The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
After dave posts his "summary" I plan to go back through the thread and list all the questions that were asked that were ignored or refused an answer and re-ask them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

To be fair, most of the question were address in one way or another via the videos he posted. Certainly not all of them and not as directly as I would have liked but it wouldn't be fair to say that they weren't addressed at all.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
A while back I did ask Dave how GPS worked in the flat earth model. He ignored it completely.

I've seen videos (it may well have been one that Dave posted) that stated that it works off of cell phone towers and other ground-based forms of communication. It's not a sufficient explanation but the flat-earthers do have an answer for seemingly every conceivable objection.

Right Divider

Body part
I've seen videos (it may well have been one that Dave posted) that stated that it works off of cell phone towers and other ground-based forms of communication. It's not a sufficient explanation but the flat-earthers do have an answer for seemingly every conceivable objection.
Yes, they have a confused and impossible "explanation" for everything.

None of those ground based systems could possibly accomplish the task.

I don't recall Dave posting anything like that, but it's a big thread and I may have missed it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
To be fair, most of the question were address in one way or another via the videos he posted. Certainly not all of them and not as directly as I would have liked but it wouldn't be fair to say that they weren't addressed at all.
Huh?

I meant all the questions directed at Dave that were refused an answer or ignored by him.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To everyone:

Because of the snow and the work I do I have had to work day and night these last couple of days. I am not ignoring any one, I just have time to eat and sleep until all the snow is removed and work is back to normal.

--Dave

The Berean

This simple sketch shows the basics of a geosynchronous satellite.

View attachment 25472

The Earth Sensor and Omni Antenna must always point towards the Earth. The gas thrusters help keep the satellite pointed in the right direction.

Also the round looking antennas require precise pointing as they give coverage to very specific land masses.

The Berean

The Berean must be part of the Government Conspiracy.
The same one that won't let you go to the South Pole.

These two 11-year old girls launched a GoPro camera to the edge of space using a balloon. You can see the curvature of the Earth. Obviously the video is fake and the girls as Chinese operatives.

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/these-...craft-into-the-upper-atmosphere-this-weekend/

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/two-se...-this-weekend-and-have-the-video-to-prove-it/

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
These two 11-year old girls launched a GoPro camera to the edge of space using a balloon. You can see the curvature of the Earth. Obviously the video is fake and the girls as Chinese operatives.

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/these-...craft-into-the-upper-atmosphere-this-weekend/

http://www.geekwire.com/2015/two-se...-this-weekend-and-have-the-video-to-prove-it/

Cool video and cool experiment!

But...

The problem with GoPro cameras is the sort of wide-angle lens that they use. If you watch the video carefully, you'll see the bend in the horizon change with the angle of the camera. It'll be bent downward then flat then bent upward and then flat again all within one 5 second shot. Flat-Eathers say that all such video showing the curvature of the earth is either faked or has to do with the way wide angle lenses distort the image, which the video these girls shot would be an excellent example of.

Clete

P.S. See Dave! Arguments having to do with visual evidence can be presented in writing! :)

Tony Trout

There go all your claims for "examining the evidence". There is no possible evidence or fact that will convince you. No point in discussing anything at all with you.

"Off the deep end" is putting it mildly. You need help.

What he/she said. Seek help before it's too late.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Devil

As I said before, repeatedly, Satan has a motive. He will deceive the whole world.

He has constructed a fake theology of an impersonal; timeless, immovable, changeless God, who is "in everything".
I disagree that the Devil is the driving force behind Calvinism. I think that's man's doing. But even if it were by Satan's design it would have a point i.e., separating man from God's relational goodness and also allowing man to have a built in excuse for sin (God predestined me to do that).

The flat earth theory on the other hand has NO payoff. Regardless if the earth is flat or round the gospel is unaffected.

He has created a fake science of the evolution of "everything".
Again the lie of evolution has a payoff. The theory of evolution creates a reason for men to reject God. I.e., we are here because we evolved from slime and therefore God doesn't exist and we do not need a savior.

The lie of evolution is a powerful lie with serious consequences. There are no serious or even minor consequences to believing that the earth is a sphere. There is however consequences for rejecting science and common observation and believing that the earth is flat. You have lost your credibility and your solid witness for Christ. It's likely that Satan is fooling you into ruining your ability to evangelize by having you promote one of the most ridiculous notions ever created.

Epoisses

Evolution is the science of the devil to destroy souls. The Universe didn't happen by accident and the Word of God upholds every planet and every star in every galaxy which should tell us that our every day problems are not that hard for an infinite Creator.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I disagree that the Devil is the driving force behind Calvinism. I think that's man's doing. But even if it were by Satan's design it would have a point i.e., separating man from God's relational goodness and also allowing man to have a built in excuse for sin (God predestined me to do that).

The flat earth theory on the other hand has NO payoff. Regardless if the earth is flat or round the gospel is unaffected.

Again the lie of evolution has a payoff. The theory of evolution creates a reason for men to reject God. I.e., we are here because we evolved from slime and therefore God doesn't exist and we do not need a savior.

The lie of evolution is a powerful lie with serious consequences. There are no serious or even minor consequences to believing that the earth is a sphere. There is however consequences for rejecting science and common observation and believing that the earth is flat. You have lost your credibility and your solid witness for Christ. It's likely that Satan is fooling you into ruining your ability to evangelize by having you promote one of the most ridiculous notions ever created.

The Flat earth model is the oldest and original cosmology along with the world is a creation of God, and it is for that reason I have given it due consideration.

And I have not lost any credibility or witness for Christ because of this, accept in your mind. My evangelism is not based on cosmology, it's based on Christ and a literally true Word of God.

Remember, I said Satan is out to deceive the "world", as Christians we are not of the world, and regardless of our cosmology, we will not be deceived into following the Antichrist. Cosmology does not save us or condemn us.

Globalism is clearly more important to you than flat earth is to me, you don't see me condemning any one for their cosmology. The Biblical cosmology should not contradict the Biblical nature of God. The Biblical Nature of God was replaced with the Greek philosophical God in Christianity since Augustine and I want to make sure that the Biblical cosmology was not replaced as well.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Cool video and cool experiment!

But...

The problem with GoPro cameras is the sort of wide-angle lens that they use. If you watch the video carefully, you'll see the bend in the horizon change with the angle of the camera. It'll be bent downward then flat then bent upward and then flat again all within one 5 second shot. Flat-Eathers say that all such video showing the curvature of the earth is either faked or has to do with the way wide angle lenses distort the image, which the video these girls shot would be an excellent example of.

Clete

P.S. See Dave! Arguments having to do with visual evidence can be presented in writing! :)

I know, but I like watching the videos, pass the popcorn. :cheers:

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
All four of the videos in that series prove the flat earth model to be impossible. Anyone who watches even one of them and does not reject the flat-earth model is not looking at the issue scientifically.

Their are flat earth arguments that GPS is ground based or balloons are used. My problem is I don't think satellites prove any thing about the shape of the earth. Any thing can fly around in the circle of the flat earth or fly around in the circle/orbit of the globe earth. To me, at this point, the argument is non sequitur.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh man... if we could only get Dave to watch this video. :rotfl:

The ancient Greeks were divided on their cosmology and there is a reason that geocentric Aristotle won out over the heliocentric Pythagorean's.

Eclipses are not so easily explained as this video assumes. The causes of all eclipses are in dispute, always has been the case. I will go into this in my next post.

The Greeks based their cosmology on thought experiment, just as Einsteins relativity is. It's a presupposition that the earth is like the sun and the moon in that they are all spheres moving through space, and the stars are the same. You can say that they imagined it correctly because today we have confirmed it.

But it can be more realistically argued that the earth is not at all like the sun, moon, and stars for three important reasons.

1. The sun, moon, and stars do not have an atmosphere that can sustain life.

2. The sun, moon, and stars do not have bodies of water/oceans.

3. The sun, moon, and stars appear as lights in the sky.

Observation confirms the Genesis account. God did not make the the sun, moon, or stars to be inhabited. They were made to light the sky and to determine seasons and a calendar to track time on earth.

The geometry of the suns rays clearly shows a very close sun compared to the parallel rays that should come from a sun that is billions of miles away. The flat and straight horizon lines we see, the lack of motion we feel, and that water always seeks it's own level confirm a flat stationary earth that is contradicted by all kind's of "science", that is based on and originated from a false comparison and presumed eclipses that can be accounted for in other ways.

--Dave

The Berean

Their are flat earth arguments that GPS is ground based or balloons are used. My problem is I don't think satellites prove any thing about the shape of the earth. Any thing can fly around in the circle of the flat earth or fly around in the circle/orbit of the globe earth. To me, at this point, the argument is non sequitur.

--Dave
Dave you never seem to do much beyond state bare assertions. Why do you believe satellites do not prove the Earth is a globe? What is the physics of a flat Earth? The truth is that geosynchronous satellites are designed and operate on the premise that the Earth is a globe. They wouldn't work otherwise. Geosynchronous satellites have been in use for over 50 years. If you can show me how a geosynchronous satellite works with a flat Earth by all means I'm all ears. But I would like for YOU to tell me, not some video. Can you do that Dave?

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.