The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We have shown you (repeatedly) how perspective really works, but you prefer that silly and bogus video instead.

This is how perspective works, plain and simple.

Simple and observable facts refute the FE "model".

The perspective argument includes a horizon that limits how far we can see.

Perspective + Horizon + Small Close Sun = flat earth

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Chicago Skyline
That the Chicago skyline can be seen from 35 to 50 miles away over Lake Michigan from Indiana is not in dispute by anyone. The dispute is if it's a mirage or not.

View attachment 26476

This photo shows that the Chicago skyline with a superior, upside down image or reflection, mirage over it.

According to globe view the actual cityscape is below the curve and not actually visible at anytime.

But, if the cityscape is not actually visible then we have in this photo two mirages, not one. We have a mirage of the city rightside up and a mirage the city upside down.

Since it's impossible for a mirage to produce its own mirage then we have proof that the actual city is visible from over 50 miles away and not hidden by the curvature of the earth.

If the actual city was below the curvature of the earth then a superior mirage of it would have to be projected high enough to be seen over the curve and only an upside down image would visible and not both an upright image and the upside down image connected to it.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I've seen this video before. From 2:32 to 2:46 you can clearly see the point of origin of the lazar on the beach which would not be possible if there was a six foot drop, even at a 2' 7" height point of origin. At 2:46 and at 2:52, if you freeze it there, you can see from the point of origin that the beam is pointed at an angle upward and not even in the exact direction of the boat. It looks like they simply moved this beam to hit the mark they wanted.

Flat earth folk have traveled to the other side of a lake and have shown a laser beam to travel across it and hit a target at the exact same level which is possible only on a flat earth.

With the laser beam we can see from the boat to the origin and angle of the beam in order to make a commentary on what we see for our self without having to rely on someone else.

The view from the beach through the telescope does not confirm the height of the helicopter at that time. We cannot see from the video for our self without relying on someone else to tell us. We have no "visual" confirmation.

Earth curvature calculator says there would be 10 feet of hidden ground to height of target with view from 3 foot height (about the height of the telescope) to 6 mile distance. So how come they are 24 feet above the ground before they can be seen 6 miles away and not 10 feet above the ground?

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave- what evidence would convince you?

If I knew of evidence that would convince me of a spinning, orbiting, globe I would probably not be doing this.

There exists evidence for both globe and flat earth. There are today both geocentric believers, flat earth believers as well as heliocentric believers.

We also are seeing the beginning of multi-infinite-universe believers based on quantum physics.

Rob Skiba took a trip across Lake Michigan and proved the Chicago skyline is not a mirage from 40 miles away by taking a boat trip with the cityscape in view the whole time. I've just explained that a superior mirage of the cityscape proves the actual city is visible and not hidden behind a curved earth.

We have proof, not just evidence or an argument that there is no curvature of the earth that hides the Chicago Skyline from view across Lake Michigan. Does this mean the entire earth is flat? In my opinion, no. This is evidence the earth is flat. There's more than one aspect to determining the shape of earth and the cosmology of the universe.

--Dave

chair

If I knew of evidence that would convince me of a spinning, orbiting, globe I would probably not be doing this.

There exists evidence for both globe and flat earth. There are today both geocentric believers, flat earth believers as well as heliocentric believers.

We also are seeing the beginning of multi-infinite-universe...

Dave, you didn't answer the question. Possible answers include things like:
1. If you could show me that the sun disappears bit by bit, from the bottom up, when it sets, that would convince me.
2. If you could show me, using basic geometry, that only a globe model fits the fact that one can see further if one is higher up, that would convince me.
3. If you can show me a 100% untouched photo of the earth from space, showing that it is a globe, that would convince me.
4. and so on- there are many possibilities. You fill in the blank.

There is another possible answer:
5. "Nothing you can possibly show me will convince me that the Earth is a globe."

So which is it? A simple number from 1-5 will suffice. If you choose #4, you need to provide details.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, you didn't answer the question. Possible answers include things like:
1. If you could show me that the sun disappears bit by bit, from the bottom up, when it sets, that would convince me.
2. If you could show me, using basic geometry, that only a globe model fits the fact that one can see further if one is higher up, that would convince me.
3. If you can show me a 100% untouched photo of the earth from space, showing that it is a globe, that would convince me.
4. and so on- there are many possibilities. You fill in the blank.

There is another possible answer:
5. "Nothing you can possibly show me will convince me that the Earth is a globe."

So which is it? A simple number from 1-5 will suffice. If you choose #4, you need to provide details.

Still looking for that one punch knockout.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's an atmospheric refraction caused by temperature variations in the atmosphere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_refraction

I know what it's called. It's called a mirage.

What do we know about mirages?

We know the ground or sky can seem to disappear and become like a mirror.

Inferior mirages

View attachment 26478

Here is the most typical mirage. The area that looks like water is not water, or a small lake, is not real, it is a mirage. The upright tent is real and is reflected off the mirage of water underneath it. The tent is located exactly where you see it. The color of the mountains are also reflected off the mirage which is why it's the same color.

View attachment 26479

In this pic the mirage again is the area that looks like water. The vehicle is real and is exactly where you see it. The vehicle is reflected underneath in a mirrored effect. The sky is also being mirrored or reflected and is why the color of the mirage matches the sky and looks like water.

View attachment 26480

Because the mirage in this pic reflects the sky right up to the horizon line the horizon line has disappeared where road meets the sky.

View attachment 26481

Here is a mirage off water that is reflecting the sky which is why it's the same color of the sky and does not look like the darked colored water in front of it. The island is real and located right where you see it. The island is also reflected off the mirage that looks like the sky underneath it just as in the land examples.

View attachment 26482

Here is an example of an inferior mirage over water in which an area of the water is reflecting the sky and causes the ship to look like it's in the sky. The ship is real and is exactly where you see it. The horizon line has disappeared because of the reflection of the sky off the mirage, just as in the land example.

In all these examples of an inferior mirage, the tent, the vehicle, the island, and the boat are real and exactly where you see them. Land and water can become like a mirror that reflects the sky and not resemble the ground or water it is on. The things above the mirage are not lifted up or elevated into the air. The ground or water beneath the tent, vehicle, island, and ship has been merely altered to look like water over land or look like the sky over water.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I know what it's called. It's called a mirage.

What do we know about mirages?

We know the ground or sky can seem to disappear and become like a mirror.

Inferior mirages

View attachment 26478

Here is the most typical mirage. The area that looks like water is not water, or a small lake, is not real, it is a mirage. The upright tent is real and is reflected off the mirage of water underneath it. The tent is located exactly where you see it. The color of the mountains are also reflected off the mirage which is why it's the same color.

View attachment 26479

In this pic the mirage again is the area that looks like water. The vehicle is real and is exactly where you see it. The vehicle is reflected underneath in a mirrored effect. The sky is also being mirrored or reflected and is why the color of the mirage matches the sky and looks like water.

View attachment 26480

Because the mirage in this pic reflects the sky right up to the horizon line the horizon line has disappeared where road meets the sky.

View attachment 26481

Here is a mirage off water that is reflecting the sky which is why it's the same color of the sky and does not look like the darked colored water in front of it. The island is real and located right where you see it. The island is also reflected off the mirage that looks like the sky underneath it just as in the land examples.

View attachment 26482

Here is an example of an inferior mirage over water in which an area of the water is reflecting the sky and causes the ship to look like it's in the sky. The ship is real and is exactly where you see it. The horizon line has disappeared because of the reflection of the sky of the mirage, just as in the land example.

In all these examples of an inferior mirage, the tent, the vehicle, the island, and the boat are real and exactly where you see them. Land and water can become like a mirror that reflects the sky and not resemble the ground or water it is on. The things above the mirage are not lifted up or elevated into the air. The ground or water beneath the tent, vehicle, island, and ship has been merely altered to look like water over land or look like the sky over water.

--Dave
Dave, have you ever looked at yourself in a spoon before? The concave side, not the convex...

What's your reflection look like? Is it right side up?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Yes, I would absolutely study to know if the apostle Paul existed or not and gladly watch video to know why someone would think he did not.
I knew you were going to say something stupid like this.

You're hopeless.

I've studied creation along side evolution.
I doubt it.

With no more intelligence and discernment than you've shown in this thread, I don't believe you for a minute.

I've studied open view theism along side closed view theism.
Do me a favor, unless and until you drop this flat earth stupidity, don't take my side on this one. You are and will continue to be a liability, otherwise.

I've studied Atheism, Pantheism, Panentheism--Buddhism, Hinduism etc. enough to understand what they are about and how they compare with each other on the basics.
Well, something has gone wrong, David. Something has gone very seriously wrong. Wrong to the point of sinfulness.

You've become a fool.

I've been three years studying cosmology with the time I've had while still working. I want to know why flat earth is still here. One could make the case that flat earth is Biblical. That does not mean it's true, but I'm giving it a good look because I think it's possible.
It's still here because people are stupid, David!

That IS why it's still here! People are stupid and gullible and will believe nearly anything they're told because they reject reason. They grown in number because those around them are too nice to tell them that they're being stupid.

And I'm not just trying to be insulting. It is stupidity. There is no other word for it.

In a debate I can have every aspect of FE criticized and see if holds up or not. I like comparing both views and seeing different ways of explaining things.
Yes, yes. That held water with me for the first several months of this but we're way past that. You're a flat earther right down to your core, which means you're stupid.

Your input is very good. If there are no other factors to consider like perspective then you are absolutely correct as to why we know the earth is a globe. But I will continue to see how FE arguments address evidence for a globe.
Like I said, STUPID!!

Perspective has no bearing whatsoever on the argument that I and other have made. It has no effect on the Pythagorean Theorem. NONE! The Sun is either directly overhead or it isn't. It's either very near the horizon or it isn't. Perspective has to do with the apparent SIZE of something. The argument I've made has entirely to do with its actual position.

I'm a graphic artist, not a photographer, but everyone knows that art and photography can be manipulated and altered. I have to see many photos before I can make a conclusion.
And this is the proof that you aren't the intrepid intellectual researcher you're claiming to be. No one has asked you to be a photographer. All you have to do is take a picture, with any camera. You know how to point and shoot don't you? The fact that you're a graphic artist tells me that you for sure know how to do pixel counts to measure the size of something in an image and even if you didn't, it wouldn't be at all difficult for anyone who even knows how to cut and paste to figure out how large an image of the Moon is in a digital photo.

I'm very good at determining a good from a bad argument, one that is built on reliable/proven premise and one that is not. I know a contradiction when I see one.

--Dave
No, you're not.

The arguments made in the videos you've posted are the most asinine arguments I've ever heard anyone make about anything. I've seen better arguments for the Ancient Alien Theory and Big Foot!

They are so agonizingly bad that I refuse to even waste my time with them any longer. Anyone with an IQ above 60 along with an ounce of discernment would see them for the outrageous lies that they are.

Further, you aggressively avoid answering straight forward questions and refuse to draw even the simplest of conclusions based on the simplest of logic that even children can easily understand and follow.
You can pretend to be engaged in an intellectually honest pursuit and you can even convince yourself that it's true, but you aren't fooling me.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I have to study your arguments before I can respond to them. I never had to use the Pythagorean Theorem to prove the existence of God, the historical reliability of Scripture, or creation. Now that I have more time I am happy to study this. As I have said many times there is good evidence for globe earth and these calculations are of that kind.

But I also think there's good evidence for flat earth. Personally, I want to reconcile this.

--Dave

What?

You have to study the Pythagorean Theorem?

You didn't go to high school?

You can't pull up and read a Wikipedia article?

What's their to study? I spelled it all out for you! If this angle is X and that side is Y then there's exactly one possible value for every other aspect of a right triangle. There's nothing else to study unless you want to read up on the Pythagorean Theorem and understand the logic behind it, which would take all of maybe an hour if you're taking your time.

And no, David, there isn't good evidence for a flat Earth! The Earth CANNOT be flat.

I HAVE PROVEN IT MATHEMATICALLY!

The fact it is insufficient to persuade you and that you're willing to even entertain any further argument is proof that you're doing something other than searching for the truth.

Clete

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave, have you ever looked at yourself in a spoon before? The concave side, not the convex...

What's your reflection look like? Is it right side up?

We're talking about mirages on land and over water/sea, not spoons.

I just explained and given examples of inferior mirages and later this evening I'll explain and give examples of superior mirages which appear above in the sky and give upside down images of things it reflects.

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We're talking about mirages on land and over water/sea, not spoons.

We're talking about reflections here, Dummy Dave, what better way to talk about reflections than to use something solid and reflective?

Answer the question:

When you look at the concave side of a spoon, what does your reflection look like?

I just explained and given examples of inferior mirages and later this evening I'll explain and give examples of superior mirages which appear above in the sky and give upside down images of things it reflects.

Yes, I'm aware, which is why I asked my question about the spoon.

Here it is again:

When you look at the concave side of a spoon, what does your reflection look like? Is it right side up or upside down?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I knew you were going to say something stupid like this.

You're hopeless.

I doubt it.

With no more intelligence and discernment than you've shown in this thread, I don't believe you for a minute.

Do me a favor, unless and until you drop this flat earth stupidity, don't take my side on this one. You are and will continue to be a liability, otherwise.

Well, something has gone wrong, David. Something has gone very seriously wrong. Wrong to the point of sinfulness.

You've become a fool.

It's still here because people are stupid, David!

That IS why it's still here! People are stupid and gullible and will believe nearly anything they're told because they reject reason. They grown in number because those around them are too nice to tell them that they're being stupid.

And I'm not just trying to be insulting. It is stupidity. There is no other word for it.

Yes, yes. That held water with me for the first several months of this but we're way past that. You're a flat earther right down to your core, which means you're stupid.

Like I said, STUPID!!

Perspective has no bearing whatsoever on the argument that I and other have made. It has no effect on the Pythagorean Theorem. NONE! The Sun is either directly overhead or it isn't. It's either very near the horizon or it isn't. Perspective has to do with the apparent SIZE of something. The argument I've made has entirely to do with its actual position.

And this is the proof that you aren't the intrepid intellectual researcher you're claiming to be. No one has asked you to be a photographer. All you have to do is take a picture, with any camera. You know how to point and shoot don't you? The fact that you're a graphic artist tells me that you for sure know how to do pixel counts to measure the size of something in an image and even if you didn't, it wouldn't be at all difficult for anyone who even knows how to cut and paste to figure out how large an image of the Moon is in a digital photo.

No, you're not.

The arguments made in the videos you've posted are the most asinine arguments I've ever heard anyone make about anything. I've seen better arguments for the Ancient Alien Theory and Big Foot!

They are so agonizingly bad that I refuse to even waste my time with them any longer. Anyone with an IQ above 60 along with an ounce of discernment would see them for the outrageous lies that they are.

Further, you aggressively avoid answering straight forward questions and refuse to draw even the simplest of conclusions based on the simplest of logic that even children can easily understand and follow.
You can pretend to be engaged in an intellectually honest pursuit and you can even convince yourself that it's true, but you aren't fooling me.

Clete

I still like you anyway.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We're talking about reflections here, Dummy Dave, what better way to talk about reflections than to use something solid and reflective?

Answer the question:

When you look at the concave side of a spoon, what does your reflection look like?

Yes, I'm aware, which is why I asked my question about the spoon.

Here it is again:

When you look at the concave side of a spoon, what does your reflection look like? Is it right side up or upside down?

"Leading the witness" is not a valid way to make a point.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.