The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Uh.... there are literally thousands of images of the earth from space.

You live in fantasy land.

You are the one with the insane theory. The burden of proof is on you to prove all these images have been faked for some unknown reason.
Whenever FE'ers see a picture of earth from space they just yell "fake". No proof needed.

Right Divider

Body part
I think we concede that point too easily.

They should not only have to prove these images are somehow faked but also provide a motive as to why anyone would want to fake these images.
This is one of the reasons that I avoid the topic and stick to observations that anyone can confirm that completely disprove the "flat earth".

Like:
  • The size of the sun NEVER changes throughout the day.
  • Moon phases
  • Travel distances by airplane
  • The north star at varying angles overhead from different latitudes
Those are SOME of the MANY simple observations that disprove the "flat earth". All of which have RIDICULOUS explanations from flat earthers.

SaulToPaul 2

I think we concede that point too easily.

They should not only have to prove these images are somehow faked but also provide a motive as to why anyone would want to fake these images.

Why are some pictures flat and some curved? Who has the most to lose? Why would amateurs who send up rockets with cameras lie? I suspect it's the guys getting 2.3 million PER HOUR in taxpayer money (NASA).

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Why are some pictures flat and some curved? Who has the most to lose? Why would amateurs who send up rockets with cameras lie? I suspect it's the guys getting 2.3 million PER HOUR in taxpayer money (NASA).

Bad argument. The people at NASA have nothing to lose. If the Earth were truly flat they would have as much to gain by publishing those pictures as they do by publishing globe Earth pictures.

And none of these conspiracy theories adequately cover the ancient Greeks who know the Earth was globe. Columbus knew the Earth was a globe, he just didn't know a whole new continent was between him and India. People had observed that the Earth was a globe LONG before NASA existed so a NASA conspiracy is just plain goofy.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
No, it's a great question that gets to the crux of the matter.
Why are amateur videos ALWAYS flat?

Scale. The radius of the Earth is something less than 4000 miles (3,959 miles). Pictures take from the surface of the Earth can see from a couple of miles to a couple hundred miles depending on your elevation. Lets say you are high enough up to see 100 miles to the horizon. 100/3959 is a very small number meaning you can only ever see a tiny fraction of the Earth and nowhere near enough to see the curvature. Even for the highest resolution cameras taking pictures near the surface, the curve of the Earth might be a single pixel or less.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
RIP....

DFT_Dave (once thought of as staunch champion of the open view)
SaultoPaul (once considered brilliant mind on dispensationalism)
patrick jane (once considered reasonable and valuable asset to the discussion)

Anyone else I should add?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
They aren't. There are tons of amateur videos clearly showing the curvature of the earth.

Here's one now...

It's a trade off. I used to look up to some of you globetards. The fact that you're posting G0Pro footage, known to show curved earth from the GROUND, proves you're a moron. :rotfl:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's a trade off. I used to look up to some of you globetards. The fact that you're posting G0Pro footage, known to show curved earth from the GROUND, proves you're a moron. :rotfl:
You don't know anything about fisheye lenses. You don't know anything about computer graphics, perspective or just about anything else. I (and others on these threads) do have knowledge on these topics. Yet you are so concerned about maintaining your position that the truth means nothing to you anymore. This fact makes you ignorant and not to be taken seriously on this topic or any other topic.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
?? The moon cycles (new moons) ??

The moon orbits the earth every 27.3 days.
But the new moons come every 29.5 days.

Since the Earth and Moon both move, for globe earthers, I can see how they would account for this.
But how do flat earthers account for this?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
?? The moon cycles (new moons) ??

The moon orbits the earth every 27.3 days.
But the new moons come every 29.5 days.

Since the Earth and Moon both move, for globe earthers, I can see how they would account for this.
But how do flat earthers account for this?
If the earth doesn't move I'm trying to think how that could be figured or calculated. Here's a short video but I don't get some things usually on technical stuff, maybe you or others will. If earth doesn't move though, what would have to be explained by the different speeds of the sun and moon. Some think the moon is a special kind of luminary with different properties than we think. I think the moon moves slower than the sun but I don't know if that's the reason for the phases etc. I'll have to keep that in mind while researching and keep looking for flat earth explanations on it.
From Video :This should explain the Moon and its phases 100%. You can verify all of this with your own eyes.PLEASE WATCH: The Sun, Moon and Stars EXPLAINEDhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_zVt...

Slight Profanity

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
patrick if you continue to post propaganda without engaging in the debate you will be banned from TOL for good.

Sorry... but you are dead to me so frankly I don't care if you stay or go.
Fair enough, I don't write people off like that. Sad really, for you I mean. Who else is "dead" to you? DFT_Dave, STP now, 1Mind1Spirit, and EVERYBODY that thinks flat earth is possible through scripture and evidence. Are the images that powerful? They speak for themselves and ARE my argument and engagement sometimes. Sorry it doesn't fit the forum. I really thought you were a better man. It hurts a little.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the earth doesn't move I'm trying to think how that could be figured or calculated. Here's a short video but I don't get some things usually on technical stuff, maybe you or others will. If earth doesn't move though, what would have to be explained by the different speeds of the sun and moon. Some think the moon is a special kind of luminary with different properties than we think. I think the moon moves slower than the sun but I don't know if that's the reason for the phases etc. I'll have to keep that in mind while researching and keep looking for flat earth explanations on it.
From Video :This should explain the Moon and its phases 100%. You can verify all of this with your own eyes.PLEASE WATCH: The Sun, Moon and Stars EXPLAINEDhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_zVt...

Slight Profanity
I'll watch it.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The earth is not flat!

Isaiah 40:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Argue with the Almighty about it.

Were the moon landings faked? I normally do not just put up a link but it is the best way to answer the question.

https://lightsinthedark.com/2014/05/22/no-the-moon-landings-werent-faked-and-heres-how-you-can-tell/

I was twenty years old at the time and I'll tell you that it is the greatest feat performed by mankind. The landings on the moon are real and true. Your choice not to believe. My choice is to believe. So much for my input.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry it doesn't fit the forum.
Actually it does fit the forum. We have always denied people from mindlessly posting images and videos from the internet without adding their own opinions and adding to the conversation.

DFT_Dave and STP are at least using their own words to maintain their place in the discussion which is why I haven't given them the same warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.