the Dalai Lama said

brother Willi

Originally posted by Crow

First of all, let me address what appears to be a major source of your confusion.

The "Me" Jesus refers to in the verses above is Him, not YOU, brother Willie. And Jesus is the Son of Man referred to above, not YOU.

WE are in TOTAL agreement

And Matt 12:30 affirms that Christ is the only way by affirming that if one is not with Him, one is against Him. It nicely supports John 14:6

John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but by me."

and WE are still in TOTAL agreement

So in light of scripture, I examine the following:

The Dalai Lama has not accepted Christ as savior. What he has done or not done on this earth of his own works or words does not bring him eternal life. He has not entered into relationship with Christ and accepted His gift of grace, which come only from Jesus Christ because only He made the perfect and acceptable sacrifice that satisfies the debt of our sins.
the Dalai Lama echoes the Spirit.
and when death comes. he will stand, and know Jesus.
and Jesus will know him.

2 Timothy 2:22
Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

Matthew 12:7
"But if you had known what this means, 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT A SACRIFICE,' you would not have condemned the innocent.

how do Buddhist monks live their lives?

you are correct, you can do ALL the wonderful works you want, but without LOVE and FORGIVENESS in your heart you do not have the Spirit within you.

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

Matthew 7:22
"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'

Matthew 7:23
"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

the Dalai Lama makes NO claims to being God
"I am just a simple Buddhist monk - no more, nor less."

Only Christ can give us His righteousness, righteousness we cannot earn no matter how much our words have done. The passages above witness that there is not more than one way. So the Dalai Lama and those "better Christian" non-Christians are not saved and will not receive eternal life unless they accept Christ as savior before they die.

what of those who die young, say 5 year olds?

they have not said Jesus is Lord, they have not said Jesus is my savior.

will your words condem them also?
~~~

please give me your thoughts on this Jesus said.
John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

Crow

Originally posted by brother Willi

You imply in more than one thread and the shoutbox that anyone who does not agree with YOU is disagreeing with Christ or the Spirit by tossing these verses out and/or calling them vipers. That is a misuse of these scriptures.

the Dalai Lama echoes the Spirit.
and when death comes. he will stand, and know Jesus.
and Jesus will know him.QUOTE]

Christ made no statements that anyone who "echos the spirit" is saved. The Dalai Lama knows of Christ, and has not accepted Him as savior. He is not going to be saved unless he does so, and the scriptures are clear on this.

Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

"But if you had known what this means, 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT A SACRIFICE,' you would not have condemned the innocent.

how do Buddhist monks live their lives?

It doesn't matter for the purposes of salvation. The scriptures are clear that one must accept Christ as savior to be saved. Nice people are going to hell, bW, because they do not accept Christ as savior. Nice people are not righteous enough. We must have righteousness that equals God's, and only Christ can give us that.

you are correct, you can do ALL the wonderful works you want, but without LOVE and FORGIVENESS in your heart you do not have the Spirit within you.

You can have all of the love and forgiveness in your heart you wish, but unless God is a liar, it does not lead to salvation. He says so.

Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

Matthew 7:22
"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?'

Matthew 7:23
"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Yup. There will be some who do not get into heaven who believe that they are Christians because they are counting upon their works to bring them righteousness.

There are Christians who have never understood the need of Christ as savior and never accepted him. They go to church, they busily set forth doing good to earn their way into heaven, and never realize that no matter how good they are, they can't do it. There are "social Christians" who attend church and believe that so many hours equal salvation.

the Dalai Lama makes NO claims to being God
"I am just a simple Buddhist monk - no more, nor less."

Too bad. He's a nice guy, but he has no savior.

what of those who die young, say 5 year olds?

they have not said Jesus is Lord, they have not said Jesus is my savior.

will your words condem them also?

I am unable to condemn or save anyone, bW. You should know that. I can point to what the scriptures say.

There is a thread around here where this is discussed--I'll pull it out and link it here--there is too much material to discuss in a single post. The short answer is "No." Here is that thread.
~~~

please give me your thoughts on this Jesus said.
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

Christ was speaking to a small number of Jews. And this has been done and continues to be fulfilled. The gentiles were brought into the fold who heard Christ's voice and believed. ONE Shepherd. Not a bunch. Again, this supports that Christ is the only way.

Last edited:

brother Willi

You imply in more than one thread and the shoutbox that anyone who does not agree with YOU is disagreeing with Christ or the Spirit by tossing these verses out and/or calling them vipers. That is a misuse of these scriptures.
when folks disagree, they tend to see that in oneanother

It doesn't matter for the purposes of salvation. The scriptures are clear that one must accept Christ as savior to be saved. Nice people are going to hell, bW, because they do not accept Christ as savior. Nice people are not righteous enough. We must have righteousness that equals God's, and only Christ can give us that.
can one accept Christ as savior, and live by hate?

Matthew 5:38
"You have heard that it was said, 'AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.'

Matthew 5:39
"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

Matthew 5:40
"If anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, let him have your coat also.

Matthew 5:41
"Whoever forces you to go one mile, go with him two.

Matthew 5:42
"Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you.

Matthew 5:43
"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.'

Matthew 5:44
"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Matthew 5:45
so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Matthew 5:46
"For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same?

Matthew 5:47
"If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

Matthew 5:48
"Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

You can have all of the love and forgiveness in your heart you wish, but unless God is a liar, it does not lead to salvation.

can one claim salvation, and NOT have love and forgiveness in their heart ?

There are Christians who have never understood the need of Christ as savior and never accepted him. They go to church, they busily set forth doing good to earn their way into heaven, and never realize that no matter how good they are, they can't do it. There are "social Christians" who attend church and believe that so many hours equal salvation.
as evil as we have ALL been in our past, (myself included)

we ALL need Christ as savior

There is a thread around here where this is discussed--I'll pull it out and link it here--there is too much material to discuss in a single post. The short answer is "No." Here is that thread.
~~~
5 or 50?

Romans 2:12
For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;

Romans 2:13
for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified.

Romans 2:14
For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves,

Romans 2:15
in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,

Christ was speaking to a small number of Jews. And this has been done and continues to be fulfilled. The gentiles were brought into the fold who heard Christ's voice and believed. ONE Shepherd. Not a bunch. Again, this supports that Christ is the only way.

heard Christ's voice i agree.

maybe we can talk about what that voice teaches

Crow

Love is not feeling good and standing by and speaking platitudes while another fails, or cheering him on down the path to ruin. Love is true, not a soothing lie or silence when watching another pursue self-destruction. One of the most hateful things we can do is allow our brother to fall by aiding him in error when he is weak, and reassuring him that all is right when he is wrong. Love does not cower from offending another if it saves them.

Love does not buy a junkie a fix. Love does not buy an alcoholic a beer. Love does not help a woman pay for an abortion. Love does not allow one's children to grow up without limits or correction. Love warns people of pitfalls. Love puts the well-being of another above one's need for acceptance and gratitude.

So is it loving to tell people that those who do not accept Christ have the "spirit of Christ" and will be saved because of their good words or peacefulness? Is it kind to deceive them into belief that they have no need for Christ because they are "good people" and possible be the stumbling block that sends a fellow human being to hell because you obscure the need we have for Christ to obtain salvation?

No. That is a sissy false love where one smiles and grins and does not attempt to intervene when someone is on the path to hell because appearing or feeling "loving" is more pleasant than showing true love and trying to steer one's fellow man from damnation.

We are to be perfect as our heavenly Father is. Can you pull that off, bW? No. The only perfection we can possess is the righteousness of Christ. If you let people believe that the Dalai Lama, Buddah, or whoever achieves righteousness without Him, then you mislead others, possibly to their eternal woe. That is not love, no matter how loving you feel you are being when you do it.

No human, save Christ, has ever kept the Law, because God's standard is perfection. The hearers of the Law who do not accept Christ as savior are just as damned as the doers who do not accept Christ, because all fail to keep the Law. When Christ was talking about wanting to murder someone is the same as killing someone, He was showing just how stringent God's standard for righteousness is. How we will never meet the requirements of the Law, no matter how hard whe try. Once we admit that it is impossible for us to keep the Law, then we are ready to understand how desperately we need Christ as savior. Paul explains this, telling us that the Law was a tutor, and we who have grace are dead to the Law.

The Pharasees were the biggest zealots for the Law in Israel, and Christ had nothing much good to say about them, and in fact called them sons of Hell. Yet Christ showed them love. Not the coward's love, but real love--He spoke the truth to them. He showed them their error, shamed their wickedness, and this gave them the opportunity to see their error and accept the truth.

Christ is the author of the Bible, bW, so you can't just pick out the red letters to discern what the Shepherd's voice teaches. John tells us that Christ has existed from the begining, and through Him all was made. No man has seen the Father--Christ told us that when He lived in human flesh. No man can know the Father except through the Son. It was Christ who walked with Adam and Eve. Christ is THE WORD. He gave us the scriptures by working through human beings.

It was Christ who told Noah to build the ark and leave the evil people behind to perish. Christ who rained fire and brimstone upon Sodom, and killed wicked people.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

Christ is the light which shone in the darkness but the darkness did not understand. The Jews hoped and waited for the Messiah when in reality the Messiah had guided all who would follow since He made mankind.

Christ gave every command and instruction in the OT as well as the new. No man can know the Father except through the Son, Remember when you said that the red letters in the Bible were more important to Christians? Christ authored those letters, black and red alike, through people He inspired. He worked through men who recorded the OT and the NT and He works through us if we allow Him to live through us.

Christ desired all to come to His fold. But He has already told us that many will not. Don't add to that number by deceiving others. Being a good person does not get you saved. The Dalai Lama is not going to heaven unless he accepts Christ, despite your opinion that he is a better Christian than many Christians.

Those "bloodthirsty OT Christians" you rail about know that Christ was not a new improved version of God, but that He has been with us since the begining, and that He did not confine His wisdom and teaching to a period of 3 years. If you wish to confine Christ to red letters, you toss out much of what He taught. Christ did not address many issues in his 3 year mission. Many of these had been addressed previously. And some issues He addressed were specific to that period. One needs the whole Bible to understand those red letters fully.

Last edited:

brother Willi

Love is not feeling good and standing by and speaking platitudes while another fails, or cheering him on down the path to ruin. Love is true, not a soothing lie or silence when watching another pursue self-destruction. One of the most hateful things we can do is allow our brother to fall by aiding him in error when he is weak, and reassuring him that all is right when he is wrong. Love does not cower from offending another if it saves them.
AMEN SISTER

Love does not buy a junkie a fix. Love does not buy an alcoholic a beer. Love does not help a woman pay for an abortion. Love does not allow one's children to grow up without limits or correction. Love warns people of pitfalls. Love puts the well-being of another above one's need for acceptance and gratitude.

AMEN SISTER

So is it loving to tell people that those who do not accept Christ have the "spirit of Christ" and will be saved because of their good words or peacefulness? Is it kind to deceive them into belief that they have no need for Christ because they are "good people" and possible be the stumbling block that sends a fellow human being to hell because you obscure the need we have for Christ to obtain salvation?

AMEN SISTER
i speak of a Spirit of love, that lets us see our brothers and sisters as they echo the Word Jesus gave us.

No. That is a sissy false love where one smiles and grins and does not attempt to intervene when someone is on the path to hell because appearing or feeling "loving" is more pleasant than showing true love and trying to steer one's fellow man from damnation.

AMEN SISTER
when folks generate their own fears, that this happens.

[/QUOTE]
We are to be perfect as our heavenly Father is. Can you pull that off, bW? No. [/QUOTE]

AHMEN SISTER
i fall as many times as any here.
Luke 15:18
'I will get up and go to my father, and will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in your sight;

Luke 15:21
"And the son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and in your sight; I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'

Romans 2:12
For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law;

Romans 3:23
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

The only perfection we can possess is the righteousness of Christ. If you let people believe that the Dalai Lama, Buddah, or whoever achieves righteousness without Him, then you mislead others, possibly to their eternal woe. That is not love, no matter how loving you feel you are being when you do it.
Buddha paved the way for the word of Jesus

a Buddhist should be told of Jesus, if it is in him, he should read those RED letters.
they will see that "nirvana" is the letting go of the flesh.
a TRUE Buddhist, will see it.
they may or may not accept Jesus.
if they dont.and still live by the Buddhas law.
they have done this

Matthew 12:32
"Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

they are not damned, untill they see Jesus!

No human, save Christ, has ever kept the Law, because God's standard is perfection. The hearers of the Law who do not accept Christ as savior are just as damned as the doers who do not accept Christ, because all fail to keep the Law. When Christ was talking about wanting to murder someone is the same as killing someone, He was showing just how stringent God's standard for righteousness is. How we will never meet the requirements of the Law, no matter how hard whe try. Once we admit that it is impossible for us to keep the Law, then we are ready to understand how desperately we need Christ as savior. Paul explains this, telling us that the Law was a tutor, and we who have grace are dead to the Law.
AHMEN SISTER

Matthew 5:27
"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY';

Matthew 5:28
but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OUCH
QUILTY AS CHARGED

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew 9:13
"But go and learn what this means: 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Mark 2:17
And hearing this, Jesus *said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

The Pharasees were the biggest zealots for the Law in Israel, and Christ had nothing much good to say about them, and in fact called them sons of Hell. Yet Christ showed them love. Not the coward's love, but real love--He spoke the truth to them. He showed them their error, shamed their wickedness, and this gave them the opportunity to see their error and accept the truth.
AHMEN SISTER

Matthew 28:19
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

and when we see the Holy Spirit shinning in our brother or sister, SEE IT.

Christ is the author of the Bible, bW, so you can't just pick out the red letters to discern what the Shepherd's voice teaches. John tells us that Christ has existed from the begining, and through Him all was made. No man has seen the Father--Christ told us that when He lived in human flesh. No man can know the Father except through the Son. It was Christ who walked with Adam and Eve. Christ is THE WORD. He gave us the scriptures by working through human beings.

It was Christ who told Noah to build the ark and leave the evil people behind to perish. Christ who rained fire and brimstone upon Sodom, and killed wicked people.
AHMEN SISTER

is it wise to start with the RED LETTERS first?
then when we understand them , read the rest?

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was with God in the beginning.
3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

Christ is the light which shone in the darkness but the darkness did not understand. The Jews hoped and waited for the Messiah when in reality the Messiah had guided all who would follow since He made mankind.
AHMEN SISTER

NOBODY need ever say they are not a Christian, if they understand these words

Christ gave every command and instruction in the OT as well as the new. No man can know the Father except through the Son, Remember when you said that the red letters in the Bible were more important to Christians? Christ authored those letters, black and red alike, through people He inspired. He worked through men who recorded the OT and the NT and He works through us if we allow Him to live through us.

AHMEN SISTER

Christ desired all to come to His fold. But He has already told us that many will not. Don't add to that number by deceiving others. Being a good person does not get you saved. The Dalai Lama is not going to heaven unless he accepts Christ, despite your opinion that he is a better Christian than many Christians.
AHMEN SISTER

from everything i understand.
it is NOT MINE to judge, but i do have the Word.
it tells me how to live my life.

from everything i have heard the Dalai Lama, and Buddha said.
i think they met Jesus after they died, and they knew each other.
they may, or may not be quilty of speaking out "against the Son of Man"
but I believe, they are NOT guilty of speaking out against THE Holy Spirit.

Matthew 12:32
"Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Those "bloodthirsty OT Christians" you rail about know that Christ was not a new improved version of God, but that He has been with us since the begining, and that He did not confine His wisdom and teaching to a period of 3 years. If you wish to confine Christ to red letters, you toss out much of what He taught. Christ did not address many issues in his 3 year mission. Many of these had been addressed previously. And some issues He addressed were specific to that period. One needs the whole Bible to understand those red letters fully.

AHMEN SISTER

but do we not also need the RED LETTERS , to understand the rest?

Crow

Buddha paved the way for the word of Jesus

Nope.

Matthew 28:19
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit

Why bother if Buddha and all those others already know Him? They don't need a doctor if they aren't sick.

but do we not also need the RED LETTERS , to understand the rest?

They are all part of a whole. Christ spoke in His human body in some, and through others in some, but He authored all of them. The red ones are no better than the black.

brother Willi

FIRST, let me say thank you Crow, and others, for your input.

take a bow Crow, you debated well.

as i took the first shot, please take the last Crow.
i think its about been covered.

unless some one thinks not

we all must think.

Why bother if Buddha and all those others already know Him? They don't need a doctor if they aren't sick.

does this mean that the laborers hired last get the same pay?

does that mean you can accept Jesus on your death bed?

does it say the laborers are in the flesh?

Matt 20:1-16 "For the Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who was the master of a household, who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. When he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. He went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace. To them he said, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.’ So they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did likewise. About the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle. He said to them, ‘Why do you stand here all day idle?’ "They said to him, ‘Because no one has hired us.’ "He said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and you will receive whatever is right.’ When evening had come, the lord of the vineyard said to his steward, ‘Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning from the last to the first.’ "When those who were hired at about the eleventh hour came, they each received a denarius. When the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise each received a denarius. When they received it, they murmured against the master of the household, saying, ‘These last have spent one hour, and you have made them equal to us, who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat!’ "But he answered one of them, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Didn’t you agree with me for a denarius? Take that which is yours, and go your way. It is my desire to give to this last just as much as to you. Isn’t it lawful for me to do what I want to with what I own? Or is your eye evil, because I am good?’ So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few are chosen."

Crow

does this mean that the laborers hired last get the same pay?

does that mean you can accept Jesus on your death bed?

does it say the laborers are in the flesh?

Whosoever believeth in me. God didn't state that it must be for X amount of time.

Matt 20:1-16 "For the Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who was the master of a household, who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. When he had agreed with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard. He went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace. To them he said, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and whatever is right I will give you.’ So they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth and the ninth hour, and did likewise. About the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle. He said to them, ‘Why do you stand here all day idle?’ "They said to him, ‘Because no one has hired us.’ "He said to them, ‘You also go into the vineyard, and you will receive whatever is right.’ When evening had come, the lord of the vineyard said to his steward, ‘Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning from the last to the first.’ "When those who were hired at about the eleventh hour came, they each received a denarius. When the first came, they supposed that they would receive more; and they likewise each received a denarius. When they received it, they murmured against the master of the household, saying, ‘These last have spent one hour, and you have made them equal to us, who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat!’ "But he answered one of them, ‘Friend, I am doing you no wrong. Didn’t you agree with me for a denarius? Take that which is yours, and go your way. It is my desire to give to this last just as much as to you. Isn’t it lawful for me to do what I want to with what I own? Or is your eye evil, because I am good?’ So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few are chosen."

It doesn't matter how long one is a Christian in this life--if you're saved a minute, you have eternal life, just as if you're saved for 80 years.

But y'all will note that the master of the household didn't pay any folks who never set foot in his field.

Christ is the one way.