ostracized. Third, paid officials in the public arena formulate initial supports for the narratives, manipulating and cropping data to give the appearance that the narratives are based upon scientific facts with no room for debate. Fourth, biased studies crafted to support the erroneous narratives are published in scientific journals managed by officials indebted to the political or business forces propagating the erroneous narratives.

That is how the lie of evolution became accepted by rubes as a scientific fact. That is how the lie of long billions of years ages became accepted as a scientific fact. That is how the lie of global warming has become accepted as a scientific fact. And so forth.

God is truth. Group-think lies are not truth.

marke

I'm more than willing to view substantial proof if you have any to bring, so the saying doesn't hold true in this case at all.
God said, if any be ignorant, let him be ignorant. He also said, leave them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind and all shall fall into the ditch.

Arthur Brain

God said, if any be ignorant, let him be ignorant. He also said, leave them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind and all shall fall into the ditch.
I've told you that I'm more than willing to view substantial proof if you had any to bring to the table so that doesn't fly. So far, you've provided sources that actually run contrary to your own posit somewhat ironically.

Arthur Brain

Here is how group-think mob ignorance and error becomes established science: First, the narrative hits the airwaves from biased sources with an agenda. Second, the public is pressured to get on board the erroneous narrative to avoid being ostracized. Third, paid officials in the public arena formulate initial supports for the narratives, manipulating and cropping data to give the appearance that the narratives are based upon scientific facts with no room for debate. Fourth, biased studies crafted to support the erroneous narratives are published in scientific journals managed by officials indebted to the political or business forces propagating the erroneous narratives.

That is how the lie of evolution became accepted by rubes as a scientific fact. That is how the lie of long billions of years ages became accepted as a scientific fact. That is how the lie of global warming has become accepted as a scientific fact. And so forth.

Scientific theories become established because of the evidence, it's as simple as that. This is just conspiracy laden stuff.

marke

I've told you that I'm more than willing to view substantial proof if you had any to bring to the table so that doesn't fly. So far, you've provided sources that actually run contrary to your own posit somewhat ironically.
I claim the coronavirus was developed in the Wuhan lab with support from other nations, including America. Those who claim I am wrong cannot prove me wrong because I am not wrong.

marke

Scientific theories become established because of the evidence, it's as simple as that. This is just conspiracy laden stuff.
Scientific theories that are built on biased assumptions should not be blindly accepted as facts, especially when scientific evidence brings those theories into serious doubt. Among scientific theories which are to be questioned because of scientific evidence contradicting those theories include evolution, global warming, masking mandates to stop the spread of coronavirus, extinction of dinosaurs due to a meteor strike, Grand Canyon formation formed by wild gyrations of tectonic plate movements in one spot while other nearby areas remain unchanged, and so forth.

Arthur Brain

I claim the coronavirus was developed in the Wuhan lab with support from other nations, including America. Those who claim I am wrong cannot prove me wrong because I am not wrong.
So far you haven't proven that which you claim. In fact, the links you've provided don't support said claim.

Arthur Brain

Scientific theories that are built on biased assumptions should not be blindly accepted as facts, especially when scientific evidence brings those theories into serious doubt. Among scientific theories which are to be questioned because of scientific evidence contradicting those theories include evolution, global warming, masking mandates to stop the spread of coronavirus, extinction of dinosaurs due to a meteor strike, Grand Canyon formation formed by wild gyrations of tectonic plate movements in one spot while other nearby areas remain unchanged, and so forth.
Scientific theories don't come about through 'biased assumptions'.

way 2 go

Screenshot_2021-05-07 IM ( ianmSC) Twitter.png

way 2 go

Screenshot_2021-05-07 IM ( ianmSC).png

way 2 go

Screenshot_2021-05-07 IM (.png

way 2 go

Screenshot_2021-05-07 I) Twitter.png

expos4ever

Quite the story. Any evidence for it?

The all-too-common pattern repeats: trained professionals, subject to the rigor of peer-review and with reputations to maintain, deliver a finding.

The response: a litany of speculative claims with no evidence.

Here is why your story is not credible: It could be used to dismiss pretty much any finding of the scientific enterprise whatsoever.

expos4ever

First, I will trust trained professionals from the National Academy of Sciences over "@ianmSC" on twitter every day of the week. Second, no one claimed that masks were the only relevant variable. Again, here is what the professionals have concluded:

Arthur Brain

First, I will trust trained professionals from the National Academy of Sciences over "@ianmSC" on twitter every day of the week. Second, no one claimed that masks were the only relevant variable. Again, here is what the professionals have concluded:

Hmm, a twitter account over the National Academy Of Sciences...

Nah, the twitter account has to have the goods...

marke

Quite the story. Any evidence for it?

The all-too-common pattern repeats: trained professionals, subject to the rigor of peer-review and with reputations to maintain, deliver a finding.

The response: a litany of speculative claims with no evidence.

Here is why your story is not credible: It could be used to dismiss pretty much any finding of the scientific enterprise whatsoever.
Blind group-think acceptance of lies is quite common in a world given over to following the devil instead of believing God.