The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I just told the main point, so why say you don't get it?

If you have a point to make, make it.

I'm exploring this from every angle and perspective.
You said you thought that the moon was half invisible or had half missing. Yet other times (like with a full moon) it's clearly a full circle. So I'm just trying to mentally picture what shape you must think the moon actually is. That's all... it's a simple question.

If you don't know.... just say... "I don't know what shape the moon is".

You, and every one else who thinks there is no controversy here and it's all cut and dried are wrong about that.
That's your assertion which you are failing miserably at proving.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I mean the sun orbits the earth.

What if it were shown that the Bible systematically adopts a geocentric perspective? Would that be something to care about? ...The Bible systematically presents the same picture of the sun in relation to the earth, and never suggests anything different. History, prophecy, law, poetry, all provide the same uniform view of the matter. Even the poetic descriptions only make sense on the understanding that the sun moves. There is never a hint that this is merely phenomenological language. It is reality as God has revealed it.

That being the case, whence arises the suggestion that it is something other than literal?

By that same logic, you should also believe in transubstantiation.

Do you?

Last edited:

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Stop ignoring points people bring up.

True or false:

You and are suspended over at 15 foot circular platform, looking downward. You are hanging over a spot marked 3 feet from the left hand edge. That leaves 12 feet running off into the distance to your right while, just three feet to your left, is the dropoff into space where the flat platform ends. That's akin to what high alt cameras would have see if the earth were flat, UNLESS they hovered over the direct center of a flat Earth.

No. There is more land beyond the wall of ice that surrounds the flat earth. No one knows how far it extends.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You said you thought that the moon was half invisible or had half missing. Yet other times (like with a full moon) it's clearly a full circle. So I'm just trying to mentally picture what shape you must think the moon actually is. That's all... it's a simple question.

If you don't know.... just say... "I don't know what shape the moon is".

That's your assertion which you are failing miserably at proving.

I already said it was round. There are those who think it is half a sphere, some say concave, some say convex.

Every one will make up their own minds about the validity of the evidence for flat earth.

I may be the only one here comparing both views, now three views-AMR

--Dave

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I already said it was round. There are those who think it is half a sphere, some say concave, some say convex.

Every one will make up their own minds about the validity of the evidence for flat earth.

I may be the only one here comparing both views, now three views-AMR

--Dave
Is it round like a plate is round (ie a disk)? Or round like a globe is round (ie a sphere)?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Seems like only yesterday I was watching those with my kids!
I watched them about a week or so ago. Ah the memories... (though I saw them several years after they came out)

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Literal Does Not Mean Wooden

Literal Does Not Mean Wooden

By that same logic, you should also believe in transubstantiation.

Do you?
If this is your conclusion then you misunderstand "literal" as relates to hermeneutics. It does not mean wooden. It means to take the words in Scripture as they are intended to mean by the writer. The writers of Holy Writ, superintended by God the Holy Spirit, wrote the words of God as the words of men. The words of men employ many literary devices, hyperbole, chiasm, allusion, apostrophe, metaphor, parellelism, assonance, idiom, simile, merism, synecdoche, paradox, metonymy, didactic, poetry, and so on. These devices are to be taken literally, that is, just as they were meant when they were so written. A good student of hermeneutics understands how to distinguish these literary devices, and not add more meaningful freight to them than they were meant to carry.

AMR

chair

No. There is more land beyond the wall of ice that surrounds the flat earth. No one knows how far it extends.

--Dave

So who knows? Maybe beyond this wall of ice the Earth IS a globe...
In any case, I am glad that there is a wall of ice, as it prevents the giant monster Tiamat from devouring the flat earth and all its inhabitants.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is it round like a plate is round (ie a disk)? Or round like a globe is round (ie a sphere)?

I played a lot of baseball and basketball and if some asked me, "what is the shape of the baseball or basketball" I would have said "round". I would not have said it was a sphere. Sorry for the confusion. I was a jock, not a nerd when I was a kid.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So who knows? Maybe beyond this wall of ice the Earth IS a globe...
In any case, I am glad that there is a wall of ice, as it prevents the giant monster Tiamat from devouring the flat earth and all its inhabitants.

I'd say God is beyond the ice wall and above the dome.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have problems with this illustration.

The sun and the moon are the same size viewed from earth.

Why is the sun depicted to be larger than the earth and the moon smaller than the earth?

I see deception here.

View attachment 25551

--Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.