the Dalai Lama said

brother Willi

"I see all the different religious traditions as paths for the development of inner peace, which is the true foundation of world peace. These ancient traditions come to us as a gift from our common past. Will we continue to cherish it as a gift and hand it over to the future generations as a legacy of our shared desire for peace?"

the Dalai Lama

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:think:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus Christ said

Jesus Christ said

"He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

Jesus Christ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Crow

Oh, a quote thread!

"I have got little feet because nothing grows in the shade"

Dolly Parton

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is a way that seems right to a man*, But its end is the way of death.

Solomon, Proverbs 14:12, 16:25

*like the Dalai Lama, for instance.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep.

• Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

The Dalai Lama fails the test.

brother Willi

Originally posted by Turbo

Yep.

• Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

The Dalai Lama fails the test.
why?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"You shall have no other gods before Me."

God

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Granite

Hall of Fame
Re: the Dalai Lama said

Originally posted by brother Willi

"I see all the different religious traditions as paths for the development of inner peace, which is the true foundation of world peace. These ancient traditions come to us as a gift from our common past. Will we continue to cherish it as a gift and hand it over to the future generations as a legacy of our shared desire for peace?"

the Dalai Lama

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Somebody other than Jesus talking about love and peace? Time for a stiff shot of Christian xenophobia!

Crow

Re: Re: the Dalai Lama said

Re: Re: the Dalai Lama said

Originally posted by granite1010

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Somebody other than Jesus talking about love and peace? Time for a stiff shot of Christian xenophobia!

Nothing wrong with other's speaking of love and peace.

They just don't carry the weight of spiritual authority for Christians, any more than, say, the words of Winston Churchill or Mao.

brother Willi

Re: Re: Re: the Dalai Lama said

Re: Re: Re: the Dalai Lama said

Originally posted by Crow

Nothing wrong with other's speaking of love and peace.
ok

They just don't carry the weight of spiritual authority for Christians, any more than, say, the words of Winston Churchill or Mao.
what of those who follow the words of the Dalai Lama, are his words against Jesus?

Crow

Re: Re: Re: Re: the Dalai Lama said

Re: Re: Re: Re: the Dalai Lama said

ok

what of those who follow the words of the Dalai Lama, are his words against Jesus?

They follow a false path.

Christ tells us that He is the one way, the only way to the Father.

There are plenty of paths, and if Christ was a liar, then the they all might be OK.

I believe otherwise.

brother Willi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the Dalai Lama said

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the Dalai Lama said

They follow a false path.

Christ tells us that He is the one way, the only way to the Father.

There are plenty of paths, and if Christ was a liar, then the they all might be OK.

I believe otherwise.
if i never heard of Jesus, would you rather i listened to hitler, or the Dalai Lama?

Crow

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the Dalai Lama said

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the Dalai Lama said

if i never heard of Jesus, would you rather i listened to hitler, or the Dalai Lama?

Neither. You would be less dangerous if you listened to the Dalai Lama, but you'd still be on a path that doesn't lead to salvation.

brother Willi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the Dalai Lama said

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: the Dalai Lama said

Neither. You would be less dangerous if you listened to the Dalai Lama, but you'd still be on a path that doesn't lead to salvation.
so only Christians get to go to Heaven???