Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This is observable empirical evidence of what is on, and not on, the surface of the moon.

The only straw man I can think of on this thread is sitting behind the steering wheel of your truck.

--Dave

Again, You're arguing against something that no one claims. No one says that the moon has air on it's surface. No one.

No one claims that there is life or oceans or trees on the moon's surface. No one.

That's why I called your post a straw man. Because you're making an argument against a position that you can easily knock down.

And what does my profession have to do with this thread? Stop bringing it into the discussion or I'm going to report you for harassment and being off topic. I really don't want to do that Dave.

I made the argument (and gave you evidence for it) that there is water (in the form of ice) and an exosphere (an "almost" atmosphere) on the moon. I even gave you a biblical (and scientific) reason for there to be water on the moon. Would you please reply to that post?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Again, You're arguing against something that no one claims. No one says that the moon has air on it's surface. No one.

No one claims that there is life or oceans or trees on the moon's surface. No one.

That's why I called your post a straw man. Because you're making an argument that you can easily knock down.

And what does my profession have to do with this thread? Stop bringing it into the discussion or I'm going to report you for harassment and being off topic. I really don't want to do that Dave.

I made the argument (and gave you evidence for it) that there is water (in the form of ice) and an exosphere (an "almost" atmosphere) on the moon. I even gave you a biblical (and scientific) reason for there to be water on the moon. Would you please reply to that post?

You have a gift for missing the point.

"Though the earliest written mention of a spherical Earth comes from ancient Greek sources, there is no account of how the sphericity of the Earth was discovered." --Wiki

It was "thought", by early Greek philosophers that the earth, like the sun, moon, and stars was also a sphere, not a discovery.

The sun and moon are obviously not inhabitable and do not have oceans and there fore not like the earth. Only a flat earth can have level oceans and sustain life.

--Dave

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave I am going to continue to ask you this question until you give me a direct answer.

Dave... would flying from Johannesburg to Sydney in 11 hours be proof enough for you that the earth cannot be flat?

And if not... why not?? How can commercial airlines fly from Johannesburg to Sydney in 11 hours using a flat earth model?

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave I am going to continue to ask you this question until you give me a direct answer.

Dave... would flying from Johannesburg to Sydney in 11 hours be proof enough for you that the earth cannot be flat?

And if not... why not?? How can commercial airlines fly from Johannesburg to Sydney in 11 hours using a flat earth model?

No matter how long such a flight would take, if the earth was flat and stationary beneath the plane, and the horizon was straight and level viewed through the windows, then what would it prove?

Some one took that flight and said they did not travel in the right direction anyway. I posted his video and he was not a flatearther.

--Dave

P.S. There is no single factor, argument, smoking gun to resolve the problems of cosmology.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No matter how long such a flight would take, if the earth was flat and stationary beneath the plane, and the horizon was straight and level viewed through the windows, then what would it prove?

Some one took that flight and said they did not travel in the right direction anyway. I posted his video and he was not a flatearther.

--Dave

P.S. There is no single factor, argument, smoking gun to resolve the problems of cosmology.
Dave... I'm talking about the distance.

Do you realize how far it would be from Johannesburg to Sydney on a flat earth map? Heck even if you flew straight from Johannesburg to Sydney (flying over places you shouldn't see) it would still be over twice as far.

Come on Dave.... if you are seriously "just exploring" this topic you have to be able to concede these rock solid proofs.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave... I'm talking about the distance.

Do you realize how far it would be from Johannesburg to Sydney on a flat earth map? Heck even if you flew straight from Johannesburg to Sydney (flying over places you shouldn't see) it would still be over twice as far.

Come on Dave.... if you are seriously "just exploring" this topic you have to be able to concede these rock solid proofs.

The earth may well be a globe, or maybe not, but one thing is for sure, there are no rock solid proofs for a globe.

--Dave

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The earth may well be a globe, or maybe not, but one thing is for sure, there are no rock solid proofs for a globe.

--Dave
:sigh:

What about the distance Dave??

How is it possible for a commercial jet to fly from Johannesburg to Sydney in about 11 hours? Why doesn't it take at LEAST 22 hours??

(FYI... for those keeping score, on the flat earth model the pilots would have to take a circular path from Johannesburg to Sydney to make it appear they were flying on a globe - ya know to maintain the conspiracy. Therefore in reality on a flat earth model it would take probably about 33 or more hours to fly from Johannesburg to Sydney).

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:sigh:

What about the distance Dave??

How is it possible for a commercial jet to fly from Johannesburg to Sydney in about 11 hours? Why doesn't it take at LEAST 22 hours??

(FYI... for those keeping score, on the flat earth model the pilots would have to take a circular path from Johannesburg to Sydney to make it appear they were flying on a globe - ya know to maintain the conspiracy. Therefore in reality on a flat earth model it would take probably about 33 or more hours to fly from Johannesburg to Sydney).

Wind direction and wind speed can change the time for any flight, the person in the video showed on his flight that they flew in the direction of flat earth not globe earth. Others have shown that southern flights make stops in the northern hemisphere witch is also consistent with flat earth.

There is no one factor, that should be clear to every one. Flat earth people are make some valid arguments. I can't deny that, which is why I wanted this debate.

--Dave

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wind direction and wind speed can change the time for any flight, the person in the video showed on his flight that they flew in the direction of flat earth not globe earth. Others have shown that southern flights make stops in the northern hemisphere witch is also consistent with flat earth.

There is no one factor, that should be clear to every one. Flat earth people are make some valid arguments. I can't deny that, which is why I wanted this debate.

--Dave
You think wind speed can make a commercial jet travel at 1,110 miles per hour (which is over 400 mph faster than it's max speed) or even 1,665 miles per hour?

And do you believe that all flights to and from Johannesburg to Sydney always happen to get this incredible tail wind?

Do you believe that Dave?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And why don't all the passengers on these DIRECT flights not notice that the planes actually stop to refuel?? After all... on a flat earth flying from Johannesburg to Sydney is well over the maximum fuel range for a commercial jetliner.

Dave... how do these planes fly almost double their maximum range without refueling OR do they actually stop to refuel but somehow no passengers seem to notice?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have a gift for missing the point.

What point did I miss, Dave?

"Though the earliest written mention of a spherical Earth comes from ancient Greek sources, there is no account of how the sphericity of the Earth was discovered." --Wiki

Do you think it might have come from the Jews? I mean, the Hebrew Old Testament does say in multiple places that the earth is a circle, and that it was hung on nothing, and that God stretched out the heavens. I mean... Just a thought...

It was "thought", by early Greek philosophers that the earth, like the sun, moon, and stars was also a sphere, not a discovery.
What's your point, Dave?

The sun and moon are obviously not inhabitable

No one claims that they are.

and do not have oceans

No one claims that they do, unless you count the oceans of plasma on the sun and the "mares" (latin for seas) on the Moon, which are solidified molten rock, which also fits the Hydroplate Theory from Dr. Walt Brown.

and there fore not like the earth.

Point me to one post on this thread that says that, other than their shape, the sun and moon are like Earth. I dare you.

Only a flat earth can have level oceans

Not true Dave. Dave, I want you to try to imagine something for a moment. I want you to try to imagine, assuming gravity is real (only for the purpose of this thought experiment), a droplet of water floating out in space (and imagine it's somehow able to stay above freezing). What does the drop of water look like?

If you say anything other than a sphere, you would be wrong. The surface tension of the water will not allow it to be anything other than a sphere. This is not gravity however, and shows that things can be spheres even without gravity.

Now imagine (same environment) a gallon of water floating out in space. What does it look like? Does it have a shape? or is it shapeless?

The shape of the water will be a sphere. But not because of the surface tension, but because of it's mass pulling itself together. Gravity keeps it a sphere, because the center of gravity is at the center, and because gravity is pulling inwards in all directions, the water "levels out" around the center of gravity. When water levels out, Dave, that means all the water molecules are as close as possible to the center of gravity. That's it. It's not that it becomes flat (though if you have enough water (such as on a round earth), the water can appear flat. The reason for this is that when a sphere is so large compared to the observer, it's surface appears flat, but only because the observer is so close to it that he cannot see the curve.

For example, if you were somehow able to land on VY Canis Majoris, the largest star known to man, which has a circumference of about 5.46 Billion miles, which is about 2000 times bigger than our sun, without being incinerated, You would not be able to tell if you were on a flat surface or a round one, because the amount of curvature is so miniscule.

and sustain life.

Not true, Dave, and you have no way to support that statement.

chair

You're all afraid to watch, who you kidding?

Videos are too hard to watch when you're driving.

--Dave

Dave,

You keep mentioning the fact that this gentleman is a truck driver, as if it had some bearing on the issue or the facts. It doesn't. Since you are a religious man, I would have expected you to have some respect for all humans, since God created us all. And if you have had any life experience, you would know that intelligence and wisdom do not correlate very well with type of employment.

An apology would be reasonable.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Oh, and let's not forget the fact that not only does the moon rotate as fast as it orbits the earth, it oscillates too.

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave,

You keep mentioning the fact that this gentleman is a truck driver, as if it had some bearing on the issue or the facts. It doesn't. Since you are a religious man, I would have expected you to have some respect for all humans, since God created us all. And if you have had any life experience, you would know that intelligence and wisdom do not correlate very well with type of employment.

An apology would be reasonable.

He has a big, very nice, rig, he drives a lot. It can be dangerous to drive and text, and watching a video is not really possible. He could have a PHD for all I know, my comments are about safety, not his education.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And why don't all the passengers on these DIRECT flights not notice that the planes actually stop to refuel?? After all... on a flat earth flying from Johannesburg to Sydney is well over the maximum fuel range for a commercial jetliner.

Dave... how do these planes fly almost double their maximum range without refueling OR do they actually stop to refuel but somehow no passengers seem to notice?

The flights that have stop overs are well known. In the past there were no direct flights. Just viewing a little of the many videos on the subject of flights would have made this clear to you.

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.